• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Splinter Cell used to be amazing
Hitman used to be amazing

Did anybody ever ask for both gameplay styles to merge though?

Older franchises which have been battered into submission this generation

Final Fantasy
Splinter Cell
Resident Evil
Silent Hill

Any more?
Ninja Gaiden.

I don't even like Ninjas now.

Fry

Splinter Cell used to be amazing
Hitman used to be amazing

Did anybody ever ask for both gameplay styles to merge though?

Older franchises which have been battered into submission this generation

Final Fantasy
Splinter Cell
Resident Evil
Silent Hill

Any more?

RE needed a change. It's still great. People can't seem to move on and realise that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I never liked Ninja Gaiden tbh. Was always a Devil May Cry guy.

So you can go ahead and put Devil May Cry in that list :'(
I don't hate DMC, but I hate the brainless meat shields you go up against. 10 combos to kill one guy is not fun.

Burnout
SSX

Burnout is harsh, SSX fair enough. The new one wasn't SSX

@Fry, RE5 was an average game by its own merit, and RE6 looks terrible. Just because the franchise needed a change, it doesn't make 5&6 good. RE4 was very nearly impeccable after all.

How did we forget Pro Evo?

RE needed a change. It's still great. People can't seem to move on and realise that.

Did it really? I would love a RE that went a bit more back to its root of survival horror, instead of mediocre action game. Same goes for Silent Hill which has also been turned to shit.

Guys should I buy Dark Souls or Arkham City for PC? Or something else on sale from Amazon today?

If you get dark souls you really need the resolution fix.

Clegg

Guys should I buy Dark Souls or Arkham City for PC? Or something else on sale from Amazon today?

They're both brilliant games.

If you're looking for something thats easily accessible from the beginning then go for Arkham City.

Dark Souls is much harder to get into.

pulga

Banned
Capcom has raped, choked, necrophiled and buried RE. 5 wasn't a good RE game, but it was a decent action game. 6? I'm not touching that turd even if someone gifted it to me.

Isn't the new Hitman supposed to be awesome?

Very varied opinions. RPS pretty much nails everything I dislike about it
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/18/wot-i-think-hitman-absolution/

Edit : But dammit it looks good on PC

igkdqwAUL3psj.png

ibrdUeYfnq0Jjl.png

hma2012-11-2201-57-55tssfc.jpg

Fry

Well, I'm a little suspect to say because I love everything about Resident Evil, but I really enjoyed 5, and I'll still buy RE6, no matter what people say. That's what fans do, isn't it?

Fuck the reviewers. I mean, Splinter Cell Conviction has a great score on metacritic. That game was a fucking travesty.

I rather listen to people's opinions. These aren't bought.

Arnie

Were you disappointed by 4? You were so hyped for it, but you've barely talked about it since it came out?

I was, but I knew I would be months before the game launched. I've actually been pretty consistent in my opinion of the multiplayer, in that I knew it'd be a fairly unoriginal attempt to hijack elements of Call of Duty and wing them into a Halo package. I'm not too enthused about it, to be honest.

The campaign surprised me moreso, because I found the Prometheans to be really dull and the overall mission design to be substantially lacking in what I expect from Halo. Press X to insert Cortana was essentially the constant goal.

Well, that is another case. They REALLY ruined that franchise.

RE still has some redeeming qualities.

After buying RE5 and playing RE6 for like an hour... I would argue otherwise and say Capcom also ruined RE. RE6 is possible the worst game I have played this gen*.

*Street cleaning simulator doesn't count. :p

I was, but I knew I would be months before the game launched. I've actually been pretty consistent in my opinion of the multiplayer, in that I knew it'd be a fairly unoriginal attempt to hijack elements of Call of Duty and wing them into a Halo package. I'm not too enthused about it, to be honest.

The campaign surprised me moreso, because I found the Prometheans to be really dull and the overall mission design to be substantially lacking in what I expect from Halo. Press X to insert Cortana was essentially the constant goal.

Don't worry, The Last of Us will be out next year to wash everyone's disappointment of this year, and all other years, away. GotY, calling it

Fry

After buying RE5 and playing RE6 for like an hour... I would argue otherwise and say Capcom also ruined RE. RE6 is possible the worst game I have played this gen*.

*Street cleaning simulator doesn't count. :p

I doubt it! Why do you say that?

Hmm, Hitman looks absolutely amazing. I'm surprised that it isn't getting great reviews though. It's been the same with all the games I planned to buy this end of the year, except for Halo, but I'm not too sure about that one either, going by Arnie's comments.

Between AC3, Hitman, Halo 4 and RE6, I kind of don't want to buy any of them anymore.

Don't worry, The Last of Us will be out next year to wash everyone's disappointment of this year, and all other years, away. GotY, calling it

Lets not pretend the last guardian won't be GOTY.

BELIEVE

I'm excited for last of us too

I doubt it! Why do you say that?

No reason to doubt, I haven't really bought or played any terrible games this gen.

Edit : Fuck, forgot about PES2008 too, that shit was broken.

Hixx

Just bought the Walking Dead game on Steam, half price and enjoyed the first episode on the 360. I still have 3 trillion games to play through so it was probably not a wise decision but so fuck

SO FUCK

Fintan

I wish Halo 4 had gone back to a Halo 3 style ranking system where you could go up and down in each playlist. Felt like more of a challenge.

Lets not pretend the last guardian won't be GOTY.

BELIEVE

I'm excited for last of us too

The Last Guardian will be 2014 GotY.

I believe. Shame the studio will probably fall apart afterwards

Dishonored
XCOM
Walking Dead
Syberia

What a fucking idiot I am. Shouldn't have bought Dishonored until I had time to play it properly, should have dropped Syberia an hour or two into it, should have played Walking Dead as the episodes came in, and should have powered through XCOM

pulga

Banned
Very varied opinions. RPS pretty much nails everything I dislike about it
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/18/wot-i-think-hitman-absolution/

Edit : But dammit it looks good on PC

The fuck?
there’s also the fact that Absolution has become a stealth game rather than a Hitman game.

So it's become more MGS-lite? I get what the reviewer is trying to say, the old Hitman games were never about screwing around hiding behind walls and ledges.

The fuck?

So it's become more MGS-lite? I get what the reviewer is trying to say, the old Hitman games were never about screwing around hiding behind walls and ledges.

Well more like Splinter Cell lite, as it also got the stupid lock and shoot option now and instinct. Also the disguise and save system is kind of broken, especially disguises on the higher difficulty are just retarded.

Prince of Persia has been killed as well by the looks of it

It died when they made him emo. :p

Fry

First month of Fifa 13: countless hours of multiplayer mode, getting angry and pissed off in front of the TV. Not worth it *puts on sale*

Second month of Fifa 13: watching your sister and her boyfriend playing it everyday, and having to play with her because she doesn't like to play against CPU

Fuck my life. I'm gonna nuke this disc from earth.

pulga

Banned
Well more like Splinter Cell lite, as it also got the stupid lock and shoot option now and instinct. Also the disguise and save system is kind of broken, especially disguises on the higher difficulty are just retarded.

It died when they made him emo. :p

Oh yeah, I forgot about the retarded multi-lock from SC. I've been hearing lots of complaints about the disguises, because of how easy similarly dressed NPC recognize you.

and please dont talk about Prince of Persia. </3

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SEQUEL UBISOFT!! SHOVE ALTAIR UP YOUR ASS

Blablurn

First month of Fifa 13: countless hours of multiplayer mode, getting angry and pissed off in front of the TV. Not worth it *puts on sale*

Second month of Fifa 13: watching your sister and her boyfriend playing it everyday, and having to play with her because she doesn't like to play against CPU

pics of sister pls

Timurid

is your sister better than you?

Edit - ^ that too

Carbonox

Capcom has raped, choked, necrophiled and buried RE. 5 wasn't a good RE game, but it was a decent action game. 6? I'm not touching that turd even if someone gifted it to me.

Hitman Absolution is fantastic and possibly my GOTY. Can't get enough of it.

Never played a Hitman game for more than 2 minutes until I got this

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Celtic boss Neil Lennon says he wants to offer a deal to American forward Juan Agudelo.

The Chivas USA player, who at 19 has already been capped 16 times for his country, is currently training with the SPL side during MLS' off-season.

Speaking on Friday, Lennon says he has been "very impressed" by the player, who is one of the rising stars in US soccer.

In an interview with STV, Agudelo said he too was keen to move to Scotland if a deal could be struck.

Can any of the USMNT/MLS crew give me the lowdown on this guy? Look decent?

Top Bottom