• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Lightning

Banned
He did hint that he is not staying at Sunderland, but I don't think he will be happy to play far wide considering his ego. I wonder where will he go. Hope he doesn't come to Everton...
Haven't you heard? It's Bendtner and Andre Santos swapped for Leighton Baines!!!!!

So, uh guys.

Alison Brie.

I can't even

iujef8iByg79l.jpg

faridmon

Haven't you heard? It's Bendtner and Andre Santos swapped for Leighton Baines!!!!!

Don't even joke about that....

Just don't....

Haha yeah I was just kidding, not that he would be good enough for the wing either. But yeah, he also made it pretty clear that he didn't want to go back to Arsenal a couple of times now, sounds like he got really pissed with Wenger when he didn't start him in that cup finale after he had played every match leading up to it in the cup.

and rightly so. He is bloody Bendtner, why wouldn't he play a cup final?
Wenger out...

faridmon

Bloody Hell! I want to sleep, but some Nintendo conference is starting in 30 min.
I am so sleepy, I can't even tell what I am writing at the moment...

Bloody Hell! I want to sleep, but some Nintendo conference is starting in 30 min.
I am so sleepy, I can't even tell what I am writing at the moment...

I want to sleep but I am supposed to turn in a paper tomorrow at 12. Should stop wasting time on GAF and actually start spell checking and shit... but eh. I want to read about people eating the wax on cheese and what their favorite fapping material from Disney is.

Lightning

Banned

Don't even joke about that....

Just don't....
Hahahaha We got Arteta from you guys and he became our key player in the midfield immediately to the point that when he is not available our midfield sucks and his defensive work is outstanding.

So our relationship with Everton is good. No reason we can't work out a Baines deal. Obviously Santos and Bendtner suck so they are out of the question but I would love a deal to be done.

faridmon

I want to sleep but I am supposed to turn in a paper tomorrow at 12. Should stop wasting time on GAF and actually start spell checking and shit... but eh. I want to read about people eating the wax on cheese and what their favorite fapping material from Disney is.

Haha, Actually I am sort of thankful for the ban, If wasn't banned I would not hand in an essay and project.

Hang on, weren't you the one who was asking me in disgust whether I was into furry or not?
Hypocrite..

Hahahaha We got Arteta from you guys and he became our key player in the midfield immediately to the point that when he is not available our midfield sucks and his defensive work is outstanding.

So our relationship with Everton is good. No reason we can't work out a Baines deal. Obviously Santos and Bendtner suck so they are out of the question but I would love a deal to be done.

Good for him and good for you, and good for us. He did hit a point whether he added nothing to our team and actually hindered Fellini to do his job. I am happy that he is enjoying his football, and you guys relying on him to a point that you can't manage to win game without him.
Just how shit is Arsenal if Arteta is the most important player there?

and no we don't have good relationship, if Baines is going then the only place he going back to is bloody Wigan.

Lightning

Banned
Good for him and good for you, and good for us. He did hit a point whether he added nothing to our team and actually hindered Fellini to do his job. I am happy that he is enjoying his football, and you guys relying on him to a point that you can't manage to win game without him.
Just how shit is Arsenal if Arteta is the most important player there?

and no we don't have good relationship, if Baines is going then the only place he going back to is bloody Wigan.
I'm buttering it. LOL. Next season when Jack Wilshere comes back it's to the bench with Arteta but there is no denying his assett to us but maybe that's because our system is better than yours? And we have Robin Van Persie....

And while I want us to replace our left back I wouldn't want inflated Everton prices. Btw, Arteta's wages are less at Arsenal then they were at Everton, he took a pay cut to join us and play Champions League football.

I think you are having a hard on. Just embrace it, you know want it.

I was going to post Selena Gomez but then I saw he edited in "animated only, don't be weird" which just makes no sense. On GAF it's now more acceptable to have a hard on for a talking fox than the delicious Gomez.

Now that I've calmed down a bit,

I'd like to congratulate Chelsea for a deserved victory against Barcelona. I recognise that their tactics were one of necessity rather than idealogical preference. To come up against the best, despite not having a good season yourself, and deny them whilst yourself scoring more than they is an achievement and that is worth plaudits.

Lightning

Banned
Now that I've calmed down a bit,

I'd like to congratulate Chelsea for a deserved victory against Barcelona. I recognise that their tactics were one of necessity rather than idealogical preference. To come up against the best, despite not having a good season yourself, and deny them whilst yourself scoring more than they is an achievement and that is worth plaudits.
Why the attachment to Barcelona? They are a bigger leech of Arsenal than City have become because they've prized our best players away. I still remember how pissed off I was when Overmars left for Barca... My blood was boiling for quite a while after that.

Not to mention they are the greatest threat to take Robin Van Persie. If they make a serious offer, he will leave.

FootballFan

Pep now likely quitting?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17855980

Just want to say he is one of the classiest managers I have ever seen. Hope if he does take a break he comes back into football fairly quickly.

Horrible news man :(

If he decides to leave, all the best to him and his future but I truly wish he stays. :(

People that says any coach could win everything with that team, they are as wrong as it gets.

Pep made this team what it is. He was the one that started using Messi as a false 9, playing extreme possession football, pressuring when losing the ball like no other, bringing in Pique, Busquets and Pedro, who were nobodys and now are world cup winners, he has gone toe to toe with Mou and come out on top most times.

He was a ball boy for us, a youth team player, a first team player in the dream team, B team coach, and now the first teams most successful coach. He is Barca in and out. Don't leave Pep!! :(

Such a cool dude as well. As for replacements, I honestly don't know, Bielsa would be pretty cool though.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Bielsa is Pep's mentor? what?
I doubt Bielsa is leaving Bilbao unless something horrible happens like the president of the club getting fired or something. Bielsa had to leave Chile because of the change of president, he still wanted to stay there.
Guardiola worked with Marcelo Bielsa during his years in Argentina before playing for Dorados de Sinaloa in Mexico.

FootballFan

Pedro is still a nobody in my book.

Luckily your book is in the fiction section at the library. :p

Nah fair enough if you don't rate Pedro, but fact is, he has scored in the CL final, European supercup, club world cup, spanish supercup, El Clasico(3 times) and quite a lot in CL. He scored many important goals for Barca, and not many can say that.

An ok dribbler, neat passer, good shooter, fit and fast. The fact that a lot of people still don't know if he is left or right footed is also a good feature. All his goals - Watch how 1 is with left, next with right, and it continues like that lol.

FootballFan

A winger from my home team could easily be better than him, playing in a team like Barcelona.

Ask world class Ibra or pro's Hleb, Chygrinsky, Caceres etc how easy it is playing in a team like Barcelona. When you aren't good enough, you stick out like a sore thumb.

edit
what you are saying is like me saying Cuenca is better than Ribery :lol. I hope you weren't serious. Cause you don't fluke your way into the first team of one of the best teams in the world, then fluke your way into the international team. Pedro obviously was doing something right.

elsk

Banned
Ask world class Ibra or pro's Hleb, Chygrinsky, Caceres etc how easy it is playing in a team like Barcelona. When you aren't good enough, you stick out like a sore thumb.

There's a lot involved in why those guys didn't make it. But I'm talking here about the Barcelona "wingers" and nothing more... all their "home made" wingers are average players Pedro, Cuenca, Tello. They're "build" to make what a team like Barcelona needs: pass the ball, run and finish inside the box.

They're plain/average players and nothing more, they fit the Barcelona team very well because they were trained to do that and nothing more.

GorillaJu

Elsk you have a point, but Pedro is class. Cuenca and Tello are still very young. They still have time to blossom.

But there are a few characters that fit your description, like Bojan and Jeffren (though Jeffren is more of a midfielder isn't he?)

FootballFan

There's a lot involved in why those guys didn't make it. But I'm talking here about the Barcelona "wingers" and nothing more... all their "home made" wingers are average players Pedro, Cuenca, Tello. They're "build" to make what a team like Barcelona needs: pass the ball, run and finish inside the box.

They're plain/average players and nothing more, they fit the Barcelona team very well because they were trained to do that and nothing more.

Xavi is the same then?? You think Xavi would thrive playing for Chelsea how they were playing against Barca?? Hell to the No. Does that mean Xavi is just plain/average too? Messi when he isn't playing in Barcelonas system doesnt score hattricks either, is he plain/average?

They were made to play in this system and theres nothing wrong with that. So just because Pedro is good with this style of play it make him average :lol that is ridiculous.

elsk

Banned
Xavi is the same then?? You think Xavi would thrive playing for Chelsea how they were playing against Barca?? Hell to the No. Does that mean Xavi is just plain/average too? Messi when he isn't playing in Barcelonas system doesnt score hattricks either, is he plain/average?

They were made to play in this system and theres nothing wrong with that.

Again, I'm talking about WINGERS. Barcelona youth academy makes very good midfielders and even defenders but in the winger department they usually make average players.

For example Thiago Alcántara is a player that could work in any team in the world. And for me he's one of the top young talents out there right now.

rodvik

Horrible news man :(

If he decides to leave, all the best to him and his future but I truly wish he stays. :(

People that says any coach could win everything with that team, they are as wrong as it gets.

Pep made this team what it is. He was the one that started using Messi as a false 9, playing extreme possession football, pressuring when losing the ball like no other, bringing in Pique, Busquets and Pedro, who were nobodys and now are world cup winners, he has gone toe to toe with Mou and come out on top most times.

He was a ball boy for us, a youth team player, a first team player in the dream team, B team coach, and now the first teams most successful coach. He is Barca in and out. Don't leave Pep!! :(

Such a cool dude as well. As for replacements, I honestly don't know, Bielsa would be pretty cool though.

Totally agree. I have a hard time seeing him managing another club if he decides to leave. Maybe he will take time off, manage a national side then return to Barcelona?

elsk

Banned
I wonder if Louis van Gaal is an option for the (Barcelona) job. I think we are still paying his salary... FUCK THAT GUY :(

Choc

Banned
Whoever takes Barca has some serious shoes to fill

i don't think you can replace Pep, if you know what i mean. He played for the team as a captain!

thats something else, playing at the top level as the captain with the team and then taking them on a massive winning run

Top Bottom