• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
The six game runs in November and March where everything goes against you is the most sickening thing on FM

Wait, is this with every user? Never really noticed the in-game months, but I always noticed a slump at least two times a year, and it's not like I was slacking or anything.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Using rotations for the FA Cup always worked for me.

The atmosphere sounded great from Reals supporters today. But well, can't judge any of that shit through a tv shit really. Not sure what's sad about trying to get the fans up for more, you could have used it against us last season when we out-sang out at camp nou. ;)

I get it every fucking season. EVERY. FUCKING. SEASON. I go out of the FA Cup early and lose to the bottom teams. Makes me sick.

Haha well I don't play premier league a lot in FM. But yeah... Couldn't it just be that you play the same team over and over for the cups too?

Wilbur

Banned
Wait, is this with every user? Never really noticed the in-game months, but I always noticed a slump at least two times a year, and it's not like I was slacking or anything.

I play the same tactics every game, never change them, 65% possession plus every game. Twice a season I have a run where it's 50-50 and I'm letting in last minute goals and the whole match is in my half. Makes me fucking ill

Loool before the game yesterday

iLTkJ0MUMmkYM.jpg

I play the same tactics every game, never change them, 65% possession plus every game. Twice a season I have a run where it's 50-50 and I'm letting in last minute goals and the whole match is in my half. Makes me fucking ill

The SI guys claims that stuff is completely unscripted when people complain about it on their forums. In one game (08 i think) I was sure there was some scripting too but they kept denying it, nearly went into Mourinho UNICEF conspiracy mode there on their forum.

Wilbur

Banned
The SI guys claims that stuff is completely unscripted when people complain about it on their forums. In one game (08 i think) I was sure there was some scripting too but they kept denying it, nearly went into Mourinho UNICEF conspiracy mode there on their forum.

They're lying. It's that charity, the children one that pops up at the start. Wankers.

They're lying. It's that charity, the children one that pops up at the start. Wankers.

Man I hate it when I play the game, sit nervously and click and stuff on the screen... Then go to my browser and there's like 50 children play tabs open because you can click the banners.

I haven't been here enough to now what league you prefer, but let me take a guess:
1995–96 Manchester United
1996–97 Manchester United
1997–98 Arsenal
1998–99 Manchester United
1999–2000 Manchester United
2000–01 Manchester United
2001–02 Arsenal
2002–03 Manchester United
2003–04 Arsenal
2004–05 Chelsea
2005–06 Chelsea
2006–07 Manchester United
2007–08 Manchester United
2008–09 Manchester United
2009–10 Chelsea
2010–11 Manchester United

In that timespan 5 different teams have won the Primera Division. I'm not saying that it's not a 2 team league, but other leagues aren't that much better.

You couldn't just have gone one year further back could you :(

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Was there any meltdowns yesterday when Torres scored the equaliser?

keit4

Banned
For the record, in the same period in La Liga:

1995–96 At. Madrid
1996–97 Real Madrid
1997–98 Barcelona
1998–99 Barcelona
1999–2000 Deportivo de La Coruña :bow:
2000–01 Real Madrid
2001–02 Valencia CF
2002–03 Real Madrid
2003–04 Valencia CF
2004–05 Barcelona
2005–06 Barcelona
2006–07 Real Madrid
2007–08 Real Madrid
2008–09 Barcelona
2009–10 Barcelona
2010–11 Barcelona

Lightning

Banned
They're winning CL and we both know it. :(
They've got a chance, yeah.

But the question is whether or not they will throw their PL position now or whether or not they will go for 4th spot. They are going to look real stupid if they throw 4th spot and then lose the final. No CL next season if they do that.

Wilbur

Banned
world class! by both of them

thanks man, was a hell of a night! i'm still all pumped up. 1:21 am here in germany. normally i'm already in the bed but right now i'm just stoked for the final.

Be honest, how many times have you masturbated since the final whistle? I have twice, and I don't even give a shit

Kyoufu

They've got a chance, yeah.

But the question is whether or not they will throw their PL position now or whether or not they will go for 4th spot. They are going to look real stupid if they throw 4th spot and then lose the final. No CL next season if they do that.

One of their directors said they've got big PL games coming up so I take it they're going to put in effort there too.

Really hope we beat them on their turf...

Lightning

Banned
One of their directors said they've got big PL games coming up so I take it they're going to put in effort there too.

Really hope we beat them on their turf...
Actually I'm hoping they put their effort in so they can kick your ass at Stamford Bridge making our job of securing 3rd spot easier. lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
fuck being classy, we are not public figures. you get trolled when you are defeated, you troll back when your rival is defeated.

would be boring otherwise, of course as long as the trolling is respectful I see nothing wrong with trolling in sports thread.

Kyoufu

Actually I'm hoping they put their effort in so they can kick your ass there making our job of securing 3rd spot easier. lol

Would be funny if Arsenal/Tottenham were denied CL spots. Considering nobody expected Newcastle to get one it wouldn't be as funny to see us in Europa instead.

Messi

fuck being classy, we are not public figures. you get trolled when you are defeated, you troll back when your rival is defeated.

would be boring otherwise, of course as long as the trolling is respectful I see nothing wrong with trolling in sports thread.

I don't troll.

Lightning

Banned
I'm sure you will be laughing after you take 3rd. We have the toughest games left. Ugh.

This is some Unicef fixture shit.
To be honest though. I don't want Chelsea in the CL next year, even if we finish 3rd. I hate Chelsea... Anyone but Chelsea.

And Barca fans can enjoy being sad. Your side has caused this misery of Chelsea possibly winning the CL on us. So may your sadness last a while, at least until Bayern kicks Chelsea's ass. lol

Scum

Just got back in from work, as usual. Don't care what anyone says. Don't give a toss as to whether Bayern or R. Madrid deserved whatever - penalties is the work of the devil and it's an absolutely cruel way to go out of a tournament to. :-(

Congratulations to BayernGAF. Commiserations to MadridGAF.

Top Bottom