• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

faridmon

Doesn't explain why Holland was in the WC final of 2010 though.

Because Heitenga is awesome.

Everton-John-Heitinga+cropped

TeegsD

I'm just saying you guys really need a better striker for next year if you wanna play some CL football. It's not going to work with Ricky.

I don't think we will make it to a CL spot. But I'd prefer we'd use some of our youth strikers. Instead we shipped one off to Liverpool :|

International football is slow and boring for the most part. And the vast majority of teams just sit back and play on the counter. There's an overwhelming desire not to get beat at most international tournaments.

To be honest, the most of the goals England concede at international tournaments are due to their defence being out of shape when the opposition are counter attacking. This was every goal they concede against Germany in South Africa.

Meier

Wow, talk about a crazy final two minutes of play! I was reading the GameCast and it said the final goal was assisted by Llorente and I was like huh? Look below it and see Athletic has scored a second goal.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Llorente is a beast. No offense to Bilbao, but he could play for one of the top teams in Europe, his awareness and strength are amazing.

Top Bottom