• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Holy shit, apparently Newcastle are attempting to sign Sigurdsson......

PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN!

Oh wow. That would be some signing. Was he at Hoffenheim while Ba was there cos that might come in to our favour?

EDIT: Yeah Ba was there. AWESOME. Go Ba, do us another favour.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeah. Transfer market could be awesome for us in the summer. I have total faith in Pardew.

If we get Sigurdsson though...more Newcastle related cum drowings for me!

The lies continue at ewood.

Gael Givet (clearly our best centre half) was left out of the squad on saturday, Kean said he wasn't in the right frame of mind to play.

Gael has released a statement saying its not true Kean just decided not to play him.

In summary:

Fuck off Steve Kean and Venkys you corrupt cunts

elsk

Banned
I was sure as hell smiling.

Real totally have this in the bernabau though :/

Haha seriously? they're playing against Barcelona on the weekend. And Bayern is practically going to rest until the match against RM. Also, RM has conceded goals at the Bernabeu against like 94% of the teams.

Scum

Gael Givet (clearly our best centre half) was left out of the squad on saturday, Kean said he wasn't in the right frame of mind to play.

Gael has released a statement saying its not true Kean just decided not to play him.

In summary:

They really are after that PL parachute pay packet, aren't they? :-/

Messi

Haha seriously? they're playing against Barcelona on the weekend. And Bayern is practically going to rest until the match against RM. Also, RM has conceded goals at the Bernabeu against like 94% of the teams.

I really hope you are right, i'd love for the final to be Bayern vs Barca (Assuming we beat chelsea, which to me is a biiiig assumption most people seem to be making). I realllly don't want a clasico final.

Kyoufu

Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeah. Transfer market could be awesome for us in the summer. I have total faith in Pardew.

He is literally the perfect player for Newcastle and exactly what we lack in midfield: A goalscorer.

Plus he looks as good on set-pieces as any of our current guys in the first team.

I don't care about anyone else, just sign this guy. Pay whatever is necessary to get him on board.

Carbonox

I sincerely doubt we will sell any of our best players if we finish 4th. No one would want to drop out of the Champion's League with us. If we finish 5th or 6th (still guaranteed Europe but in the Europa League) then I'd probably maintain the same due to the players' expectations probably not being remotely as high as what reality is showing.

We're in a fucking amazing position in terms of holding on to our best players and attracting talent.

I sincerely doubt we will sell any of our best players if we finish 4th. No one would want to drop out of the Champion's League with us. If we finish 5th or 6th (still guaranteed Europe but in the Europa League) then I'd probably maintain the same due to the players' expectations probably not being remotely as high as what reality is showing.

We're in a fucking amazing position in terms of holding on to our best players and attracting talent.

He is literally the perfect player for Newcastle and exactly what we lack in midfield: A goalscorer.

Plus he looks as good on set-pieces as any of our current guys in the first team.

I don't care about anyone else, just sign this guy. Pay whatever is necessary to get him on board.

Yeah I agree, we really hold the cards here. Whatever happens, we've had an incredible season. Probably the best in over 10 years when you consider the difference between expectation at the start of the season to where we are now.

Let the good times roll. And Kyoufu, you better be following the Premiership again next season! Don't leave us.

Kyoufu

Yeah I agree, we really hold the cards here. Whatever happens, we've had an incredible season. Probably the best in over 10 years when you consider the difference between expectation at the start of the season to where we are now.

Let the good times roll. And Kyoufu, you better be following the Premiership again next season! Don't leave us.

You just want me for my body Champions League luck. :(

Zabojnik

lol Juve's transfer policy is baffling to me.

It's not like there's any truth to it, it's just an unlikely rumor. Summer is fast approaching and things are about to get craaaazy. :) I can see us paying a lot - too much, really - for a 28-30 years old WC striker, since it'll be tough to convince any of the palpable ones that a paycheck in the range of 4-5mil€ a year is good enough for them, when the likes of City and PSG will be offering a few mil€+ by default, just because they can. Drogba wouldn't make much sense at this point.

Btw, any news on the Pogba telenovela? I'm still saying it's just a case of Juve doing Raiola and the player a favour by helping them apply pressure to ManU. However, reliable sources are now saying it's pretty much a done deal. 1,2 mil€ + bonuses per year, 5 year contract. I'm having a hard time believing United won't match that.

Pachimari

I really hope you are right, i'd love for the final to be Bayern vs Barca (Assuming we beat chelsea, which to me is a biiiig assumption most people seem to be making). I realllly don't want a clasico final.
A Clasico final would be the biggest Champions League final. I really want us to beat Barcelona. Over one leg we are the better team, we know how to deal with them after the last match. Bayern is a much tougher opponent than Barcelona because Barca and Real know each other as their own back pocket already.

---

Btw, people have a wrong impression of Marcelo. He really is the most light hearted and funny player around in world football.

elsk

Banned
A Clasico final would be the biggest Champions League final. I really want us to beat Barcelona. Over one leg we are the better team, we know how to deal with them after the last match. Bayern is a much tougher opponent than Barcelona because Barca and Real know each other as their own back pocket already.

---

Btw, people have a wrong impression of Marcelo. He really is the most light hearted and funny player around in world football.

1961030_oa7kmg.gif

GorillaJu

I really hope it wont be a clasico final, we've had enough of them over the last year and they always turn ugly.

Indeed. If nothing other than a change of pace it, it'd be great to not have another clasico this year. They're too nervy and dramatic to be exciting.

I'd much more happily watch a Barça v Bayern or Chelsea v Real Madrid final.

GorillaJu

The OED entry for "swoop", in the context of football transfers, austerely states that any information in the midst of which this word appears is bullshit.

EXCLUSIVE: City plots £150m summer swoop for United wonderkid Paul Scholes and Barça starlet Carles Puyol

rodvik

In summary:

Jeff I really feel for you and your club. What a terrible year 8(

rodvik

Indeed. If nothing other than a change of pace it, it'd be great to not have another clasico this year. They're too nervy and dramatic to be exciting.

I'd much more happily watch a Barça v Bayern or Chelsea v Real Madrid final.

Agreed. A Chelsea v Bayern final would be the ultimate. Obviously thats not likely to happen though.

sneaky77

entertaining match,

Madrid is fucking fast on the counter. But they just sat back most of the game.

Munich deserve the victory but Madrid has the advantage I feel, playing a home and only needing 1-0 is what Mourinho wanted, but it will be tough to keep Bayern from scoring although they should have scored a couple more today.

The ref was good no issues, except I think Marcelo could have been shown the red card at the end.

rodvik

is the PL parachute money more than the money they get for TV rights?

really?!

No its not a substitute. Its 48Million over 4 years. But if you factor in many players have reduced wages in their contracts if relegated and/ or release clauses then Venkys could clear out the cost problem at Blackburn and then have a nicely profitable Championship club (gven the great support Blackburn enjoys).

Its not crazy at all to imagine they think relegation is a good thing to happen.

Choc

Banned
No its not a substitute. Its $48Million over 4 years. But if you factor in many players have reduced wages in their contracts if relegated and/ or release clauses then Venkys could clear out the cost problem at Blackburn and then have a nicely profitable Championship club (gven the great support Blackburn enjoys).

Its not crazy at all to imagine they think relegation is a good thing to happen.

parachute is 48 over 4 years?

what happens if you bounce back, i guess it stops?

elsk

Banned
entertaining match,

Madrid is fucking fast on the counter. But they just sat back most of the game.

Munich deserve the victory but Madrid has the advantage I feel, playing a home and only needing 1-0 is what Mourinho wanted, but it will be tough to keep Bayern from scoring although they should have scored a couple more today.

The ref was good no issues, except I think Marcelo could have been shown the red card at the end.

I could agree with you, but I think 1-1 was advantage to RM, 2-1 isn't. And still, they have something against them: playing against Barcelona before the 2nd leg against us. That sure is going to cost, they'll be tired and very likely to have a meltdown in motivation/momentum after losing 2 games in a row.

I think If Bayern play the cards correctly, they can win. Still, Bayern is very likely to lose a lot of players for the final (and RM too) all the backline of Bayern is one card away from suspension. I find it kind of stupid to carry the yellow cards records for so many games, they should make a reset for the semis, or at least letting the teams use the players in the final anyway (unless they're red carded or something).

I could agree with you, but I think 1-1 was advantage to RM, 2-1 isn't. And still, they have something against them: playing against Barcelona before the 2nd leg against us. That sure is going to cost, they'll be tired and very likely to have a meltdown in motivation/momentum after losing 2 games in a row.

I think If Bayern play the cards correctly, they can win. Still, Bayern is very likely to lose a lot of players for the final (and RM too) all the backline of Bayern is one card away from suspension. I find it kind of stupid to carry the yellow cards records for so many games, they should make a reset for the semis, or at least letting the teams use the players in the final anyway (unless they're red carded or something).

This is of course assuming Madrid loses to Barca this weekend, you guys take these things way too much for granted. Barcelona is far from Invincible I totally see them getting beaten this weekend, Madrid has been improving in each match they played assuming they will lose by default is really disingenuous.

Choc

Banned
Uhh.. you do realize the guy who did it was Rafael Marquez..right? It's not like this was just some random MLS unknown.

yeah i dont know who that is, but from what i read he is a psycho bastard on the field and this isnt the first

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
yeah i dont know who that is, but from what i read he is a psycho bastard on the field and this isnt the first
His off-the-field attitudes have always been disparaging. I'm surprised Red Bulls didn't try to get rid of him at the end of last season.

Meier

For reference:

He left the club (Barca) as one of the most successful foreigners ever to play for Barcelona, earning 12 titles during his 7 seasons with the club. He also scored 13 goals in 242 matches, making him the most-capped non-European player in the club's history and the eighth most capped foreigner.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafa_marquez

He's definitely one of the highest profile players in the league.

Rad-

This is of course assuming Madrid loses to Barca this weekend, you guys take these things way too much for granted. Barcelona is far from Invincible I totally see them getting beaten this weekend, Madrid has been improving in each match they played assuming they will lose by default is really disingenuous.

I think Madrid has been in quite disappointing form the past month or so. Nowhere near as dangerous looking as earlier in the season.

sneaky77

I don't think the result against Barca will affect the second leg, in fact losing to Barca may make Madrid come out harder to make sure they make the final

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
He should know better because of his age and veteran status.

Well at least Moreno is pretty much confirmed to go to the Olympics instead of him.

all I see in his eyes is $$$.

well no shit Moreno is gonna shore up the defense. come on now...thats a given.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
all I see in his eyes is $$$.

well no shit Moreno is gonna shore up the defense. come on now...thats a given.
He's probably the most-accomplished Mexican of all time too. Fucking arse.

Re: Moreno: I think Maza is a better CB than him, but his season has been disastrous at Stuttgart. He should have stayed at AZ Alkmaar.

Verano

He's probably the most-accomplished Mexican of all time too. Fucking arse.

Re: Moreno: I think Maza is a better CB than him, but his season has been disastrous at Stuttgart. He should have stayed at AZ Alkmaar.

uh_wtf_gif1.gif

man, I have to stop taking you seriously..

Blablurn

is it just me or did real seam very tired in the end? i mean, u can say a lot of about heynckess but u have to admit that our team looks pretty good in shape. i could see the same thing against dortmund. they were done. they just scored a lucky goal out of nowhere. we on the other hand, we're still able to put some pressure on them. the same yesterday.

Verano

is it just me or did real seam very tired in the end? i mean, u can say a lot of about heynckess but u have to admit that our team looks pretty good in shape. i could see the same thing against dortmund. they were done. they just scored a lucky goal out of nowhere. we on the other hand, we're still able to put some pressure on them. the same yesterday.

BAYERNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN to win easily at LPB stadium post-barca loss comfirmed.

Top Bottom