• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Zabojnik

534083_350324328359746_123723887686459_963113_1732622797_n.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
AVB vs Mourinho would be crazyyyy, I think they hate each or something. Chelsea was never meant for him, I don't see his failure there as indicative of him being a bad/good coach.

rodvik

AVB vs Mourinho would be crazyyyy, I think they hate each or something. Chelsea was never meant for him, I don't see his failure there as indicative of him being a bad/good coach.

Big Mick for you mate :)

mick_mccarthy_2_1120647c.jpg

note: Mick is a stand in for a "up and at em" style manager. I didnt use McLeish out of kindness I wouldnt wish him on any one, not even Barcelona.

Kyoufu

Newcastle will qualify for CL then Mike Ashley will be like HEY Pards, you're sacked!

Gets Guardiola on the phone, wants CL experienced manager.

We win CL.

xintin

They had an argument that led to AVB leaving to coach Academica and they haven't spoken since. Apparently it was because AVB wanted Mourinho to give him more responsibilities at Inter.

Wilbur

Banned
I see him taking a year or few out and then when Fergie goes, Mourinho knows its his time and then.... BAM PEP COMES IN AND TAKES THE UNITED JOB

I still think he's staying though.

Razor554

Barcastuff:Unless Guardiola changes his mind last minute, Barcelona will on Friday announce the coach will leave the club. [Catalunya radio]

13 throphys in 4 season, 14 if we win Copa against Bilbao. Our most successful manager ever. Living legend.

Personally i would welcome Bielsa over anyone else to coach Barça. He is practically Pep's mentor and taught many things about coaching to Pep.
And like Pep, Bielsa likes to take one year contracts only and his current contract with Bilbao ends after this season.

Bielsa if you read GAF, just bring Javi Martinez with you!.

faridmon

Alex McLeish will be without a job this summer. He is looking for another challenge and Barcelona is perfect for him. Lets see how good he does to get the best team in the world relegated.

sneaky77

I just fnished the game, it was showing on a 2hr delay on Goltv..

It was a great tie over both legs, I still can't believe it, my hands are shaking typing this..

I never thought I would live to see this happen.

Messi

13 throphys in 4 season, 14 if we win Copa against Bilbao. Our most successful manager ever. Living legend.

Personally i would welcome Bielsa over anyone else to coach Barça. He is practically Pep's mentor and taught many things about coaching to Pep.
And like Pep, Bielsa likes to take one year contracts only and his current contract with Bilbao ends after this season.

Bielsa if you read GAF, just bring Javi Martinez with you!.

I agree with all of this.

Sloosha

I imagine Pep taking a year off to sit at home and catch up on HBO shows and Netflix, then coming back, after his absence, and leading Bristol City to the promised land.

RaGe_pt

They had an argument that led to AVB leaving to coach Academica and they haven't spoken since. Apparently it was because AVB wanted Mourinho to give him more responsibilities at Inter.

That's a story that got around last year but never confirmed. They even traded nice words last year. And about AVB, I hope he comes back to FC Porto!

elsk

Banned

Bielsa is Pep's mentor? what?
I doubt Bielsa is leaving Bilbao unless something horrible happens like the president of the club getting fired or something. Bielsa had to leave Chile because of the change of president, he still wanted to stay there.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I would love Bielsa to coach Barcelona, but I don't see him leaving Bilbao. Even if they offered him a lot of money.

Clegg

M'vila is an amazing defensive midfielder. He isn't very creative though. Its his job to win the ball back and give it to his teams attackers.

He's absolutely brilliant imo.

He did hint that he is not staying at Sunderland, but I don't think he will be happy to play far wide considering his ego. I wonder where will he go. Hope he doesn't come to Everton...

Haha yeah I was just kidding, not that he would be good enough for the wing either. But yeah, he also made it pretty clear that he didn't want to go back to Arsenal a couple of times now, sounds like he got really pissed with Wenger when he didn't start him in that cup finale after he had played every match leading up to it in the cup.

Top Bottom