• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

MPW

525804_10150702516177285_64755542284_9430412_633578156_n.jpg

Meier

if Tim Vickery likes him, he must be pretty good

It looks like he talked about him in his most recent blog as well as the one quoted in his Wiki entry:

Colombian striker Jackson Martinez, 25, who plays for Jaguares in Mexico, is being tipped for a big-money move to Europe this summer. What are your thoughts?
-Oliver Serrant

He's quick, sleek and uncomplicated. A thoroughly proficient front to goal finisher. My doubt is about his touch and overall approach play. He doesn't offer much else, so if he gets a move and he's not scoring early then confidence could slump.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2012/04/how_the_away_goals_rule_counts.html

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Schalke's bus apparently left Huntelaar behind in Augsburg. Police gave him a ride to the airport. He got there 10 minutes before flight back
KuGsj.gif

Facism

Gold Member
I'm going to miss the football tonight :< :< :< :< :<

Couldn't give a fuck about Madrid - Bayern, it was all about the Barca - Chelsea game this week for me.

Schalke's bus apparently left Huntelaar behind in Augsburg. Police gave him a ride to the airport. He got there 10 minutes before flight back http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif

That's the difference between Dortmund and Schalke.

Our bus forgot Gündogan after he scored the winning goal in the cup semi final but our bus came back and picked him up.

Schalke was probably happy that they didn't see Huntelaar's ugly face :D

Labadal

Schalke's bus apparently left Huntelaar behind in Augsburg. Police gave him a ride to the airport. He got there 10 minutes before flight back
KuGsj.gif

That pretty much confirms that he will be playing in another team next season. :p

I want to see a miracle Chelsea win. Expecting Barcelona to win 3-1.

Yen

Aquilani is a good player, but 14m was too much! We had too many holes to plug back then and decided to pass on him.

Juve got him on loan on the condition they sign him at the end of the season. Then they can't so they ask for him on the cheap. Goes on loan with a condition stating he can sign for a very low fee. AC refuse to pay. Bet they're get him for about £2.5m. Fuck sake.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve got him on loan on the condition they sign him at the end of the season. Then they can't so they ask for him on the cheap. Goes on loan with a condition stating he can sign for a very low fee. AC refuse to pay. Bet they're get him for about £2.5m. Fuck sake.

FWIW, I think we would've bought him for 6-8m. I don't know why Milan are refusing to pay? Seems like a low fee for a player of his quality.

It's not worth cashing in on him at this point, Liverpool should just keep him.

Az

I just read you guys comments in regards to how the OT changed in the past few weeks. Thanks god I agree with you guys I thought it was just me getting old... ;)

Oh and btw, Dzeko prefers PES over FIFA.

Messi

Oh I just bought the Euro-dlc without checking it here...well hope its still good...

I can't find a way to play my mates over live using the new teams/kits/stadiums. Is it not in there?

Edit: I can play the euro mode against randoms though

I think the call is obvious as to which game Neutrals to watch. Rich teams potentially getting richer, or a deeply historic English team fighting against getting relegated.

Easy decision for me.
both, duh

I can't find a way to play my mates over live using the new teams/kits/stadiums. Is it not in there?

Nope

elsk

Banned
Great Britain
Senegal
United Arab Emirates
Uruguay

Mexico
South Korea
Gabon
Switzerland

Brazil
Egypt
Belarus
New Zealand

Spain
Japan
Honduras
Morocco

Son of a bitch, we got the hardest group and we are looking to face Uruguay or the UK in the QFs. :(

Man, we always have to be in the same fucking group with Spain.

elsk

Banned
That's the difference between Dortmund and Schalke.

Our bus forgot Gündogan after he scored the winning goal in the cup semi final but our bus came back and picked him up.

Schalke was probably happy that they didn't see Huntelaar's ugly face :D

Man, I hope a surprise announcement: Huntelaar to Bayern!

I refuse to feel bad for Liverpool. We offered in the range of 10million, albeit yes we tried to get him cheaper than the original purchase option, and it was refused, only to have you guys offer him to Milan for much cheaper after nobody on the market would offer more. A bird in hand, my friend. And he's had a injury ridden campaign as well, so he isn't even worth the 10 anymore. If you'd take him for 8m, if I were Marotta I'd gladly take him off your books.

Top Bottom