• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Kenka

I appreciate this place as much as the first time I walked in. Back then, Frenck, Worm Buffet, Yazan, Hadareud and many others were excellent buddies and I dare to say that we haven't lost in quality ever since. Members change constantly, it's a fact, but I think each generation has welcomed new members in the best possible way. We saw trends burgeoning during our "career" as posters on this forum and many sides have slipped into Oblivion or shot for greatness but never did I actually feel that someone was actually angered by it. On the contrary, maturity across the board made that the transitions did not affect the overall mood.

Again on the plus side, I enjoy the fact that although we get hot-headed at times when we support our team and scream our joy when our side defeat their opponents, we can keep it decent so that we don't piss off other members. This is something I particularly like about the posters in this thread and I hope we never let anger, jealousy and misunderstanding enter it.

We are so awesome that even a astute feminist intellectual red lord like Mumei feels at home in here. I underline it: it's because we are awesome. And we will always be! Yoohoo.

I appreciate this place as much as the first time I walked in. Back then, Frenck, Worm Buffet, Yazan, Hadareud and many others were excellent buddies and I dare to say that we haven't lost in quality ever since. Members change constantly, it's a fact, but I think each generation has welcomed new members in the best possible way. We saw trends burgeoning during our "career" as posters on this forum and many sides have slipped into Oblivion or shot for greatness but never did I actually feel that someone was actually angered by it. On the contrary, maturity across the board made that the transitions did not affect the overall mood.

Again on the plus side, I enjoy the fact that although we get hot-headed at times when we support our team and scream our joy when our side defeat their opponents, we can keep it decent so that we don't piss off other members. This is something I particularly like about the posters in this thread and I hope we never let anger, jealousy and misunderstanding enter it.

We are so awesome that even a feminist red lord like Mumei feels at home in here. We have people from so many different horizons gathering casually here. I underline it: it's because we are awesome. And we will always be! Yoohoo.

Are we under attack?

We are so awesome that even a astute feminist intellectual red lord like Mumei feels at home in here. I underline it: it's because we are awesome. And we will always be! Yoohoo.
What was pre-historic Footy GAF after-dark time like?

Blablurn

Football Thread is the best thread when Bayern wins. Not sure but I think after the CL final i stayed away from it for like a week or so.

Blablurn

I remember when people in the past said: "Yeah, Robben might be arrogant etc. And sometimes also selfish... But he's exactly THAT player you need when you reach the Champions League Final".

Now lets look back...

Champions League Finals in the last 3 years: 2
Finals Robben played: 2
Finals won: 0

I think it's time to get rid of him.

Football Thread is the best thread when Bayern wins. Not sure but I think after the CL final i stayed away from it for like a week or so.

The Suarez racism case was the only time I've stayed away from here since I started lurking I think. Bad results blow over within 2 days, and there's interesting conversation to be had about losses, no matter how disappointing. And self-deprecation is an amazing way of getting over bad results in my experience, and there's plenty of that around here

We'll have Robben if you don't want him. As long as there's always a defender between him and the goal.

Fuck Bayern

I've only been reading this thread for a year and actively posting for 8 or so months. You guys are good people. I was afraid I wouldn't fit in, since I thought that this was an established community already and I had no idea how everyone would treat newcomers.

Blablurn

Fuck Bayern

I've only been reading this thread for a year and actively posting for 8 or so months. You guys are good people. I was afraid I wouldn't fit in, since I thought that this was an established community already and I had no idea how everyone would treat newcomers.

I was against you at first, but the others told me to give you a chance.

I'm kidding! Fuck Bayern!

pulga

Banned
Fuck Bayern. Goodnight, assholes.

I wonder that too, the players with really good vision(Messi, Ozil, Cleverly, Xavi etc.), a .2 second glance up and they see all the options and decide which one is the best and lay a perfect ball for them.

This this this.

But why is Cleverly on the list :lol

Mastadon

Banned
I sometimes wonder what it's like to be in Messi's head while in a game. You must be seeing it played out in a whole 'nother spectrum, at a different level from anyone else.

xHYNO.png

Kenka

Champions League Finals in the last 3 years: 2
Finals Robben played: 2
Finals won: 0

I think it's time to get rid of him.
Robben has the Ballack gene in him. You need to give the keys of your system to an Effenberg (Kroos/Can), a School (Müller) and a Kahn (Neuer).

Mix in a Zickler (Shaqiri), a Jancker (Mandzukic/Gomez), a Kuffour (Dante), a Linke (Lahm), a Babbel (Badstuber), an Elber (you miss someone like him), a Jeremies (you miss someone like him) and a Basler/Hargreaves (you miss someone like him too!) and you're good to go.

FootballFan

Fuck Bayern. Goodnight, assholes.

This this this.

why isn't Anderson also on the list.

Fixed.

Goodnight supporter of the worst team in the world(Madrid, not Juve).

Mix in a Zickler (Shaqiri), a Jancker (Mandzukic/Gomez), a Kuffour (Dante), a Linke (Lahm), a Babbel (Badstuber), an Elber (you miss someone like him),

Elber >> Gomez. Makaay >> Gomez too. And just for the sake of it, Villa >> Gomez.

I imagine he plays football like Christian Bale shoots fools in Equilibrium. Its called Gun Kata I think. Its where he analyses every probable move from every opponent, and the consequences to those moves and his counters, and makes his own moves after a nanosecond of analysis

Nyx

Just realized it’s 7 years ago already….

dito.gif

David di Tommaso, such a good defender that they could only get to him while he was sleeping....

R.I.P.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"Why can't we?" Benitez replied when asked about Chelsea's title hopes. "It's still a long way to go. We have to keep going. We'll have chances."

1324314614_helicopter_hits_scaffold.gif

Nyx

:(

Wonder if it was one of those undetectable conditions

It was, they did research on his body after his death but he seemed completely healthy.

His wife still goes to Utrecht every year to hand out the David di Tommaso trophy for the Supporter's best player of the season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What an amazing picture. <3

tutnov29.jpeg

Davids “Antonio is great but if the club were to call me I would say yes. From Van Gaal to Lippi, I learned something from everyone. It is easier to guide a big club”

I love you Edgar, but no.

Wessiej

What an amazing picture. <3

tutnov29.jpeg

Davids “Antonio is great but if the club were to call me I would say yes. From Van Gaal to Lippi, I learned something from everyone. It is easier to guide a big club”

I love you Edgar, but no.

Edgar fucked up Ajax in 3 months so sure take him.

Labadal

Fuck Bayern?

I want us to get at least two new players during the January window. An offensive player, I don't even care if he's a natural striker, but he needs to know how to score some goals.

We also need a competent replacement for Lucas. Our defending is a joke without him. Allen is a player I like, but that role doesn't fit him at all. Gerrard doesn't give a fuck, and Sahin has been mostly disappointing. I don't know if Shelvey or Henderson could do the job, I just don't see them handling it. The question is, who do we get? It'll have to be someone who'll be content with not being the first option.

I don't want us to buy a new left back yet. Robinson should get a proper chance. He can't do worse than our current options.

I hope West Ham buy Carroll, since he has no part in BR's plans. Downing needs to go, and maybe henderson too.

Let Suso start more games. Rest Gerrard more often and let Suso play behind Suarez.

Last but not least, I hope Borini does a better job when he comes back, but he needs to be played in the middle.

Suarez can create chances from the left, right and the middle, Borini isn't the same type of player, he should be in the box, tapping in goals.

Reina should be replaced a few games just to demonstrate that the manager isn't happy. Or sell him. I think he's been great at Liverpool, but the last two seasons has been his two worst. Heck, one could even sell him and go for a younger keeper.

Nyx

I want us to get at least two new players during the January window. An offensive player, I don't even care if he's a natural striker, but he needs to know how to score some goals.

You need Wilfred Bony, and play Assaidi on the left wing.

Problems solved.

Top Bottom