• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

sneaky77

579011_448042698545760_141973839152649_1950805_1418744835_n.jpg

just look at that swag

like a boss

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Opta Sports ‏ @OptaJoe Close
4 - Liverpool would be 4th if all shots that hit the woodwork were counted as goals. If."

Damnit
"Opta Yurt @Allegri
1 - Juventus would still be in first place even after counting Muntari's ghost goal. If."

Don't be so pessimistic! 4 games to go, we only need to win 3 of those. I figure we can probably get by with 2 wins and a draw as I think Milan is going to drop points against one of Sienna or Inter, probably Sienna to be honest. And our squad is back to full health with Quagliarella back as well.

Only really worried about the Cagliari game. Could be a dangerous drip as they're a good squad, and relegation threatened.

I'm slightly worried about our yellow cards situation. Vidal, Marchisio and Barzagli are all one yellow away from suspension!

Don't worry about our Cagliari game, Zabojnik is going to be there in person.

GorillaJu

I've seen more and more people wear MC Hammer sweat pants and even chinos with that massive sag in the middle. D:

It's called "dropped crotch." It's not really MC hammer pants which are more akin to baggy pegged jeans (saw a resurgence a few years ago but has disappeared again just as fast)

It started in high fashion about 4 years ago and is just now making it into the mainstream. It's a continuation of the only significant design initiative in men's fashion for the past decade (Hedi Slimane's Dior Homme).

Balotelli looks to be head to toe in Rick Owens - one of the major designers in the "heavy" movement (cynically dubbed "goth ninja"). That leather jacket is definitely Rick.

You'll probably see it continue for another two years or so. Unfortunately is coming alongside designer sweatpants too. =\

It's called "dropped crotch." It's not really MC hammer pants which are more akin to baggy pegged jeans (saw a resurgence a few years ago but has disappeared again just as fast)

It started in high fashion about 4 years ago and is just now making it into the mainstream. It's a continuation of the only significant design initiative in men's fashion for the past decade (Hedi Slimane's Dior Homme).

Balotelli looks to be head to toe in Rick Owens - one of the major designers in the "heavy" movement (cynically dubbed "goth ninja"). That leather jacket is definitely Rick.

You'll probably see it continue for another two years or so. Unfortunately is coming alongside designer sweatpants too. =\

O_O How do you know that? (not meant as an insult, just curious)

Noirulus

I think i'm over yesterday's loss now. Thinking of what positions Madrid can upgrade at...

I think buying Coentrao was a huge mistake. At the price we got him for, I mean. 30M Euros he is not worth.

Out: Kaka, Lass, Carvalho, Khedira (questionable, but we could use a much more play-making oriented mid-fielder than him), Altintop.

Start Varane and Pepe at CB, move Ramos to RB, and obviously Marcelo/Coentrao at LB.

We need a mid-fielder that can complement Xabi Alonso. I hope they try out Sahin/Alonso and see how they play off each other. Still need a backup CB/MF though, I wonder who's on the market that'll help out the squad...

What makes me so mad is that coming into the 2011/2012 season, our squad had the best depth in europe, and by the end all that depth went down the shitter as the bench players under-performed which resulted in us losing our best quality.

keit4

Banned
Spanish media is saying that Guardiola will leave Barça at the end of the season. If this comes true, i can see him in the EPL (Manchester City is a good option). The big question is "who is gonna take his place?", i bet for Bielsa or AVB.

Zabojnik

"Opta Yurt @Allegri
I'm slightly worried about our yellow cards situation. Vidal, Marchisio and Barzagli are all one yellow away from suspension!

Yeah, me too. And we'll be playing the next three games every 3-4 days. Conte must rotate at least some of our players or we're toast. Pepe's back, Giaccherini's ready and even Borriello might be of some use after all. We'll be playing against Novara at 3pm, which could be another factor. Heat and all that. Cloudy / rainy weather is expected, but you can never be too sure.

Don't worry about our Cagliari game, Zabojnik is going to be there in person.

That's right and I have an excellent track record when it comes to attending Juve's home and away matches. My lucky 'La Fiesole in Fiamme!' sciarpa is washed and ready to go. :D

GorillaJu

O_O How do you know that? (not meant as an insult, just curious)

Haha well that's the short story really. I'm fairly involved in fashion, I do some fashion modeling and have friends who are designers. I also co-founded one of the biggest forums for men's casual clothing (styleforum's Streetwear & Denim forum). It's my biggest "hobby"

Haha well that's the short story really. I'm fairly involved in fashion, I do some fashion modeling and have friends who are designers. I also co-founded one of the biggest forums for men's casual clothing (styleforum's Streetwear & Denim forum). It's my biggest "hobby"

Go on...that's really cool. Is that why you live in Tokyo? If that's just your hobby, then what is your day job?

Kyoufu

Spanish media is saying that Guardiola will leave Barça at the end of the season. If this comes true, i can see him in the EPL (Manchester City is a good option). The big question is "who is gonna take his place?", i bet for Bielsa or AVB.

Guardiola belongs with the Barca Triforce™

:(

fuenf

I think i'm over yesterday's loss now. Thinking of what positions Madrid can upgrade at...

I think buying Coentrao was a huge mistake. At the price we got him for, I mean. 30M Euros he is not worth.

Out: Kaka, Lass, Carvalho, Khedira (questionable, but we could use a much more play-making oriented mid-fielder than him), Altintop.

Start Varane and Pepe at CB, move Ramos to RB, and obviously Marcelo/Coentrao at LB.

We need a mid-fielder that can complement Xabi Alonso. I hope they try out Sahin/Alonso and see how they play off each other. Still need a backup CB/MF though, I wonder who's on the market that'll help out the squad...

What makes me so mad is that coming into the 2011/2012 season, our squad had the best depth in europe, and by the end all that depth went down the shitter as the bench players under-performed which resulted in us losing our best quality.

That you guys snatched up Coentrao was really one of the best thing to happen to Bayern this season. I dont get the Khedira hate, every team needs a player like that just look at Gustavo yesterday.

Scum

Code:
                  Benzema/Higuain

New AML               Ozil            C. Ronaldo

New CM        Alonso

Marcelo/Coentrao   Varane     Pepe         S. Ramos

Casillas

I'd love for him to stay, though. Biesla might be a good choice though.

choodi

Banned
Pffffft.

Lost 4-2 at indoor tonight. Conceded 2 in the last 4 minutes. Gutted.

My team won 3-1.

However, it could have been 6-1 if the annoying guy on our team who never learned to pass the ball had listened whenever I told him to play a 1/2. Instead of passing he ALWAYS tries to dribble down the short side on his own, and always away from his support. Inevitably, he gets tackled or runs it out of play 9 times out of 10. It's futsal you dick head, it's a passing game!

What pisses me off is that because he scored a few tonight, he will think that he played well and will continue to play like a wanker. Fucking asshole always abuses the ref and gets into fights with the other team too.

spidye

That you guys snatched up Coentrao was really one of the best thing to happen to Bayern this season. I dont get the Khedira hate, every team needs a player like that just look at Gustavo yesterday.

khedira and alonso is like tymo and gustavo: creative suicide in the midfield.
real needs someone like kroos or schweini. sahin could be the creative mind of the team but mourinho doesn't play him.

GorillaJu

Go on...that's really cool. Is that why you live in Tokyo? If that's just your hobby, then what is your day job?

It's not the reason I live in Tokyo but there's lots to be involved in here in terms of fashion. I'm just an English teacher at the moment. Prepping my portfolio for more graphic design work (my actual trade). Anyway, stopping the odd_morsel Livejournal...

If Pep moves to the PL, it'll be to Liverpool. After all, he said our academy is the second best! He loves us!

Didn't notice the Barca fan face diving after Ramires goal.

Incredible!
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

fuenf

khedira and alonso is like tymo andgustavo: creative suicide in the midfield.
real needs someone like kroos or schweini. sahin could be the creative mind of the team but mourinho doesn't play him.

Thats true Kroos would've been perfect for them yesterday. What i meant was that even with a creative mind in midfield they would still need a "destroyer" type of guy, dont know if Alonso could play that role isnt he more like Schweini? Thank god that Mourinho didnt play Sahin he was Bayerns Kryptonite last season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, me too. And we'll be playing the next three games every 3-4 days. Conte must rotate at least some of our players or we're toast. Pepe's back, Giaccherini's ready and even Borriello might be of some use after all. We'll be playing against Novara at 3pm, which could be another factor. Heat and all that. Cloudy / rainy weather is expected, but you can never be too sure.

That's right and I have an excellent track record when it comes to attending Juve's home and away matches. My lucky 'La Fiesole in Fiamme!' sciarpa is washed and ready to go. :D
I'm really nervous about this one in particular..

Most draws away from home (Juve with 9) vs Most draws at home (Novara with 8).

Anyway, if everything goes according to plan after the FT in Trieste....hmmmm ;)
iRc5cUvLRQEuF.gif

worst mindblown.gif ever?

sohois

I reckon you have at the very least another two-thirds of a season of Kenny.

If Guardiola was available and willing to go to Liverpool then I have no doubt that FSG would seek to move Kenny aside and bring him in.

Incidentally I can see only 3 realistic choices for Pep should he choose to leave Barca - Liverpool would be one, the other 2 would be Chelsea & Tottenham. Since he would presumably be leaving in order to show that he could be successful without the Messi & co., he'd be looking to go to a team with decent resources but not currently very successful, hence why he wouldn't go to the infinite resources of a Man City for example, it would just lead to more thoughts that he hasn't really proved himself. Neither France nor Germany has high profile enough positions for him, La Liga only has Real Madrid and the only Serie A position available would be Inter(lol). So naturally he would be looking to England, where only the 3 teams mentioned fit the criteria and also have likely vacancies (Arsenal would probably be an attraction as well but I don't see Wenger stepping aside or being pushed).

Hixx

I'm really nervous about this one in particular..

Most draws away from home (Juve with 9) vs Most draws at home (Novara with 8).

Anyway, if everything goes according to plan after the FT in Trieste....hmmmm ;)

iRc5cUvLRQEuF.gif

worst mindblown.gif ever?

his head looks like a penis for a few frames.

GorillaJu

If Guardiola was available and willing to go to Liverpool then I have no doubt that FSG would seek to move Kenny aside and bring him in.

Incidentally I can see only 3 realistic choices for Pep should he choose to leave Barca - Liverpool would be one, the other 2 would be Chelsea & Tottenham. Since he would presumably be leaving in order to show that he could be successful without the Messi & co., he'd be looking to go to a team with decent resources but not currently very successful, hence why he wouldn't go to the infinite resources of a Man City for example, it would just lead to more thoughts that he hasn't really proved himself. Neither France nor Germany has high profile enough positions for him, La Liga only has Real Madrid and the only Serie A position available would be Inter(lol). So naturally he would be looking to England, where only the 3 teams mentioned fit the criteria and also have likely vacancies (Arsenal would probably be an attraction as well but I don't see Wenger stepping aside or being pushed).

Don't you dare even begin to inspire silly nonsensical pipe dreams.

It's not the reason I live in Tokyo but there's lots to be involved in here in terms of fashion. I'm just an English teacher at the moment. Prepping my portfolio for more graphic design work (my actual trade). Anyway, stopping the odd_morsel Livejournal...

But I'm enjoying the Livejournal :( I have quite a few friends who are graphic design who got jobs in NYC after we all graduated. It's pretty cool. Website link?

Clegg

I'm rewatching last nights match and I've just had a thought about Ronaldo.

He has had very 3 important penalties to take in his career

Barcelona 2008 (CL semi final)
Moscow 2008 (CL final)
Madrid 2012 (CL semi final)

And he has missed them all.

He is usually a very reliable penalty taker but he hasn't scored when it matters most.

I'm not saying that he's a bottler but he has been unlucky.

And you could tell that Ramos was going to miss his penalty before he even started his run up.

GorillaJu

Well, any speculation is entirely pointless until Guardiola actually leaves Barca, which I don't see happening myself.

I could see it happening (him leaving). It would take an incredible disappointment on multiple fronts, but isn't that exactly where Barcelona is right now?

Don't get me wrong - it would be a mistake on Barcelona's part of they let him go, but the pressure has to be incredible. It's just not a position you can hold for many years without going crazy.

But I'm enjoying the Livejournal :( I have quite a few friends who are graphic design who got jobs in NYC after we all graduated. It's pretty cool. Website link?

My portfolio is offline right now. It's one of the things I'm working on. I'll PM you when I get it rolling, though

Aren't penalties a situation where luck has no part of it?

I'm not saying he's a bottler either, just that he has a tendency to bottle it when he's needed most. (just kidding, don't murder me friends)

My portfolio is offline right now. It's one of the things I'm working on. I'll PM you when I get it rolling, though

Sweet thanks. I always felt like the portfolio website is one of the most creative and important things you can do as a graphic designer. I don't know if that is actually the case in the industry, but my friends have some amazing websites. I was always interested in it in High School, but never seriously considered it. Then one of my best friends from college majored in it, and I wish I would have. Oh well. I'd offer to PM you some of their sites, but I know you would probably rather not be influenced by their sites for yours.

I'm rewatching last nights match and I've just had a thought about Ronaldo.

He has had very 3 important penalties to take in his career

Barcelona 2008 (CL semi final)
Moscow 2008 (CL final)
Madrid 2012 (CL semi final)

And he has missed them all.

He is usually a very reliable penalty taker but he hasn't scored when it matters most.

And you could tell that Ramos was going to miss his penalty before he even started his run up.

He scored the winning penalty against England on the 2006 World Cup quarter-finals. That's a more important penalty that any of the others listed.

Top Bottom