• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Feorax

At £5.5 million, if he doesn't live up to his potential, then it's just one of those things.

At £35 million, we have a problem...

Young Boys, FC Zürich, Xamax, Servette and Sion has had their license to play in the Swiss league taken away from them. Now I hope Silberbauer will come home to Copenhagen. But damn, that is a lot of teams they seem to force a relegation on.

Carbonox

Basically a poor man's Papis Cisse.

Our official website just has a member of New Kids on the Block in a Liverpool shirt. Hmm..

Everyone's a poor man's Cisse right now. :p

I doubt Liverpool would become worse with this new guy. They desperately needed a new striker. I wonder if they will go for another one or if that's it and they'll stick with Carroll, Suarez and Martinez.

Choc

Banned
Believe me when I say we will make it. I believe this for hundreds of reasons; these players will beat Chelsea. I know there's a wish for us not to make it, but let us believe we will. All our semifinals have been very tough and we know the first leg was disappointing, but we can't think about that. I know they will do it tomorrow because I know they can do it. They will play to win. I don't have any doubt we will be in Munich.

"I don't know if this is my greatest challenge as coach. I always face challenges with optimism because I have faith in this team and the players. Whenever we lose or draw it hurts for a few days, but with my faith and optimism I know we will do everything we can.

"We have to be careful, we know of Chelsea's qualities and we have to find the way to create chances and score goals. We have to think about the way we can get past them, that's the key; to see in what way we can score goals and avoid the dangers of Chelsea.

"It's impossible not to be excited about this match. The players are human beings and they want to play well and win all competitions. It's very easy to tell them not to be excited or nervous, not to lose balls, but we have to learn how to manage these situations and they know well enough how to manage these games," concluded Guardiola.

Feorax

I doubt Liverpool would become worse with this new guy. They desperately needed a new striker. I wonder if they will go for another one or if that's it and they'll stick with Carroll, Suarez and Martinez.

Aldo wants us to try for Higuain. Aldo is, at times, a very wise man...

We need 4 strikers to rotate effectively, but a new defensive mid should be next I reckon, then a new left winger.

Haha, you're right there.

If nothing else, we can look forward to scoring goals like this, but only after we're 3-0 down, of course.

Higuain would be lovely, but it'll never happen.

Clegg

Aldo wants us to try for Higuain. Aldo is, at times, a very wise man...

We need 4 strikers to rotate effectively, but a new defensive mid should be next I reckon, then a new left winger.

What could Liverpool offer Higuain that wouldn't get with Madrid?

Wilbur

Banned
Martin Skrtel deserves to be in the top 10 of any player of the year list. He's been phenomenal. If Lucas played the whole season he'd be up there too.

Actually Skrtel and Aggrr should have both been there, I didn't really think about Liverpool on account of their poor season. Suarez has been good in spells as well. Reina's been surprisingly poor this year

Hixx

City 2 years ago would have bought him. But now, we need to sell before we can buy. That's been made clear.

That's crap. If anyone has MS points spare I can't recommend the new Trials enough! it's awesomely addictive.

I just hurt my arm celebrating getting gold on a fucking medium track :( stupid water vents

GorillaJu

What could Liverpool offer Higuain that wouldn't get with Madrid?

The chance to be a central figure in the resurgence of one of the world's great clubs. I imagine that's how we'd sell it.

Suarez has been good in spells as well. Reina's been surprisingly poor this year

Suarez has put in a lot of good performances but you'll never win a player of the year award if you aren't scoring lots of goals as a striker. Reina has indeed been off this season. We just fired our goalkeeping coach, so hopefully it'll change for the better. Would be cool to have the guy back who coached under Rafa. Roy Hodgson fired him when he came in to bring in a useless fart (one of many).

GorillaJu

Dear EPL teams, please continue to ignore the German market....aka. leave Kagawa alone!

If Kagawa isn't being targeted by the big clubs it's because they don't think he'll be a good fit in the PL, or not worth the investment. Can pretty much guarantee you that "Germany?? wha?" isn't going to be a reason :p

Yeah, tbh, I think Lewandowski would be a better fit (he seems like he's built for EPL).
But Kagawa is just a great bargain with one year to go on his contract and the undervalued German market he could probably go for a low fee of 15m Euro and you'd be buying one of the currently biggest sports stars in Japan too = more marketing opportunities there.
Check out this jap. video of his last goal (3 days ago):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQnEHBA3SRY
...almost 500k views :O

I really hope he stays :(

WJD

Yeah, tbh, I think Lewandowski would be a better fit (he seems like he's built for EPL).
But Kagawa is just a great bargain with one year to go on his contract and the undervalued German market he could probably go for a low fee of 15m Euro and you'd be buying one of the currently biggest sports stars in Japan too = more marketing opportunities there.
Check out this jap. video of his last goal (3 days ago):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQnEHBA3SRY
...almost 500k views :O

I really hope he stays :(

Can't believe Real managed to snag the likes of Ozil and Sahin for such low prices. Bastards.

Carbonox

Can't believe Real managed to snag the likes of Ozil and Sahin for such low prices. Bastards.

Speaking of Ozil, WOW at his assist stats. Fucking incredible. If Wikipedia's stats are accurate then in 101 appearances for Real Madrid, he has scored or assisted in 61 goals. :O

Fucking love the guy.

GorillaJu

hah, I mean I love Kagawa. He was incredible during the Asian Cup - he always puts in a MOTM shift in the Samurai Blue, and his contributions for Dortmund have been immense, too.

I even have him as my "arena player" on Fifa 12.

I'm just saying, you can bet your ass that a player of his quality is under surveillance by every top club in the world. The fact that there's no news about a transfer for him means a few things:

1) he or Dortmund are quietly rejecting transfer requests
2) he or Dortmund are quietly negotiating on a transfer
3) he isn't seen as a sound investment for a PL club - there are only a few clubs that would utilize a player like Kagawa, and those that would use him, namely Arsenal, are not in the market for players that cost 20m+

I'd love it if he played in the PL... but if there is a god, it's not for United.

hah, I mean I love Kagawa. He was incredible during the Asian Cup - he always puts in a MOTM shift in the Samurai Blue, and his contributions for Dortmund have been immense, too.

I even have him as my "arena player" on Fifa 12.

I'm just saying, you can bet your ass that a player of his quality is under surveillance by every top club in the world. The fact that there's no news about a transfer for him means a few things:

1) he or Dortmund are quietly rejecting transfer requests
2) he or Dortmund are quietly negotiating on a transfer
3) he isn't seen as a sound investment for a PL club - there are only a few clubs that would utilize a player like Kagawa, and those that would use him, namely Arsenal, are not in the market for players that cost 20m+

I'd love it if he played in the PL... but if there is a god, it's not for United.
yeah, that is a sound assessment of the situation at hand. And it does seem like most EPL teams are playing classic 4-4-2 atm. While he's neither a winger, nor a central midfielder.
However there are indeed rumors of him being in talks with/considered at Utd. (sorry), Chelsea and there are some contacts to Italy (namely AC Milan).

What is interesting about German clubs is that most are reluctant to sell players who have 2-3 years outstanding in their contracts + the purchase options are not really that prevalent (or are set way too low to save wages). So most clubs release players for cheapz because the contracts are about expire (Özil) or the PO was set too low (Sahin).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm just going to say what everyone else is thinking: Cavani isn't fit to lace Amauri's boots.
fHpwk.jpg

VCzHH.jpg

kH9Gt.gif

How about Jorge Martinez? He's a Martinez, his name starts with a J. You won't know the difference.

1n8V7.jpg

12 million, Marotta..

TWELVE?

Slizz

Kagawa is awesome. I don't see why he couldn't work in the PL. He is almost the exact same size and build of Park(United one as I don't see any of the Arsenal one). Plus Kagawa is probably a little bit better with distribution of the ball than Park.

EDIT: Wtf has happened to the OT lately? The amount of terrible threads being started per week is constantly increasing..... I go to venture in just 2 seconds ago and the thread "Girth vs. Length" is at the top of the page...

EDIT: Wtf has happened to the OT lately? The amount of terrible threads being started per week is constantly increasing..... I go to venture in just 2 seconds ago and the thread "Girth vs. Length" is at the top of the page...

It had become a place where we talk exclusively about tv shows and dicks. That's why we were moved here, to make room for such quality.

Wilbur

Banned
Tag fishing all over the place. That guy with the Louis CK avatar is the worst offender.

Eh, he makes me laugh. It's like I don't get when people complain about Otrebor or whatever, it's some anonymous guy posting shit he finds funny and I liked it. Same reason I never hated Kermit haha, I don't know him so everything he said never had any effect. Worst thing for me is going into a thread and seeing a bunch of people worked up over people they don't know. Dick conversations are good in my book.

Top Bottom