• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Wilbur

Banned
Wrika makes a point. Renewal. I think if they had won the CL he would have stepped down but he wants to prove he can come back from defeat.

Kyoufu

Wrika makes a point. Renewal. I think if they had won the CL he would have stepped down but he wants to prove he can come back from defeat.

I have a boner now. Would be amazing to see a hungry Triforce™ devour everything on their way to another CL trophy.

dc89

Manchester City are now more important rivals for Manchester United than Liverpool, according to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ferguson has billed United's trip to City on Monday as a Premier League title decider, with United three points ahead of their neighbours going into the match.

And he believes that City's rapid progress under their wealthy owners means that matches against Liverpool, while still "emotional", have taken a secondary importance.

"We have to get used to playing Manchester City in important games," he said. "They are not going away. The support they have means we are going to be playing them in a lot of big games.

"Manchester City are our direct opponents now. They are up against us to win titles. That is what our focus is on, the team who can stop us winning.

"Liverpool-United games are emotional. But there is certainly an importance which, at this moment in time, supersedes the Liverpool games."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/26/alex-ferguson-manchester-city-liverpool

Is he right?

Arnie

Manchester City have been more important rivals to United for the last three years.

Doesn't diminish the atmosphere of the Liverpool versus United games though.

dc89

SSN now have the yellow ticker thing saying according to Sky Sports sources Pep is ready to quit at the end of the season and take a break from football.

I think I'm the only one who doesn't think Bayern played that well. Yes, they played better than Madrid, but I don't think they played that much better.

Also, I agree with Error, and do not think Josep Guardiola will be the Manager of the Barcelona Football Club next season. I think it will be based on a decision by Guardiola, and not the club.

EDIT: Didn't Bielsa just sign a contract extension with Athletic Club?

I think I'm the only one who doesn't think Bayern played that well. Yes, they played better than Madrid, but I don't think they played that much better.

They both sucked and relied on luck to win the game.

Chelsea really showed hard work and the will to win in their game against all odds. If they add the FA cup just before the CL Finals, their morale is going to be sky high.

You are right. We don't wanna make the competition even unfairer than it already is.

p3EJO.jpg

Mourinho tried to play it safe by trying to defend the score.

Mourinho is definitely too negative for my liking, but the 2nd half performance from Madrid was flat, Ronaldo was tired, Benzema was tired - they didn't link up well at all.

This annoying thing to me was that at 2 nil up Madrid were coasting, Bayern had hardly got out of their own half, then Mou made the team sit back and concede territory and possession rather than keeping up the attack like they have done at home most of the season; they could have kept Bayern on the back foot for longer and likely got a 3rd.

THEN they could have shut up shop (along with some earlier substitutions in the midfield), and played on the counter. Shows how important the late winner in Munich was tho.

Hey guys, I want to make a fantasy team that are great players but are primarily divers.

Anyone can make me a starting 11 of divers? Maybe 10 since there might not be a famous GK diver.

Top Bottom