• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Zabojnik

I take it you (or whoever took this screenshots) are two seasons in the future, since he would be 19 years old given the birth date. :)

IwuNh.jpg

Woah, didn't know about that. Admirable gesture.

"Juventino + Broken nose"

Nice bonuses! Want indeed.

Verratti is probably the best available vice-Pirlo of his age and nationality right now. Do want. I'd also like to see us give Immobile a role, and Destro, but if the latter arrives he'll probably join the former out on loan somewhere. Seems increasingly likely Giovinco will be back, though; I know Conte's a fan.

I've heard some Juventini who are also Pescara fans calling for Verratti for ages, calling him the next Pirlo. I'm happy to give him a shot as he should be pretty cheap to sign. If the world wouldn't implode, I'd also sign Pogba and have them compete for starting shirts.

But they'll both have to realize that to start in our shirt you need to take the Marchisio route--which is, suffer for a little while, but then become our idol. Or they can take the Giovinco route, be a loud mouthed prick and spend your days as a big(LOL)fish in a swamp like Parma.

Edit: Beaten by Shake. I think Immobile's time is in two years or never for us.

Kyoufu

Gotta prepare for dem injuries too. :\ Risky business. He definitely can't be a starting player for us though. I wouldn't change our midfield and forwards for anyone.

Plus if we get a lesser player then I fear we won't have the strength to cope.

He's a great player. Don't think he'd want to be a sub. Would boost our squad by a factor of 9000 though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I take it you (or whoever took this screenshots) are two seasons in the future, since he would be 19 years old given the birth date. :)

IwuNh.jpg

Woah, didn't know about that. Admirable gesture.

"Juventino + Broken nose"

Nice bonuses! Want indeed.

Yeah I realized the pic was "in the future" so I edited my link
ykzQM.gif

Kozak

Banned
I bought Verratti in FM11 for West Ham. A year later the prick was unsettled and wanted to move to bigger clubs and there went my best player.

elseanio

NextGeneration ‏ @NextGenSeries
Athletic Club join Chesea, PSG, Olympiacos and Arsenal as the 5th new team to join the tournament. Who else would you like to see compete?

Looking forward to this next season. Glad a few more teams are getting interested.

elseanio

United declined the option to join for some reason. What are the rules as far as player participation goes? Age limit?

Squad size of 18, under-18s, with the option of three 19 year olds, with no more than two of those 19 year olds on the pitch at the same time (think that's the rule Spurs broke)

Zabojnik

I'm tempted to just do the safe thing and pick at Fiorentina's carcass for next year. Jovetic and Montolivo?

Gotta catch 'em all! But no Dormolivo, please. He's in the same league as Aquilani. Not a bad player per se, but an eternal promise and someone who hasn't lived up to his youth potential and probably never will. Giovinco's return? Eh, I don't know if I can picture him in Conte's version of total football. He's of absolutely no use whatsoever in the defensive phase. Also, put him on the bench for a couple of matches and he's start moaning.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
0Xyadl.jpg

Marchisio

Gotta catch 'em all! But no Dormolivo, please. He's in the same league as Aquilani. Not a bad player per se, but an eternal promise and someone who hasn't lived up to his youth potential and probably never will. Giovinco's return? Eh, I don't know if I can picture him in Conte's version of total football. He's of absolutely no use whatsoever in the defensive phase. Also, put him on the bench for a couple of matches and he's start moaning.
I was gonna say the same thing but decided not to
ykzQM.gif
ykzQM.gif

Gio would make a good vice-Zorro! Either in a 3-5-2(SS) or in a 4-3-3. But yeah.. a few games on the bench and you won't hear the end of it.

Meh, I don't want him anyway. :p

WJD

Squad size of 18, under-18s, with the option of three 19 year olds, with no more than two of those 19 year olds on the pitch at the same time (think that's the rule Spurs broke)

Ahh, I can see why we didn't then. Not sure our academy would be up for something like that just yet but a lot of them are still developing physically, so maybe next year.

Arnie, enjoy your birthday! Rodvik said it best that from here on out you will begin to be able to purchase anything you desire, its just a matter of making sure you have the time to use it before you buy it. And I'm realizing that at 24.

Whose playing tmrw? Barca vs Chelsea?

And Villa v Bolton!

panty

One yellow away from suspension:

mecRo.png

Worst case scenario.

Bayern wins and gets a handful of cards and goes to the final. Barca wins and goes to the final. Barca will blast through Bayern because half of the players are suspended.

At the end of the season Pardew will be the first manager since Bobby Robson in 03/04 to complete a full season as Newcastle manager.

Crazy.

Edt: Happy Birthday Arnie, get to Plug tonight and get a girl ;)

dc89

I don't follow German football, maybe I should, so could someone tell me how Boateng has done at Bayerns this season?

bud

... mancini congratulated ferguson with winning the league already? ugh.

i seriously hope city don't keep him as their manager for the next season.

and now off to barca to play on the wings and warm the bench!

if he does decide to leave and go to spain, he should totally go to madrid. that ozil & rvp partnership would be godly.

What other manager should City get? If anyone knows how to handle big players it's probably Mancini, could see City go completely to shit with a new manager and he has had the team constantly develop. His congratulations to United is probably just trying to get the pressure on them.

dc89

if he does decide to leave and go to spain, he should totally go to madrid. that ozil & rvp partnership would be godly.

You don't see what Mancini has done?

He said United won the league when City lost to Arsenal, the gap was 8 points. He's said United will win the league every time he's been asked since and now it's 3 points and if City beat United they will go top. Why change tactic now, it's worked.

Slizz

What other manager should City get? If anyone knows how to handle big players it's probably Mancini, could see City go completely to shit with a new manager and he has had the team constantly develop. His congratulations to United is probably just trying to get the pressure on them.

Ancelotti =P

Meier

He's been saying the same thing publicly for the past few weeks. May as well stick with what's working.

Do any Juventini like Giovinco anymore? His attitude is so shit that when he talks about Del Piero's #10 as intriguing I want to strangle him with Amauri's greasy hair.

I know Montolivo is no better than Aquilani (I would have kept Aquilani, personally) but it isn't as if there are a ton of registas out there. Poli is at Inter and everyone else is too young. I can't think of anyone else reliable enough in Serie A to fulfil that role. Maybe we just give Gabriel Appelt the chance next season? Can Buoy play in that role? Maybe Giandonato? I think in any case if we can't get Montolivo free then we need to consider our youth. Frankly, everything I've seen tells me Appelt, but I got a suspicion Giandonato can surprise us in that role.

bud

What other manager should City get? If anyone knows how to handle big players it's probably Mancini, could see City go completely to shit with a new manager and he has had the team constantly develop.His congratulations to United is probably just trying to get the pressure on them.

ferguson and mourinho know how to handle 'big' players, not mancini--he's proven that this season with balotelli and tevez. of course he's trying to put the pressure on them, but congratulating them on winning the title already is taking it a bit too far--his mind games are fucking cringeworthy. jesus. i feel embarrassed for living on the same planet as that guy.

and i honestly think that if city win the title this season, it'll be in spite of mancini not because of him.

Wilbur

Banned
Just found this:

6.37pm: Nathan Rhodes–Brandon auditions for the role of scriptwriter for Blackadder V: "Andy Carroll for £35 million?! The deal's madder than a box of frogs who have escaped, formed some kind of amphibian gang, started terrorising other pond life and some cygnets before starting a manic chase, knocking over pensioners before being sectioned and forced to lick lily-padded walls." In the Toon Newcastle are rushing around trying to buy a centre-forward. Andy Carroll's agents are saying it's been a tough decision for him, his wages are likely to go from £27k a week to £80k a week at Anfield. Just passing it on.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/31/transfer-window-deadline-day-live

Embarrassed for living on the same planet as Mancini? You make him sound like Brevik or something. :lol

Well good luck on getting Ferguson to City. Guess I should have added "that City can realistically get". Mourinho, maybe? His handling of Tevez if anything shows that he knows how to deal with them, in the end he showed that he was the boss of the club and Tevez was banished until he could come back and apologize, Tevez has shown before that he's generally a cunt and I would be surprised if he isn't history in City in the summer although I agree that even letting him back into the squad showed some lack of back bone, he has proved to be pretty important after returning though so maybe not the worst decision.

Don't find anything about his mind games particularly cringeworthy, gotta do whatever it takes, putting pressure off his own players and putting it on United sounds like a good idea. I just don't see who could do a better job in City at the moment.

Top Bottom