• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Erik Lamela suspended for three games after spitting at Stephan Lichtsteiner.

tumblr_m2x54sWeHy1r30r4xo7_250.gif

iJAT81RfbAbXR.gif

elsk

Banned
Pique's never been that great to begin with. He's always been reliant on Puyol to mend over his fuck ups.

He surely is better defender than Adriano. Barcelona has been losing when they use the 3-4-3 formation, I don't get why Guardiola is still insisting in using that.

edit: Buying Fabregas was a stupid mistake. They have a lot of good midfielders, didn't needed another one, they needed new defenders.

Blackhead

Redarse

Pique's never been that great to begin with. He's always been reliant on Puyol to mend over his fuck ups.

Pique is that good imo, I actually thought he was injured or something. He gets distracted really easy during games though (a recurring problem this season) and that would be fatal against Chelsea who seem to be clinical with their chances. I thought Mascherano was the safe choice, unless Pep wants to play all three...

Meier

Any of you guys tried the new GAF Mobile site? It's top, footballGAF never looked so good.

I've been using ckohler's mobile version of GAF since its inception more or less. Absolutely a must have. Switched over to the mockup for awhile.. glad the transition to "official" went so smoothly. Someone made a handy greasemonkey script which replicates the green highlighting of your own posts on the regular browser version. Really nice.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Zurich, Young Boys, Sion and Servette refused licence to compete in Swiss league next season for financial irregularities. While up here, the SPL are desperately trying to have members vote to change rules allowing Rangers to stay in the competition even if liquidated, 95m tax avoided and reformed as a new club. Says it all.

Kyoufu

Pique is that good imo, I actually thought he was injured or something. He gets distracted really easy during games though (a recurring problem this season) and that would be fatal against Chelsea who seem to be clinical with their chances. I thought Mascherano was the safe choice, unless Pep wants to play all three...

He broke up with Shakira I think, so he won't be distracted now.

Hixx

Too many Newcastle fans! Go Wigan this weekend lol.

seriously

and whats worse is because of their form its one big vomit inducing circle wank

im picturing them sat in a paddling pool spaffing all over each other and its NOT VERY FUCKING NICE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWkHN066egE&t=1m55s

This anti-competitive behavior vs. the smaller teams in regards to TV money & the fact that the Spanish gov. is about to write off some huge amounts in the clubs' tax debts really turns me off vs. Real & Barca.
So I guess I hope it'll come down to Bayern - Chelsea in the final.

It's funny beacuse Sevilla's (those fans are from Sevilla F.C) president was comdemned because of fraud and the team itself recieved more than €100M of players transfers to Real Madrid and Barça in the last years. They should ask were the fuck is all that money.

Also Real Madrid is the club with some of the most healthy economics in Spain and they along with Barça acorded to left any increment from TV payments to smaller teams, that is, Madrid and Barça would not receive more money than this year.

Most smaller teams fucked up their management, part of the problem itself comes from those teams presidents, you know how abysmal are ratings from teams other than Real Madrid and Barça? Is not those teams fault that smaller teams dosn't attract the attention.

So the situation is far from being right, but the problem itself is not as easy as point to Barça and Madrid and say they are the bad guys here.

Kyoufu

seriously

im picturing them sat in a paddling pool spaffing all over each other and its NOT VERY FUCKING NICE

Spit out my Del Monte lolly :lol

Speaking of form. Wtf happened to Sunderland's? You guys were beasting after MON took over.

He surely is better defender than Adriano. Barcelona has been losing when they use the 3-4-3 formation, I don't get why Guardiola is still insisting in using that.

edit: Buying Fabregas was a stupid mistake. They have a lot of good midfielders, didn't needed another one, they needed new defenders.

But he dosn't play in the same position.

Mascherano and Puyol have been excellent all the season and Pique screwed up a few times, so the only thing Barça is losing without Pique is that he has way more ability to play the ball and connect with the midfielders than Masche and Puyol.

seriously

Feels good man. Tommorow I will be venturing into Sunderland wearing my Newcastle shirt (over my hazmat suit of course), I love the looks of pure hate :D

LegoArmo

Zurich, Young Boys, Sion and Servette refused licence to compete in Swiss league next season for financial irregularities. While up here, the SPL are desperately trying to have members vote to change rules allowing Rangers to stay in the competition even if liquidated, 95m tax avoided and reformed as a new club. Says it all.

Piss take, isn't it.

Hixx

No need to panic buddy. Bendtner is all yours, you guys can keep him!!!! We don't mind. lol

Even if we wanted him he's on like £60k a week basic and apart from a few weeks either side of the derby his form has been utterly indifferent.

All the time. They tear the shirts from their victims and sleep with it around their necks like capes, rocking back and forth with bitter tears streaming down their kebab stained cheeks.

ibrvQn1MNa5W8x.gif

Does violence ever occur when someone does that?

Yep! But as long as you totally don't take the piss it isn't so bad.

For example, don't go into a food shop on the main street chanting 'We beat the scum 5-1' a couple of weeks after the derby haha. Although that was a fun night and well worth it :p

elsk

Banned
But he dosn't play in the same position.

Mascherano and Puyol have been excellent all the season and Pique screwed up a few times, so the only thing Barça is losing without Pique is that he has way more ability to play the ball and connect with the midfielders than Masche and Puyol.

Yes, but a defense line of Alves - Masche - Puyol - Adriano is way shittier than Alves - Masche - Pique - Puyol.

Lightning

Banned
Even if we wanted him he's on like £60k a week basic and apart from a few weeks either side of the derby his form has been utterly indifferent.
Yeah, our wage structure is a little inbalanced however Bendtner already knows that the door is shut at the Emirates for him, he is not welcome here so if he wants to play he needs to drop his damn wage demands. And yeah, Bendtner's form is VERY indifferent and unreliable. Over all he's pretty shit, you guys can do much better than him. He is okay as a back up but as the main player... not that good because too many games where he will miss sitters like he did last week.

LegoArmo

Yeah, our wage structure is a little inbalanced however Bendtner already knows that the door is shut at the Emirates for him, he is not welcome here so if he wants to play he needs to drop his damn wage demands. And yeah, Bendtner's form is VERY indifferent and unreliable. Over all he's pretty shit, you guys can do much better than him. He is okay as a back up but as the main player... not that good because too many games where he will miss sitters like he did last week.

I reckon he's better than Chamakh and Park, though.

Hixx

Maybe Liverpool will have him. He'd fit in well there.

Lightning

Banned
I reckon he's better than Chamakh and Park, though.
His disruptive personality makes him a pain in the ass. That's the reason the door is shut on him ever returning but yeah, our other back ups are shit as well.

Park I am undecided on as we hardly got the chance to see him play. Wenger never used him and it's hard to understand why. Even though his military service has been extended he doesn't get games, it is hard to understand.

Hixx

Ooooh, Spain and Brazil's Olympic teams will be playing at Ashley's Sports Direct Arena. Wonder if they bring decent squads, might be worth a trek up into the dark side.

Hixx, I'm sorry I passed out for the second half of our game on Saturday. I was so exhausted from hanging out in airports all night. Unfortunately it seems that I didn't miss anything.

Hixx

Hixx, I'm sorry I passed out for the second half of our game on Saturday. I was so exhausted from hanging out in airports all night. Unfortunately it seems that I didn't miss anything.

The game could still be going on and nowt would have happened

apart from ruling out legitimate goals :( and soft red cards

Thinking back it's a bloody good job we didn't need points! Anthony Taylor is a knacker.

Henderson and Downing feeding a Carroll and Bendtner partnership. The league will tremble.

So would everyone behind the goals D:

Blackhead

Redarse
defending isn't really the problem with barca. Their style of play is just so susceptible to counterattacks that even if they got the best defenders in the world (and I already think Puyol and Pique are within those ranks) they'd still be vulnerable. Barca will always give up one or two chances per game. They are supposed to score so many goals though that it wouldn't matter if the opposition takes their sole opportunity. Barca created some good chances against Chelsea and Madrid but Alexis, Cesc and Tello just didn't deliver. They've been relying too much on Messi for the goals; he has 63 while Alexis, Cesc, and Xavi have 15 (contrast with Madrid where Ronaldo 58 but Benzema has 30 and Higuain has 25). Making plays for Messi works fine against the minnows but he's facing much more close attention in the big games these days. When the supporting cast suddenly have to step up their games we find that they are a bit rusty. Another problem to consider is Messi is clogging up the middle of the pitch. One of the reasons Pep was looking forward to Fabregas was because he provided a different type of goal threat from Iniesta and Xavi. Cesc has a decent shot and can pepper goals from afar if the defense tries to sit deep. But with Messi running around the middle of the pitch there are usually three top defensive midfielders clogging up the lanes. Instead of tinkering with 3 defenders or 5 midfielders, Pep should be seriously considering sticking Messi back on the wing. Let him recreate his dynamic partnership with Alves and force defences to protect their flanks again. Then Alexis, Cesc and Xavi will have more space in the center of the pitch to work with.

that's the cue to Messi to remain in the center and score a hat trick tomorrow

He broke up with Shakira I think, so he won't be distracted now.
o_0 i heard they were getting married after the Euros!

dschalter

Fabregas is quite young and one of the best in the world and they got him for far below his true value, it was an excellent signing.

elsk

Banned
Fabregas is quite young and one of the best in the world and they got him for far below his true value, it was an excellent signing.

I think Thiago Alcántara is going to be better than Cesc. I'm not doubting Cesc quality but it was a stupid buy... Barcelona needed a new CB and a new full back.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't think buying prospects that came out of your youth system for far more than you sold him originally is good business sense.

Top Bottom