• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

bud

guardiola would have to buy an entire squad of players if he'd want to succeed at chelsea--there's no way his playing style would fit their current squad. i would love to see him at arsenal on day, though, if he ever does end up working in the premier league.

Kyoufu

guardiola would have to buy an entire squad of players if he'd want to succeed at chelsea--there's no way his playing style would fit their current squad. i would love to see him at arsenal on day, though, if he ever does end up working in the premier league.

Newcelona or bust.

LegoArmo

ArZmx_WCQAEk4q-.jpg

Sexy.

Carbonox

If Guardiola takes over at Chelsea, I can't help but fear that it would be another bad choice for the club and he will bomb at some point during next season due to being a bad fit and for the reasons above (no Barca players).

Also, I wonder if Guardiola will try and pinch any of the Barca players for Chelsea. If so, who would be most likely to join him?

Choc

Banned
the scottish league is a joke now

absolute joke because rangers will be rooted for years to come it looks like

1 team league, lulz

Choc

Banned
If Guardiola takes over at Chelsea, I can't help but fear that it would be another bad choice for the club and he will bomb at some point during next season due to being a bad fit and for the reasons above (no Barca players).

Also, I wonder if Guardiola will try and pinch any of the Barca players for Chelsea. If so, who would be most likely to join him?

well chelsea could afford the 250 million buy out of messi :p

i dont think they would do it though

Don't worry about it. There's not a snowballs chance Pep is coming to Chelsea.

the scottish league is a joke now

absolute joke because rangers will be rooted for years to come it looks like

1 team league, lulz

Yeah, I guess they'll have Celtic always winning, but then it does allow Hibs and Hearts a chance to regain the 'success' they had back in the 80s before Rangers reemerged under Souness. Dundee and Motherwell could take advantage too. Hell anyone could.

Carbonox

I think I want Chelsea to win in the final.

And deny Newcastle a Champion's League place unless we finish 3rd? Especially given that to ensure we finish at least 4th, we will try and beat Man City which will in turn pretty much give you the Premier League title?

Now now Viva, re-think your stance.

And deny Newcastle a Champion's League place unless we finish 3rd? Especially given that to ensure we finish at least 4th, we will try and beat Man City which will in turn pretty much give you the Premier League title?

Now now Viva, re-think your stance.
Isn't it possible you can finish 3rd and condemn Arsenal to that fate?

I would if it wasn't for cunts I know in real life never letting me hear the end of it. I would have loved Madrid to win, but Bayern are cool I guess
I didn't mind who won it, as long as it wasn't Barca. I wanted Ronaldo to win it but that's gone. I'll be really happy for both Bayern and Chelsea whoever wins it, normally I'd want Bayern to go do it but for some reason I almost want Chelsea to do it. It'd be an incredible story and it would piss so many people the lol's would be incredible.

GorillaJu

I want Chelsea to win because I think if they win, Roman will give Di Matteo another half a season before he gets sacked and the club goes further into disarray and disjointedness.

Also, they beat Barça, which means they've already "won" in a sense that they beat the best team. It would be a shame for such hard work to not lead to a victory.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7705546/Newcastle-honour-Robson

Newcastle United are to honour former manager Sir Bobby Robson with a statue at St James' Park that will be unveiled on 6th May.

Awesome. Still saddens me that he left Newcastle. A fantastic manager and man.

Well deserved, will have to try to pop over to see it when it's unveiled.

This reminds me actaully; never mentioned it in here, I work at the Galpharm stadium when I'm back at home (Huddersfield Town) and we did a lunch over easter where Kevin Keegan was in attendance doing some sort of presentation. Didn't get to meet him properly myself (staff can't ask for autographs, etc. from players/well known guests) but he seemed like a sound guy irl. Legend.

Wilbur

Banned
You're taking your stand because of what cunts might think? Wilbury...

Haha one of my best mates is a Chelsea fan and if they win he'll never ever shut the fuck up, he's the most relentlessly annoying fan in the world. When Torres scored, without irony he sang 'he scores when he wants'

If Chelsea lose, I get to see him rage about Germans and what have you. Much more fun.

Wilbur

Banned
Also I got Bobby Robson's autograph when he managed there a while back; we went to see them play an early Champions League or UEFA Cup match (can't remember) and we were hanging around outside and he came out and walked round the side of his car signing autographs, signed a programme which I think I gave to my grandad

TalkSport are saying Chelsea are appealing the decision that Terry cannot lift the Cup should Chelsea win.

What a soldier John Terry is, he knows his team-mates will be knackered so he wants to be the man who bears the burden of lifting that massive trophy.

JT truly is a one off. An ego like no other.

Carbonox

TalkSport are saying Chelsea are appealing the decision that Terry cannot lift the Cup should Chelsea win.

What a soldier John Terry is, he knows his team-mates will be knackered so he wants to be the man who bears the burden of lifting that massive trophy.

JT truly is a one off. An ego like no other.

If the appeal is successful, it will be such a sham. That prick shouldn't lift anything but the TV remote for when he's watching the game at a hotel with his mistress.

FootballFan

If pep goes to Chelsea I would feel like he spat in barcas face

I wouldn't, he has done nothing but great things for this club and I would wish him all the best. I want him to sign an extension as much as the next guy but if he wants to leave he should definitely be allowed to go freely, at least give him that much.

One of the things I was most disappointed with after the Chelsea game was people calling for him to be fired/sacked. I mean, really? REALLY? Sack our most successful coach of all time and get who to replace him? Call Rijkaard again? lol

If he does go to Chelsea(which I really doubt) I hope he doesn't convince the likes or Messi, Xavi or Iniesta to follow.

Haha one of my best mates is a Chelsea fan and if they win he'll never ever shut the fuck up, he's the most relentlessly annoying fan in the world. When Torres scored, without irony he sang 'he scores when he wants'

If Chelsea lose, I get to see him rage about Germans and what have you. Much more fun.
I lol'd

No way are Xavi, Iniesta or Messi leaving Barca. They are bound to that club by far more than Pep.

Would not be surprised at all if Pep left. I don't think he'd take a job though, think he'll just take a break for a year if he doesn't sign on with Barca.

Messi

I wouldn't, he has done nothing but great things for this club and I would wish him all the best. I want him to sign an extension as much as the next guy but if he wants to leave he should definitely be allowed to go freely, at least give him that much.

One of the things I was most disappointed with after the Chelsea game was people calling for him to be fired/sacked. I mean, really? REALLY? Sack our most successful coach of all time and get who to replace him? Call Rijkaard again? lol

If he does go to Chelsea(which I really doubt) I hope he doesn't convince the likes or Messi, Xavi or Iniesta to follow.

I don't want him fired, I want him for years to come. I also think the triforce has a bigger love for the club than they do of guardiola (not saying they don't love him though)

Top Bottom