• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Slizz

Well I'm on my current worst losing streak in FIFA 12 at 6.

So frustrating I want to shred my copy and light it on fire.

That being said I'm going to get Trials because of this thread and the losing streak.

EDIT: Thanks Messi.

Surprised at how large of a file Trials is, I'm excited. I only played the demo of the first one and enjoyed it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Man, I hope a surprise announcement: Huntelaar to Bayern!

You know what's funny/sad?

This guy benched him back in Milan

gDUD8.jpg

Yen

I refuse to feel bad for Liverpool. We offered in the range of 10million, albeit yes we tried to get him cheaper than the original purchase option, and it was refused, only to have you guys offer him to Milan for much cheaper after nobody on the market would offer more. A bird in hand, my friend. And he's had a injury ridden campaign as well, so he isn't even worth the 10 anymore. If you'd take him for 8m, if I were Marotta I'd gladly take him off your books.

If Juve reneged on the original offer to try and get him cheaper, no wonder Comolli said "fuck it"

Oxx

Are there any good Belorussian or New Zealander under-23 players I should be looking out for at the olympics?

Meier

This article in the MEN mentions the interesting parallels to the 1968 season when Man City last won the league. Hopefully history repeats itself!

United were top of the table when City travelled to Old Trafford in March of that year – winning 3-1 in a match Book says turned the title race. He hopes Monday’s encounter – with United leading by three points – will be the same.

“It’s all about momentum,” he said. “City have got the momentum at the moment after their recent results. If they beat United at home then it is in their hands. It makes all the difference. I remember us going to United in the season we won the title and we were a goal down early doors. We came back to win 3-1, went on from there and never looked back.

“I remember it was me who made a mistake early doors. I let the ball bounce and George Best stuck it away.

“We were in trouble but we came back and played some good stuff and went on to win. “It would be great to do it again. If we can win at our stadium then we could do it.”

In 1968, the Manchester rivals went into the final game of the season level on points, with City facing Newcastle at St James’ Park and United taking on Sunderland at home on the final day. City won, while United lost, handing the title to Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison. The north east clubs could have a say again more than four decades on.

Book added: “They’ve both got difficult games after the derby. City have got to go to Newcastle, who have been terrific this season. “United play Sunderland on the last game of the season, just like they did in ’68 – so hopefully that is a good omen.”

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...hester-city-legend-tony-book-here-we-go-again

GQman2121

Banned
Headed to the bar to watch the game now. I'll probably get loaded killing time before kickoff. I'm on edge after that horrible performance at the Emirates on Saturday.

That being said I'm going to get Trials because of this thread and the losing streak.

EDIT: Thanks Messi.

Surprised at how large of a file Trials is, I'm excited. I only played the demo of the first one and enjoyed it.

I know that feeling. I've been three points from promotion to Div2 three times in a row now with three games in hand each time only to get out scored 12-2 in each final push. It really makes sense how I will go from comfortably winning until I'm one game away and I suddenly collapse each time. I'm sick of playing Sweden and watching Zlatan score all his teams goals while my keeper doesn't make a safe and in the mean time I will out shoot and possess and not get a single goal.
So Trials?

Slizz

I know that feeling. I've been three points from promotion to Div2 three times in a row now with three games in hand each time only to get out scored 12-2 in each final push. It really makes sense how I will go from comfortably winning until I'm one game away and I suddenly collapse each time. I'm sick of playing Sweden and watching Zlatan score all his teams goals while my keeper doesn't make a safe and in the mean time I will out shoot and possess and not get a single goal.
So Trials?

I dunno yet. It's still downloading lol. Looks awesome though, you can dl a demo of the it too if you want to try it.

Ugh yeah that sucks. Even worse if you are having such a losing streak in offline multiplayer... Not that long ago I played against a friend and I think I lost like 10 games before giving up, usually I am slightly better than him but everything just went wrong that day and the fucker annoyed me more and more with his celebrations as his wins stacked up.

My prediction for Chelsea-Barca

Barca-2
Chelsea-1

Barca get two early and then Chelsea is sent through by a late goal.

Really, the dynamics of this match will all depend on who scores first. If Chelsea scores first, they are virtually assured of going through (Barca would have to score three unanswered) and they can just park the double-decker in front of goal.

From a neutral point of view, I think it would be much more exciting to see Barca get two goals to the good and then put the pressure on Chelsea to get one back.

sneaky77

So Trials?

Sounds like why I gave up Fifa a while ago lol..

yes Trials!!

dc89

Rumored Chelsea team for tonight;

Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Meireles, Mikel, Lampard; Ramires, Drogba, Mata

What do we think?

"Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has prepared a massive 10 million pound bonus pot for his players and staff at the club if they win the Champions League this season." He really fucking wants this.

Rumored Chelsea team for tonight;

Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Meireles, Mikel, Lampard; Ramires, Drogba, Mata

What do we think?

Not enough players capable of doing good counter attacks.

sneaky77

Bad news for us, Matigol got his medical clearance for Thursday... I am very worried about the match, Sporting has a lot of speed, and Capel played the best game I have ever see him play on the 1st leg..

WJD

Valdés, Puyol, Mascherano, Piqué; Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas; Sanchez, Messi, Cuenca

3 at the back again?

dc89

Barca team, confirmed:

Valdes; Puyol, Masch, Piqué; Xavi, Busquets, Inisesta, Fabregas; Cuenca, Messi, Sanchez

^^^ yes 3 at the back ^^^

Yen

Not enough players capable of doing good counter attacks.

I think we all know counter attacks will be vital but I don't think Chelsea have the pace for it, unlike Madrid. Chelsea's fastest player is probably Sturtidge and he can't be trusted to defend.

TeegsD

Bad news for us, Matigol got his medical clearance for Thursday... I am very worried about the match, Sporting has a lot of speed, and Capel played the best game I have ever see him play on the 1st leg..

Just saw that Mark Atkinson is reffing the game. I really hope he doesn't fuck up

Top Bottom