• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

?

Was Giovinco doing all the hard work, Okaka just came in and headed it in with no real pressure on him after Viviano saved it and the defense was lying around desperately trying to defend. Anyway, lets get them 3 points, with a victory I would feel relatively save of avoiding relegation.

Edit : lol Budan saying "always my fault. always my fault " to Mutti when getting subbed and then throwing water bottles around on the bench, really angry.

Moobabe

2 hrs til kickoff

Juuuuuuuuveeeeee

Kijda hope we don't score early. Don't want to give Cesena any ideas about playing attacking football. Mutu always scares me. Is Vincenzo playing? If he wasn't such an injury prone guy he could play a real role in our squad. Too bad really. He pulled some really spectacular stuff when he wasn't on the treatment table.

Who are you guys playing? I might tune in.

Also guys - I own NO XBLA games and I cba with gaming side today. Fez? There's a new Trials game? That's a bit like some biking stuff...

rififi

aDA3z.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Who are you guys playing? I might tune in.

Cesena's bus. Not recommended. :p

2 hrs til kickoff

Juuuuuuuuveeeeee

Kijda hope we don't score early. Don't want to give Cesena any ideas about playing attacking football. Mutu always scares me. Is Vincenzo playing? If he wasn't such an injury prone guy he could play a real role in our squad. Too bad really. He pulled some really spectacular stuff when he wasn't on the treatment table.

Both of them not included in Cesena's squad!

elseanio

Hi guys.

How's everyone.

I'm excited for tonight. Ronaldo to win it. Amen.

Agonisingly waiting for LFC to announce the cup final ballot results. I wish they could say 'results after 4PM' or something. Been checking my emails all fucking day.

Looking forward to tonight's game. Great watching these big games as a complete neutral.

Cesena's bus. Not recommended. :p

Both of them not included in Cesena's squad!

Giaccherini hat trick. Always bet on revenge goals. ;)

I hop Del Piero gets some playtime with Quagliarella. We're going to need to unlock that defense. Need as much offensive swagger as possible.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Caceres, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, De Ceglie, Matri, Vucinic.

Switched to a 3-5-2 because Pepe is injured!
Giaccherini hat trick. Always bet on revenge goals. ;)

I hop Del Piero gets some playtime with Quagliarella. We're going to need to unlock that defense. Need as much offensive swagger as possible.

Quag is suspended :(

Zabojnik

Borriello then :(

Actually I probably would start him over Matri. He was always good for Milan and Roma against the minnows. And with Capitano even he can score a goal.

Baby__funny_disgust1.jpg

I mean, I suppose you could count on the fact that he has to score sooner or later. But if Matri is ready ... bring on the Mitra!

Pressure raising.

Ramires and Ivan are huge blows and so is Terry seeing as this means there's only two central defenders then. Meireles not so much, really don't think he adds much and he loses the ball a lot (like yesterday).

Kyoufu

Ramires and Ivan are huge blows and so is Terry seeing as this means there's only two central defenders then. Meireles not so much, really don't think he adds much and he loses the ball a lot (like yesterday).

Is it bad that I can't remember Chelsea getting the ball aside from the 2 goals they scored?

Zabojnik

LOL

I don't think Matri and Vucinic are a good fit together. Given the high probability of a Vucinic start because of his amazing form, I think Borriello is actually the right choice. And, yes, he's due for a goal.

That's true, actually. Which is why I was hoping for a tridente today. Pepeeee! *angryfist*

sohois

Chelsea has a strong squad IMO. Losing Ramires is a blow but they still have a good team.

Chelsea has a team which managed to move from title competitors last season to 6th this season, indeed highly likely to miss out on the CL next season, all the while begin the biggest spenders of the previous transfer windows. They have a poor squad that is only getting worse, there is ultimately a big degree of luck to doing well in cup competitions which is why Chelsea have been able to reach 2 finals, same as Liverpool.

Rikkun

Guys, stop, it's gone, Cesena will reboot our year and we'll end the season behind Lecce.
Inter wins the Scudetto, Milan the CL.

It was fun and all, but let's be serious. Inter already won it.

Chelsea has a team which managed to move from title competitors last season to 6th this season, indeed highly likely to miss out on the CL next season, all the while begin the biggest spenders of the previous transfer windows. They have a poor squad that is only getting worse, there is ultimately a big degree of luck to doing well in cup competitions which is why Chelsea have been able to reach 2 finals, same as Liverpool.

Chelsea got a poor squad? Well definitely doesn't have a top premier league or champions league finale team at the moment. There need to be cleaned up, Kalou, Malouda, Bosingwa and either Mikel or Essien has to go. So yeah, things needs to change but I have no doubt that it won't get worse. Already have Kevin De Bruyne coming in, honestly not sure how good he's an attacking midfielder which we need and can also play left wing. Even got a proper replacement for Cech already for whenever he decides to leave, from everything I hear Courtois has been doing really well in Atletico Madrid.

So uhm, there's so much negatvity about Chelseas squads future but I honestly don't think it looks as bad as people makes it out to be, got quite a lot of young people around the squad that will only get better (Romeu, Mata, Sturridge) and has been bringing in lots of players in their mid 20's that has the quality and will stay for us for a while. Money has to be spent but the rebuilding has already begun fairly well.

Well, Matri and Vucinic. Ready to eat crow. FORZA JUUVEEEEEEEE.

Is Jorge Martinez injured? The fuck! Are we going to hyped even a fifth of our money back?

This is the strangest boner ever. Not used to penalties. Outside the box for sure though.

The pink with white shorts, black socks are amazing.

Edit: yeah karma for the missed penalty, oh well not deserved anyhow.

Top Bottom