• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Choc

Banned
It is often said that you are not a truly great manager until you turn two clubs around and do amazing things with them

It's what Mourinho believes, and most definatley Pep might. Pep might want to prove himself.

He might want to go to a team without such a superstar lineup to prove he can coach. New challenge, prove to the world its not just the fact he has a ridiculous team behind him that he is winning.

The best coaches have that drive. The drive to do more, never happy, always succeed always take on new challenges

Hence, Mourinho.

FootballFan

^^Meh mourinho hasn't amazed all that much, but I dont want to get into that discussion so I will just say he is a great coach.

I don't want him fired, I want him for years to come. I also think the triforce has a bigger love for the club than they do of guardiola (not saying they don't love him though)

Yeah that is definitely true, then again, coaches have managed to convince players to follow anyway. Though in this case, I can see Iniesta and Messi staying at Barca until retirement(Xavi is nearly there :p )

Mourinho's record in management is totally unprecedented.

I guess you can say Guardiola's is too, but it is very difficult to judge Guardiola as long as he has only managed one team and that team has had such incredible resources available to him.

It's kinda sad how we struggled against Cesena yesterday. Four more Cesenas to go :(

God help us all.

Don't be so pessimistic! 4 games to go, we only need to win 3 of those. I figure we can probably get by with 2 wins and a draw as I think Milan is going to drop points against one of Sienna or Inter, probably Sienna to be honest. And our squad is back to full health with Quagliarella back as well.

Only really worried about the Cagliari game. Could be a dangerous drip as they're a good squad, and relegation threatened.

Lazio in pole position for Honda

I like Honda, and I'd want him for Juve to increase our Asian presence, and get tons of shirt sales. And he's an above average striker. Lazio's building a fucking good team, aren't they?

Wilbur

Banned
^^Meh mourinho hasn't amazed all that much, but I dont want to get into that discussion so I will just say he is a great coach.

Personality wise I can see how you'd dislike him, but there's no way you can take away his achievements as a manager.

I guess you can say Guardiola's is too, but it is very difficult to judge Guardiola as long as he has only managed one team and that team has had such incredible resources available to him.

This

Choc

Banned

i bet that weighs very heavily on his mind. He is no doubt driven but there is all the detractors saying its just because he has a ridiculous team.

FootballFan

Just to be clear, Mou is better than Pep(to most people), I was just saying, he hasn't amazed me as much as he has others. What he did at Chelsea was pretty good, what he did at Inter was quite awesome(in the CL), the league wasn't amazing really, what he did at Porto was fantastic, what he has been doing at Madrid has been meh.

Overall he's great though. But he is like Pepe/Terry/Alves to me. As good as he may be I wont like him for his lame ass attitude. Bad winner and horrible loser(usually).

Personality wise I can see how you'd dislike him, but there's no way you can take away his achievements as a manager.

Yeah I know, being a Barca-supporter would cloud my judgement I guess. I just hate how when he wins, he talks himself up and tries to troll the other team, then leaves his club in shambles. And when he loses he complains, makes excuses and even blames Unicef.

People were 'lol'ing in here when he poked Tito in the eye. Had Mancini poked ManUniteds Assistant Coach in the eye people would be raging. How many fights/arguments has he had with coaches, players, and journalists. <-- these are the reasons I dont understand the love for him. Like I said it is like loving Terry, Pepe or Alves.

And before someone says it, I know he brings titles usually and is a good coach, I just don't like Mou the person. He doesnt even care, he will leave Madrid the moment he wins CL, he will join ManCity, spend 400million there and do it again. It's cool I guess but what SAF or Arsene Wenger do is just as hard imo. Not easy staying with 1 team and being successful no matter what.

Wessiej

Siena did quite well against Milan the last time they met. Well, until Ibra's penalty killed all their hopes.

It's strange that we're counting on Inter.. it's a dog fight for third/Europe, so that worked out brilliantly for us :p

I had a Juve dream as well! We won 2-0 (I assume it was Cesena), with Marchisio scoring the second goal. I don't remember who scored the first goal but it was definitely not Borriello :p

Fixed :'(

And you won the 1996 CL with every player on dope, you should be the runner up that year too ;)

http://i.imgur.com/RSkAi.jpg[IMG]

Balotelli and his brother Enoch. It's like a Pokemon game with Enoch being the unevolved form of Mario, wearing less flamboyant clothing and with a hair style that's even worse than Mario's.

[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2135362/Mario-Balotelli-brother-sport-matching-mohicans.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Does Balotelli not understand that the less attention he gets right now the better his value comes. He really just doesn't give a fuck does he.

[quote="Messi, post: 37303197"]I don't want him fired, I want him for years to come. I also think the triforce has a bigger love for the club than they do of guardiola (not saying they don't love him though)[/QUOTE]

Graham Hunter's Barca book had a lengthy chapter on how Guardiola got hired as the head coach, and in it, there is a part where Guardiola didn't see himself managing the team past the extension he signed which ends in June.

I think Pep knew how special what he had was when he took over the job in 2008, and as some of these players get older, move on, etc. he would rather move on than stay with Barcelona.
I'd pull the quote right now, but I don't have my kindle on me at the moment.

So, Kagawa has to decide until the end of this month (so in the next few days) whether he wants to stay and sign the new contract or not which will mean he'll be sold.

Good move, this shit is going on way too long. He's an awesome guy and football player but if he feels like he must leave, then he should do so. We'll replace him.

So, Kagawa has to decide until the end of this month (so in the next few days) whether he wants to stay and sign the new contract or not which will mean he'll be sold.

Good move, this shit is going on way too long. He's an awesome guy and football player but if he feels like he must leave, then he should do so. We'll replace him.

:doublesmug

Wilbur

Banned

If Kagawa goes, will Gotze move into the centre to accommodate Reus?

Also doesn't Kagawa's contract run out this summer? So he won't be sold, he can just move for free?

If Guardiola leaves then who will replace him? I can't really judge him as a manager to be honest. He inherited a great team that became even better, it's silly to claim he created this Barca side.

Clegg

We'll probably sign another winger and a new 4th choice striker.

SAF shall "forget" about the midfield.

Edit: Lucas has met with Madrid but he's apparently been to England too.

He's probably Madrid bound but there is always a chance he won't go there.

Slizz

Out all day yesterday, I can imagine the reactions in this thread after what I thought was another great CL semifinal.

I managed to get 3 of my friends who'd never sit down and watch a football game, to sit and watch THE WHOLE THING. And they loved every minute of it. They can't wait for the Final even when I explained all the people that will miss the match, they were still excited.

Great stuff.

If Kagawa goes, will Gotze move into the centre to accommodate Reus?

Also doesn't Kagawa's contract run out this summer? So he won't be sold, he can just move for free?

I have no idea, really. There are a few possibilities if Kagawa leaves, Götze and Reus can both play in the centre (I even think that Reus would do the best on the Kagawa position for stats, so, scoring goals and doing assists). But it's also possible that Leitner, Perisic or maybe even Bittencourt get some games there.

But we have way too many attacking midfielders anyway, it's hard to say how we'll play next season with Reus joining. The only sure thing you could say is that Kagawa would play in the centre if he stayed because Kloppo said Shinji is a pretty shit winger lol

And no, his contract runs until 2013. So we'd probably get around 15m, although it's not enough if you ask me. But yeah, Bundesliga prices are no overpriced English prices :(

Blablurn

that's the second champions league final in three years. we might not have such individuals as messi or ronaldo, or the money of a club like manchester city but damn, this team is doing a great job. didn't expect us to come this far again. but it seems like this team is just made for the champions league. this could also be a reason why they didn't go all out in the league. right now, i don't care though. maybe losing against dortmund wasn't that bad after all. at least they could save up some energy for games against madrid.

RSkAi.jpg

Balotelli and his brother Enoch. It's like a Pokemon game with Enoch being the unevolved form of Mario, wearing less flamboyant clothing and with a hair style that's even worse than Mario's.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...alotelli-brother-sport-matching-mohicans.html

All that money and he's rocking MC Hammer sweatpants?!?

REALLY!?!

Side note, I'm a fan of his play but not his crazy antics. I hope he chills out a bit, and lets his game do the talking...

GorillaJu

Is Ramires out of the final?

He's so good. Would buy him for 50.

He has moments of brilliance and moments where he's a headless chicken. But not enough can be said about that finish over Valdes. Impeccable timing, precision, composure... such a sick goal.

Choc

Banned
surely UEFA get that removing players from the final (aside from direct reds, terry) is lessening the spectacle and compromising their showpiece

oh well

useless tools

Kenka

LTTP: BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN !!!

Watched the game in a bar in Sunderland, fantastic moments ! Guy behind me had a retro german shirt with "The Bomber" written in the back, number 13. I ended up celebrating with guys I barely knew for a minute. Real fans were angered just a bit, then eventually joined us for a beer.

Sunderland is just fantastic, people are so nice and open. It makes me wanna come back for leisure instead of work.

Carbonox

BBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

FC BAYERN FART MAN

LETS GO

elseanio

"Opta Sports &#8207; @OptaJoe Close
4 - Liverpool would be 4th if all shots that hit the woodwork were counted as goals. If."

Damnit

Top Bottom