• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Gosh biting my nails like crazy. I hate football. I don't suffer this much for my team (Benfica)! And this week with Chelsea, Madrid and now Sporting is being way, way too much for me.

Valencia 0-1 Atl.Madrid (2-5)

untitled-21qx8r.gif

Only thing more painful than getting a rusty spoon through your cock is watching international football. Well ok, it isn't that bad but I just want the seasons to start earlier instead, international football is only funny because of meltdowns from France and England.

FootballFan

I'm rewatching last nights match and I've just had a thought about Ronaldo.

He has had very 3 important penalties to take in his career

Barcelona 2008 (CL semi final)
Moscow 2008 (CL final)
Madrid 2012 (CL semi final)

And he has missed them all.

He is usually a very reliable penalty taker but he hasn't scored when it matters most.

I'm not saying that he's a bottler but he has been unlucky.

And you could tell that Ramos was going to miss his penalty before he even started his run up.
Penalty. That is all I will say. Its a penalty, some go in, some miss. He scored in PK shootouts for Portugal in Euro 2004 and has scored important penalties, just like Messi has(3 penalties vs Milan this season). Had Neuer jumped other way, it would have been a goal and he would be crowned king of penalties, had Messi shot 2inches lower, he would be praised. Fact is penalty comes down to a lot of luck, even Lahm the German had his shot saved. :p

Ronaldo hit the post against Barcelona and had his other penalty was saved by Cech.

He didn't hit the post in that penalty, it hits that post behind the goal which has the wire attached to the net(to keep it square)...I think.

LLLOOORRREENTTEEE

TeegsD

Well congrats Bilbao. You guys showed up and we clearly didn't. We got a lot farther than I thought we would. I thought City would end us. Alas, this is the way the cookie crumbles

Top Bottom