• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Sporting´s starting 11 :

Rui Patricio; João Pereira, Xandão, Polga, Insua; Schaars, André Martins, Matias Fernandez; Capel, Pereirinha and Wolfswinkel.

Oh God, Sá Pinto has gone insane... No Carriço, André Martins and Matias both on at the same time. He´s going for the win, I just hope this won´t be the death of us.

So, Schalke will use the Gazprom advertisement space on the sidelines in their last home match this season for "Thank you Raul" kind of stuff.

What a ridiculous thing to do. Not that Raul doesn't deserve it but come on, he wasted "only" 2 years at Gelsenkirchen and wasn't like "OMG WTF did he just do"-good.

TeegsD

Sporting´s starting 11 :

Rui Patricio; João Pereira, Xandão, Polga, Insua; Schaars, André Martins, Matias Fernandez; Capel, Pereirinha and Wolfswinkel.

Oh God, Sá Pinto has gone insane... No Carriço, André Martins and Matias both on at the same time. He´s going for the win, I just hope this won´t be the death of us.

We need to come out firing on all cylinders

fuenf

So, Schalke will use the Gazprom advertisement space on the sidelines in their last home match this season for "Thank you Raul" kind of stuff.

What a ridiculous thing to do. Not that Raul doesn't deserve it but come on, he wasted "only" 2 years at Gelsenkirchen and wasn't like "OMG WTF did he just do"-good.

I think it's even more ridiculous that they plan to retire the number 7 shirt, wonder if they'll really follow through with it or change their mind in 1-2 years.

faridmon

Cheers lads, its been a tough month where lot of things happened, glad to be back
again

Jalevich Road, bla bla bla
I think it's even more ridiculous that they plan to retire the number 7 shirt, wonder if they'll really follow through with it or change their mind in 1-2 years.

They are just retiring that shirt for only 1 year. Nothing wrong with that. Raul deserve that at least.

TeegsD

"Sporting have won only two of their last 11 meetings with Spanish sides in Europe (exc. Qualifiers): D4 L5. Peninsular"

Going to make number 3 tonight

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Welcome back farid and Kenka! ;)

World cups are so overrated

The WC will always, always be the ultimate football to me.

N0rji.jpg

The CL is great and all, but you need luck more than anything sometimes. The best side doesn't always win*.

*Not aimed at anyone in particular.

Wilbur

Banned
Welcome back farid and Kenka! ;)

The WC will always, always be the ultimate football to me.

N0rji.jpg

The CL is great and all, but you need luck more than anything sometimes. The best side doesn't always win*.

*Not aimed at anyone in particular.

Same for the World Cup for me, but I just think when you're shoving a bunch of players together who don't play together all year then it's ultimately not as good quality.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Same for the World Cup for me, but I just think when you're shoving a bunch of players together who don't play together all year then it's ultimately not as good quality.

Which is probably why England crash out early in the competition. You can't win the WC/Euros with names (Argentina/Brazil), you win it with a solid backbone, players who can communicate telepathically with each other.

Italy's backbone was always Juve. And for Spain it's either mostly Madrid or mostly Barcelona (depends on who's dominating the league I guess), and it won them the 2010 WC.

Same for Germany, most of their players are used to each other already in Bayern and BVB.

confuziz

Banned
Which is probably why England crash out early in the competition. You can't win the WC/Euros with names (Argentina/Brazil), you win it with a solid backbone, players who can communicate telepathically with each other.

Italy's backbone was always Juve. And for Spain it's either mostly Madrid or mostly Barcelona (depends on who's dominating the league I guess), and it won them the 2010 WC.

Edit: Germany's backbone is Bayern obviously.

Doesn't explain why Holland was in the WC final of 2010 though.

Top Bottom