• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Scum

Man, summer transfer rumours and whatnot is going to be amazing this year. PSG, R. Madrid, Barca and Man City will be looking to stregthen. Goddamn! :O

Noirulus

It's incredible to look back and think about how many people completely wrote off Chelsea in their semi's or how confident everyone was that Madrid would take the second leg at the Bernabeu.

Football really is an amazing sport. I'm very happy to have witnessed great matches yesterday and today. Congrats and good luck to Chelsea and Bayern fans!

I think i'm going to order Pizza with my buddy and marathon Game of Thrones tonight (in preparation for the second season for which I made a pact with my friend that we won't start it up til CL semis end).

I feel devastated for Mourinho and Iker. Hope we come back even better next year.

Blablurn

okay, one more picture

28-0.jpg

Noirulus

terrible players like Kedhira and Arbeloa need to go if we aspire to have a shot at anything next year

I've been saying all along that I think Khedira doesn't deserve a spot on our squad. Yes, he plays good defense, but his passing is very average for a midfielder.

K1LLER7

Wouldn't mind getting Kaka at United, Don't see anyone paying more than ~13m, for a 30 year old in poor form. Madrid should sell Sahin too, so he actually gets a game :p

Scum

Like I said yesterday, I really hope Pep signs and Mou stays. They deserve the chance to sort out their squad for next season. Should be fun.
BTW, we need to make FootieGAF prepares their very own possible transfers for the summer transfer window. :D

Clegg

Wouldn't mind getting Kaka at United, Don't see anyone paying more than ~13m, for a 30 year old in poor form. Madrid should sell Sahin too, so he actually gets a game :p

Just read that Hazard has scored 104 goals in 148 games. Not bad.

Those Hazard stats aren't right.

FootballFan

How can people feel bad for Mou? Have you guys even seen how he acts when he wins.. :S

Probably cause I am a Barca supporter but no way does Mou deserve any sympathy. Better luck next year Madrid. Penalties are a shit way to be eliminated but oh well.

It is like feeling sorry for Alves or Pepe missing a crucial penalty, no way.

Carbonox

Just read that Hazard has scored 104 goals in 148 games. Not bad.

Huh? In his last 3 seasons he's only scored 40 and that's in 140+ games.

feel

How can people feel bad for Mou? Have you guys even seen how he acts when he wins.. :S

Probably cause I am a Barca supporter but no way does Mou deserve any sympathy. Better luck next year Madrid. Penalties are a shit way to be eliminated but oh well.

Wow that's just ignorance..

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Players like Lahm and Schweinsteiger deserve to win a CL. I don't feel bad for Mourinho, he has already won the competition.

Rikkun

I'm a Juventus supporter and I was rooting for Madrid today. I wanted him on our bench way before Moratti.

Anyway GG BayernGAF, enjoy your finals because next year you'll be the one at home watching us D:

rodvik

List of the teams who have won the Champions League

Maybe Chelsea will add to it this year.
2011 FC Barcelona
2010 Inter Inter
2009 FC Barcelona
2008 Manchester United
2007 AC Milan
2006 FC Barcelona
2005 Liverpool FC
2004 FC Porto
2003 AC Milan
2002 Real Madrid
2001 Bayern München
2000 Real Madrid
1999 Manchester United
1998 Real Madrid
1997 Borussia Dortmund
1996 Juventus
1995 AFC Ajax
1994 AC Milan
1993 Olympique Marseille
1992 FC Barcelona
1991 Crvena Zvezda
1990 AC Milan
1989 AC Milan
1988 PSV Eindhoven
1987 FC Porto
1986 Steaua Bucureşti
1985 Juventus
1984 Liverpool FC
1983 Hamburger SV
1982 Aston Villa

And yes I took it back to 1982 to cheer myself up.

Carbonox

It was so bad, weird and cheesy. Kind of loved it haha, shame the game itself looks like shit.

Game looks like shit? :lol If you don't like the genre then fair enough but the game will be anything but shit with the pedigree behind it.

List of the teams who have won the Champions League

Maybe Chelsea will add to it this year.
2011 FC Barcelona
2010 Inter Inter
2009 FC Barcelona
2008 Manchester United
2007 AC Milan
2006 FC Barcelona
2005 Liverpool FC
2004 FC Porto
2003 AC Milan
2002 Real Madrid
2001 Bayern München
2000 Real Madrid
1999 Manchester United
1998 Real Madrid
1997 Borussia Dortmund
1996 Juventus
1995 AFC Ajax
1994 AC Milan
1993 Olympique Marseille
1992 FC Barcelona
1991 Crvena Zvezda
1990 AC Milan
1989 AC Milan
1988 PSV Eindhoven
1987 FC Porto
1986 Steaua Bucureşti
1985 Juventus
1984 Liverpool FC
1983 Hamburger SV
1982 Aston Villa

And yes I took it back to 1982 to cheer myself up.

European football must have been terrible back in 1982, for Villa to win the Champion's League.

Rikkun

Game looks like shit? :lol If you don't like the genre then fair enough but the game will be anything but shit with the pedigree behind it.

European football must have been terrible back in 1982, for Villa to win the Champion's League.

Old format & not-so-much money driven I guess.

Hell, even Inter won it!

Carbonox

Haha yeah the genre is probably the problem with me. But I hate Raiden on top of it all.

I wasn't a Raiden fan either during my first run through Metal Gear Solid 2. I guess over time I warmed up to him, especially thanks to his back story and change in to a cyborg in Metal Gear Solid 4. Really like him now and he should be all the more appealing in Rising.

It was. Newcastle was in league two that year right? 8)

See, something certainly wasn't right during those times! :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Santos being super wasteful. Don't know why Galindo didn't field Hércules Gómez today, his finishing is way better than Peralta's and the latter simply has been a non-factor.

Fantomex

I think the sucky part for Madrid is that the players put so much emphasis in the CL being what they really hoped for and now the league looks like sloppy seconds

Bayern Munich and Real Madrid have played 13 times in the Champions League, the most out of any fixture.

There was a time 15 years when the UCL would've alternated between Real and Bayern for 5 straight seasons.

But Sheringham had to muck it up.

Great respect between the 2 sides.

Top Bottom