• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

MPW

List of the teams who have won the Champions League

Maybe Chelsea will add to it this year.
2011 FC Barcelona
2010 Inter Inter
2009 FC Barcelona
2008 Manchester United
2007 AC Milan
2006 FC Barcelona
2005 Liverpool FC
2004 FC Porto
2003 AC Milan
2002 Real Madrid
2001 Bayern München
2000 Real Madrid
1999 Manchester United
1998 Real Madrid

1997 Borussia Dortmund
1996 Juventus
1995 AFC Ajax
1994 AC Milan
1993 Olympique Marseille
1992 FC Barcelona
1991 Crvena Zvezda
1990 AC Milan
1989 AC Milan
1988 PSV Eindhoven
1987 FC Porto
1986 Steaua Bucureşti
1985 Juventus
1984 Liverpool FC
1983 Hamburger SV
1982 Aston Villa

And yes I took it back to 1982 to cheer myself up.

the glory days ... i wish i had a time machine

Hyuga

Banned
No, that second-hand support is totally fine by me. I'm talking about the Germans really (some of whom I've seen in Germany-related topics).

This "event fandom" is really prominent among Bayern supporters. They turn up for the big games, but can't even name half of their squad or are interested in day-to-day league games.

No, but your laughable "ultras" could do more "cheering rules" for players who transfer to Bayern (like for that same Neuer). Your whole stadium is dead quite most of the time and likes to turn on its own team and your away game support is basically just those "event fans" from different areas of Germany except for when it's the big games than your "bohemian" ultras might take the travel like today to Bernabeu.

What a piece of shit post!
But hey, it's the same shit all these Bayern haters and retarded Dortmund fans are saying.
Bayern fans couldn't care less! We're winning and laughing!
Funny fact: After ten years, a different team wins the german championship two times in a row and their fans act like world champions. Funny and hilarious at the same time.
Keep up the "good fight"!

FootballFan

So do we know if Barca have much money to spend in the summer? Can they even afford RVP?

Hope not! Villa is good enough, not his or Barcas fault his leg broke lol.

Lb, Cb and maybe a winger is all that is needed. (plus changing back to 4-3-3...and keeping Guardiola)

Kyoufu

Hope not! Villa is good enough, not his or Barcas fault his leg broke lol.

Lb, Cb and maybe a winger is all that is needed. (plus changing back to 4-3-3...and keeping Guardiola)

Next month or two will be tense. Fans want Guardiola to stay, but does the Chairman? Does Pep? Time will tell.

Lightning

Banned
This transfer windo is going to be a wind up, I can tell. The RVP rumours are going to irritate me and Walcott along with Song still haven't extended their contracts either.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What a piece of shit post!
But they, it's the same shit all these Bayern haters and retarded Dortmund fans are saying.
Bayern fans couldn't care less! We're winning and laughing!
Funny fact: After ten years, a different team wins the german championship two times in a row and their fans act like world champions. Funny and hilarious at the same time.
Keep up the "good fight"!
I thought Hyuga played for Juventus. Actually, wasn't Benji the one who went to Germany?

Choc

Banned
I don't think FIFA would allow EA to show that refs make mistakes.

But refs in FIFA do make mistakes......

Offside is horrendous sometimes and some ridiculous red cards. They have done very wells with the advantage system but the refs need work. They are a lot better than pes refs

Kyoufu

Offside is horrendous sometimes and some ridiculous red cards. They have done very wells with the advantage system but the refs need work. They are a lot better than pes refs

Thought you were talking about real life. :lol

rififi

I think the sucky part for Madrid is that the players put so much emphasis in the CL being what they really hoped for and now the league looks like sloppy seconds

This is how I feel, it's been more than 10 years since Madrid has won the CL, let alone seen a final.

About trolling after Barca looses, I think part of it isn't just the rivalry, it's also because Barca has dominated La Liga and Madrid for the past several years and winning 2 CL titles in the process. I never felt the same way during Rijkaard's years or before that. I don't really know why exactly it's changed so much for me within the past few years. Don't know if others feel the same way.

Anyways, again congrats to Bayern, fantastic semi-finals, wish them the best of luck.

Still sad, and I have a feeling that Madrid's morale and fitness will be extremely low against Sevilla on Sunday, but hopefully they won't throw away La Liga.

Edit: look at that, I am no longer a Junior; sadly this has been the highlight of my day :(

Choc

Banned
What FIFA does not allow and this is why pes probably won't get an official FIFA license ever is a button to dive

Not sure if 2012 has it but older pes games did. It was lol

They seemed to become really bad with this impact engine. But yeah they make mistakes, most of the time it seems like bugs/bad AI though rather than it being implemented like it is in FM. It's weird, like when Gran Turismo wanted to have damage in the game and all the car license holders got all bitchy about it.

Carbonox

They seemed to become really bad with this impact engine. But yeah they make mistakes, most of the time it seems like bugs/bad AI though rather than it being implemented like it is in FM.

And they have the most irritating faces ever. Especially the ginger ref with a baby face. Every time he shows me a card or calls a free-kick for legit tackles, I want to reach in and destroy him. :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Golazo de Oribe Peralta. :O

Santos 2 Monterrey 0, 2-2 agg. Right now this is going to extra time.

edit: Hércules Gómez in for Ludueña, USAGAF fans.

Go Pepe :p

Bonus pic:

529688_403933886294627_387063824648300_1293116_1350847392_n.jpg

Borriello is quite the handsome man.

Dibbz

This transfer windo is going to be a wind up, I can tell. The RVP rumours are going to irritate me and Walcott along with Song still haven't extended their contracts either.

Hopefully they will all be convinced to sign new contracts or else this man will break them

ournewplayer_277992.jpg

EDIT: Walcott, not so much unless he learns to play good for more than 1/4 of a season

sneaky77

That was a great game, unlike yesterdays, I hope Munich wins it all. That pk shootout was really weird lol.

I think Bayer deserved it, I was a little shocked how little ambition Madrid showed in the second half.

good thing that Atletico Madrid vs Valencia is both spanish teams so at least 1 spanish team will make a final, and although I am already freaking out over tomorrow I hope my athletic club will make it too.

Lightning

Banned
Walcott, not so much unless he learns to play good for more than 1/4 of a season
I was about to respond saying that. Wont be shedding too many tears at Walcotts departure. Way to inconsistent for my liking.

Hopefully Wenger gets rid of the dead wood. I get the feeling he knows who they are as well.

Dibbz

I was about to respond saying that. Wont be shedding too many tears at Walcotts departure. Way to inconsistent for my liking.

Hopefully Wenger gets rid of the dead wood. I get the feeling he knows who they are as well.

Errrrrrrrrrr I heard denilson is on his way back. Mind you this was twitter.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
And Monterrey loses the match, but wins the tournament and goes to the Club World Cup. Their coach is a lucky motherfucker: he has been in twelve finals and he has won twelve.

Lightning

Banned
Errrrrrrrrrr I heard denilson is on his way back. Mind you this was twitter.
Yeah, I've read that as well but I get the feeling that's because Wenger wants a sale not a loan. Denilson comes off contract soon and on loan we will lose him for nothing where as we can sell him at a reduced fee and at least get something back.

The same will apply to Carlos Vela who will be sold.

defel

Next month or two will be tense. Fans want Guardiola to stay, but does the Chairman? Does Pep? Time will tell.

Considering that Guardiola has pretty much been at the top of his game over the last few years I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted a break to recharge and get re-motivated. I dont know what type of personality he is though, there are managers out there who remain just as motivated and competitive season after season
Ferguson to name one
. If he stays then I think Barca need to to ensure they have another 25-30 goals per season player in the team to help Messi out and bring a bit more depth to their defense.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I just heard on the radio that the English FA had offered Guardiola the manager position for England after the Euros. How likely is that story?

rodvik

I just heard on the radio that the English FA had offered Guardiola the manager position for England after the Euros. How likely is that story?

Well it would be the smart move. Given this is the English FA its obviously false.

They will give it to Arry who will lead us to inevitable failure in the next world cup.

Guardiola would be fantastic though. The sight if the England job destroying the reputation of a world class manager of his ability would be a lot of fun :)

Walcott wouldn't have been anyway near the Arsenal sides of the last few years. The fact that he is now an established first XI player says a lot. I cant see any other great manager offering Theo a contract extension

It is indicative of the shallow intellect of this FA. Are they expecting him to turn Scott Parker into an Iniesta or something? Guardiola worked with a different type of player at the Camp Nou. Why risk ruining his reputation wasting his time with the English national side? The only reason they'd want him is the hope he could replicate what he did at Barcelona and there's more chance of Natalie Portman and I making babies than that

So for this rumour, I rate it 3/10 for making any sense therefore it is most certainly likely to be true

Fernando Torres after Tuesday's game:

"This is football. The best doesn’t always win. You can’t play beautifully against Barça, they’re the best team in the world. This is our way of playing. It’s not the nicest way but this is what we can offer. Barça must be proud of their style. This is not the end of an era for Barcelona. This team can continue to win for 15 more years. For me, they are the best"

"This is football. The best doesn’t always win. You can’t play beautifully against Barça, they’re the best team in the world. This is our way of playing. It’s not the nicest way but this is what we can offer. Barça must be proud of their style. This is not the end of an era for Barcelona. This team can continue to win for 15 more years. For me, they are the best"
You still don't understand what we were arguing with you for.

Torres: Please buy me Barca!

xintin

I read an article earlier saying Di Matteo would be in consideration to take over Spurs if (when) 'Arry leaves. I hope he stays at Chelsea but we all know Roman is insane. How would you Spurs fans feel about that?

GorillaJu

Just notices that Miyaichi Ryo has "Ryo" on his kit.

This isn't some "Japanese people have names reversed" thing. He just wants to be like a Barça player. Only one Japanese footballer is known by his first name - Nakamura Shunsuke, and he still has "Nakamura" on his kit, like he should. It's not like Ryo is any easier to say than Miyaichi. Correctly pronouncing an initial Japanese "r" is the hardest point for English speakers, make it "Ryo" and it's even harder. Miyaichi is far easier (it's simply meeya-eechi).

Shit drives me batty. Use your god damn family name you kids!!

Just notices that Miyaichi Ryo has "Ryo" on his kit.

This isn't some "Japanese people have names reversed" thing. He just wants to be like a Barça player. Only one Japanese footballer is known by his first name - Nakamura Shunsuke, and he still has "Nakamura" on his kit, like he should. It's not like Ryo is any easier to say than Miyaichi. Correctly pronouncing an initial Japanese "r" is the hardest point for English speakers, make it "Ryo" and it's even harder. Miyaichi is far easier (it's simply meeya-eechi).

Shit drives me batty. Use your god damn family name you kids!!

To be honest I like the variety. First, surname or nickname; all good.

Top Bottom