• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Pachimari

After a bit of reflection after calming down, my thoughts are:-

Ozil continues to be Madrid's most important player - he was amazing tonight, massive work-rate, phenomenal range of passing - the veritable definition of "team-player"

Ronaldo really stood up to be counted, great take for his goal, work-rate was good and was a constant outlet.

Ramos had a damn good game and finally din't get sent off.

Coentrao repaid Mourinho's faith in sticking with him - he actually had great defensive game, kept Alves pretty quiet. Still needs to sort out his hair tho...

Benzema looked pretty tired, but led the line ok, thought he should have passed when we had 4 v 2.

Arbeloa was his usual solid unsung self.

Di Maria needs to be sold to Liverpool (or some other team that buys numpties for silly money)
What a Grade-A cunt. I just don't get Anastacio saying that Di Maria is "fundamental" to Madrid, fuck that - he was injured, Kaka satrted to tick, we played great - he's come back and been a complete disruption; greedy,no right foot, terrible 'headless-chicken' excuse for defending, embarassing, shameful diving and the occasional wonder-goal to offset. Can't stand him, he's a fuck-nugget of the highest order - sure he does assist now and again, but Kaka or Callejon would have similar assists in his position.

Surprised that people are thinking that Madrid will be tired come Wednesday; I don't think y'all have any idea how energised the team will be getting that psychological monkey off their back.

i was worried if we got beat tonight then the Bayern game became so much harder - if I was Bayern I would be getting worried right now, the Madrid team that steps on to the pitch at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday will be DRENCHED in ADULATIOn, and will be unstoppable IMO, they have been majestic at home this season with the exception of Barca and Valencia.

Bring it, but I expect a Real demonstration of how good and clinical Madrid can be

I agree with all of your points BUT Di María. HALA MADRID!

Khrno

I'd rather we get Bielsa.

There's only one better manager than Mou in the world, but he's been in a hiatus for the last 2 years.

carlos-bianchi.jpg

Let's forget his wasted time at Atletico

Pachimari

Let's look at the stars and reach beyond to the moon, and once and for all put flag to its surface, so one and just one symbol can light up all those on Earth who have not yet opened their eyes to the spirit of Madridismo.

Let us together go for the Champions League trophy and grab it by its ears, this is the year people! Can we do it? YES WE CAN!

HALA MADRID!!!

Kyoufu

If you had beaten Wolves, you would be one point off 3rd.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Shit, if we played Cisse at Emirates we would have won the game and been 3rd already.

Can't believe Pardew didn't play Cisse AT ALL in that game.

Wow. I fell asleep at half of the Villa game. Sad we didn't win but at least we didn't lose. But Dortmund clinched and Madrid won at the Nou Camp! The Sanchez goal was a great finish. Really incredible IMO. And that pass from Ozil was beautiful. What a player.

I agree with all of your points BUT Di María. HALA MADRID!

Hehe, plus points for sticking with him - you aren't Argentinian by any chance?

I suppose in some way I can admit to bias, because I'm a big Kaka fan, the way he destroyed Man U & Celtic almost single handed in 2007 Champions League, he was my favourite player in the world at that point (bar Raul of course!)

He's being showing little glimpses of that player he was this season, and Dive Maria has interrupted that return, so it galls me!

Especially this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZuOgm7H9r0

Love Ronaldo's reaction - he's deffo thinking 'feckin cunt, stop upstaging me!'

Lightning

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Shit, if we played Cisse at Emirates we would have won the game and been 3rd already.

Can't believe Pardew didn't play Cisse AT ALL in that game.
Oh hell no. We were all over you in that game. Krul was time wasting for a draw.... Cisse would have made NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever. We were the superior side by far.

Kyoufu

Oh hell no. We were all over you in that game. Krul was time wasting for a draw.... Cisse would have made NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever. We were the superior side by far.

Hah, bullshit.

Cisse has 11 goals in 10 games. He's tearing the PL apart right now and would have been a better choice than Ba in that game.

We also played "hoofball" which cost us in the end. Pardew got it wrong, but oh well.

Hehe, plus points for sticking with him - you aren't Argentinian by any chance?

I suppose in some way I can admit to bias, because I'm a big Kaka fan, the way he destroyed Man U & Celtic almost single handed in 2007 Champions League, he was my favourite player in the world at that point (bar Raul of course!)

He's being showing little glimpses of that player he was this season, and Dive Maria has interrupted that return, so it galls me!

Especially this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZuOgm7H9r0

Love Ronaldo's reaction - he's deffo thinking 'feckin cunt, stop upstaging me!'

Kaka never does the defensive job that Di Maria does, I know he isn't in good shape since the injury, but before that he was doing a great season.

And after all, you said it right, Kaka is showing glimpses but just that

I knew about that, but it's great we finally have our own version.

I feel terrible for Fady, though.

Not only did he see one of his favorite teams lose, but he saw them lose in person in the driving rain to a hated rival.

Still, I'm sure that was a fantastic experience for him to go to the Camp Nou and watch the Clasico in person.

Khrno

Ah come on. Our results are not that bad and our remaining games are not that difficult. We should be okay here.

Arsenal is my PL team, and taking Drogba's words: They're a fucking disgrace. They've been dropping so many points recently, it's not even funny. Second place might have been a stretch, but come on, we could even finish fifth if we're not careful.

Not only did he see one of his favorite teams lose, but he saw them lose in person in the driving rain to a hated rival.

Still, I'm sure that was a fantastic experience for him to go to the Camp Nou and watch the Clasico in person.

Oh shit, forgot Fady was going to the game.

Fady :(

rodvik

fady doesnt have bad days. I bet he is at dinner with messi or something.

Messi

Don't tell me I actually have to explain the joke..

"Originally Posted by Messi"

Messi the player, not the poster-

Shit, I missed this itallics and the joke, I am tired

THIS, sure it was amazing. But its never nice seeing your team lose especially in person.

Salvadora

Arsenal is my PL team, and taking Drogba's words: They're a fucking disgrace. They've been dropping so many points recently, it's not even funny. Second place might have been a stretch, but come on, we could even finish fifth if we're not careful.

People told me not to worry about Wigan.

Top Bottom