• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Moobabe

We've got this Joe Cole lad who's available...

Swapsies?

Give us Joe Cole and Shelvey and we have a deal! In fact - do you guys still have Poulson on your books? He was a bit of alright as well.

So everybody seems to think. I on the other hand seem to be one of the few people who thinks that there's more to it than that.

There seems to be this idea that if we picked up Falcao we'd be deadly. I really can't see it.

I'm not of that opinion either; but with guys like Oscar, Hazard and Mata behind you it shouldn't be as difficult to even create chances. I saw the highlights of us against West Brom at the weekend and ALL of them showed Sturridge working Myhill, not one of Torres. He just doesn't work hard enough.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Didn't his assistant coach(or something like that) Stellini admits that he knew about the match fixing thing? I've read about it the other day.
Go to the official website, Stellini's statement was posted. Never said what they claimed he did. You know how it goes.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
but I think our coach is the biggest one ever.
playing with an injured ribery and useless kroos for 70 mins. he destroyed our form last year and he's doing it now again.

Too bad you xenophobes require the manager to speak German or Pep could go there and dominate world football...

Feorax

Give us Joe Cole and Shelvey and we have a deal! In fact - do you guys still have Poulson on your books? He was a bit of alright as well

Believe it or not, he's playing CL football with Ajax, along with Ryan Babel.

I have no idea how that happened either.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Viva knows the whole story he's just trolling.

Andreson on the other hand, is just a bitter cunt.

lol I like Juve but I love your Juve Ultra forum personality

ib1NbouoWn1JVf.gif

Moobabe

Thanks for the neutrals support <3 and props to Chelsea GAF for being classy. (most at least)

Was a good game - first half was a real thrill to watch as well. It's a shame for us that we got drawn with two sides (Shaktar and Juve) on such fantastic domestic runs; that sort of confidence is hard to beat no matter who you are, and if both sides do go through they'll take some stopping in the next round.

Believe it or not, he's playing CL football with Ajax, along with Ryan Babel.

I have no idea how that happened either.

I saw them against City! Poulson actually looked ok! Babel is still shite though.

I'm going to watch the Champions of Europe DVD to make me feel better! It's the only way! Congrats Juve-Gaf you did deserve it. I kind of hope Bayern win it cause they were so unlucky last year in the final.

Blablurn

once again, we are in the knockout stage. lets do this BAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEERN.

I'm going to watch the Champions of Europe DVD to make me feel better! It's the only way! Congrats Juve-Gaf you did deserve it. I kind of hope Bayern win it cause they were so unlucky last year in the final.

<3

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Give us Joe Cole and Shelvey and we have a deal! In fact - do you guys still have Poulson on your books? He was a bit of alright as well.

I'm not of that opinion either; but with guys like Oscar, Hazard and Mata behind you it shouldn't be as difficult to even create chances. I saw the highlights of us against West Brom at the weekend and ALL of them showed Sturridge working Myhill, not one of Torres. He just doesn't work hard enough.

As a Colombian I can assure you that Falcao will not miss tap ins. Colombia and Atletico are pretty weak overall so they usually put a couple of defenders on him AT ALL TIMES.

Moobabe

Serious question. IF we don't get Falcao in January who are we going to get? I don't know who will sell a world class striker in January :/

No-one will - that's why signing someone like that isn't the answer. We should be building a young side that can carry us forward - not spending £30+ million on big names, that's not the only route to success.

I think Sturridge can do it - but I'd sell Torres and sign an 18-21 year old who's a bit rough but is an exciting talent. Recall Lukaku and bed these guys in.

xintin

Serious question. IF we don't get Falcao in January who are we going to get? I don't know who will sell a world class striker in January :/
We'll either somewhat overpay for Falcao (as in, whatever Atletico want) or massively overpay for someone else.

Edit - but I do agree our attack is not the only problem.

FootballFan

David Villa (if Villa-Messi rumours are true, which I doubt)
Cavani (Unlikely unless Chelsea offer 50million)
Benzema (He is leaving according to GAF sources)

Yeah..I don't know lol.

So everybody seems to think. I on the other hand seem to be one of the few people who thinks that there's more to it than that.

There seems to be this idea that if we picked up Falcao we'd be deadly. I really can't see it.

Whilst Torres not being good enough to lead the line for Chelsea is pretty clear, I agree they are missing more than that. They need some higher quality personnel in central midfield, especially since Lamps has faded away. Been relying way too long on Ramires/Mikel and it's been a surprise it worked so well during the first part of the season. Mikel definitely stepped up his game but Chelsea would be looking for something more. Someone of Essien quality at his peak. Romeu has looked terrible when given the chance to play this season.

Central defence is another point of concern for sure. Terry is out, no one knows if he can come back at his best. Even then, he's not getting any younger. Luiz-Cahill is your best duo and it's looked shaky quite frequently.

Chelsea have been over reliant on their magical trio. It's felt like Hazard/Oscar/Mata, Cech and the fullbacks have been carrying the team for a while.

Moses and Marin could possibly offer more options to RDM, no idea why he doesn't play them much. Marin looked promising during pre season.

Feorax

Huntelaar? Llorente? Both have been having issues with contract negotiations IIRC. Either would do a job much better than Torres has done for you guys so far.

I see we're being heavily linked to Sturridge again today. I know he's not doing great right now, but surely Chelsea wouldn't be stupid enough to sell their backup striker in January when the primary one is in such horrendous form and likely to be sold himself.

Edit: sorry to hear that Messi :(

u can have kroos, if u want.

Sure. Got to be better than Torres.
No-one will - that's why signing someone like that isn't the answer. We should be building a young side that can carry us forward - not spending £30+ million on big names, that's not the only route to success.

I think Sturridge can do it - but I'd sell Torres and sign an 18-21 year old who's a bit rough but is an exciting talent. Recall Lukaku and bed these guys in.

Can we recall Lukaku? I would even take Drogba for 6 months. I would love a younger striker but who is there at this stage? Neymar is going to Barca. I guess we could try Jovetic.

We'll either somewhat overpay for Falcao (as in, whatever Atletico want) or massively overpay for someone else.

I would gladly overpay for Falcao but not really anyone else. Maybe Cavani.

Yeah..I don't know lol.

Would take all three. Would be better than Torres. Don't think we could get them in January.

You can have Macheda :p

He'll get you goals against Aston Villa.

One player I wouldn't take over Torres :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks

You can be like Barcelona and just outscore everyone (as long as they're healthy). Oscar was a really good purchase at least.

Yeah..I don't know lol.

LMAO. Sell Villa, buy Falcao! He's already friends with Messi!

Having a few drinks to dull the pain of losing my cat :( I miss him so :(

pour-one-out.jpg

Top Bottom