• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

faridmon

I am actually playing Brotherhood right now, and I can't say how disappointed it is. I might write a LTTP thread, but man... Its not a bad game, they did a lot of improvement on the battle system, but they added so much that it takes the magic of you being an assassin. And the assassination sucks.

Kyoufu

I'm not even going to touch ME3 with a ten-foot pole after that meltdown.

Why not? It's only the ending that caused the meltdown, which is hilarious because ME2 had an awful ending too yet people just had to overrate that game.

95% of ME3 is pretty F'n awesome.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
549389_360179560705745_100001411111977_1026798_1530316353_n.jpg

:lol

Carbonox

I am actually playing Brotherhood right now, and I can't say how disappointed it is. I might write a LTTP thread, but man... Its not a bad game, they did a lot of improvement on the battle system, but they added so much that it takes the magic of you being an assassin. And the assassination sucks.

I see a lot of people hype Brotherhood as the better game but I just cannot agree with the notion that it is. Brotherhood was all too samey for me, though it doesn't help that it's still in Italy. The story wasn't that good either. The Borgia guy who was this secretive and powerful dude in ACII was ended like he was nothing in Brotherhood and we had to put up with some douche as the main villain instead.

Why not? It's only the ending that caused the meltdown, which is hilarious because ME2 had an awful ending too yet people just had to overrate that game.

95% of ME3 is pretty F'n awesome.
I didn't like the changes in ME2 and ME3 is following the same path. The worst thing is that they've absolutely ruined Femshep's running animation. RUINED

I see a lot of people hype Brotherhood as the better game but I just cannot agree with the notion that it is. Brotherhood was all too samey for me, though it doesn't help that it's still in Italy. The story wasn't that good either. The Borgia guy who was this secretive and powerful dude in ACII was ended like he was nothing in Brotherhood and we had to put up with some douche as the main villain instead.

Burned out with assassins creed in Italy, all too samey now

The difference being that ME2 was the ending of the game in the middle. ME3 was supposed to be the ending of the damn series. I agree though that ME3 for the most part was good and better than ME2, shame that they tried to shoe horn
that fucking kid
in everywhere, it was so bad, bioware writers showing what monkeys they are, did anyone actually give a shit?

Carbonox

Fuck it, we need a Footy GAF top 5 games of the generation list. I'm sick of football for the weekend anyway so a nice change of pace is needed. :p

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Assassin's Creed II
3. Bayonetta
4. Deus-Ex Human Revolution
5. Batman Arkham City

YEEAAAAAAH

Zabojnik

Both Siena and Milan weren't playing anything close to football during the second half, I agree, but Siena had a lot of chances to score.

I don't get why there's always "something strange". Instead of just saying crap like this, people should try to explain the reasons behind this feeling. It's too easy this way. Nocerino scored a few minutes after Siena goal, I don't see anything strange with that.

No hard feelings TheLucifer, I was just quoting the commentator with 'something strange'. All I mean to say (and did so in my previous post) is that it just infuriates me when already saved teams don't give a fuck and don't even bother to hide it. If nothing else, it's disrespectful to the fans.

Anyway, I'm already in Juve - Lecce mode. 6 more points!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt... You're my favourite (after lunchbox obviously)

JUVEEEEE must be amazing to be closing in on a title. Beyond all your expectations surely :)

And yeah Assassin's Creed 2 was so surprising after the first one. Great game.

Yeah!

It's still bottle-able though. :p

I've said it before, but Assassin Creed is a terrible series. The story is a complete joke. It went from some templars vs assassins shit, to solar flares, ancient races and the destruction of mankind. They've no idea where they are going with that garbage. It will probably end with Assassins Creed 7: Stop the Nuke or something like that.

edit: I completely forgot all the Adam and Eve and the pieces of Eden stuff as well. Spend the entire game looking for things in order to put together a video that means absolutely nothing.

I've said it before, but Assassin Creed is a terrible series. The story is a complete joke. It went from some templars vs assassins shit, to solar flares, ancient races and the destruction of mankind. They've no idea where they are going with garbage. It will probably end with Assassins Creed 7: Stop the Nuke or something like that.
I didn't play the spin-offs, just AC1 and AC2, so what the shit?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
‏Conte left Mediaset Premium interview a little angrily when asked if Juve will have deserved Scudetto despite Muntari's goal

Sacchi: 'Il gol di Muntari? Beh, sono stati dati tanti rigori al Milan'.

faridmon

Yeah. The assassination and the tension loses its impact by being the same. But that wasn't my main complain. They just added to much fluff to the system, so many side stuff that helps and compliments the main stuff, which is bullshit. Why would I want to do that when I want to get on with my work and enjoy the game. Also, I hate the fact you have to do some secondary objections to gains 100% synchronisation.

More is not better in this case.
I didn't play the spin-offs, just AC1 and AC2, so what the shit?

AC 1 and 2 were good and had a great backdrop for a story that is is great if you follow them and not delve to deep on it. Hyperbole is Hyperbole

Fuck it, we need a Footy GAF top 5 games of the generation list. I'm sick of football for the weekend anyway so a nice change of pace is needed. :p

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Assassin's Creed II
3. Bayonetta
4. Deus-Ex Human Revolution
5. Batman Arkham City

YEEAAAAAAH

Alrighty

1. Uncharted 2
2. Witcher 2
3. Battlefield 3 (purely for multiplayer, campaign is meh)
4. Heavy rain (Yeah, even with the shitty plot holes, was also a sucker for Fahrenheit)
5. Saints row 3

Sage00

Once And Future Member
As a Celtic fan do you actually want Rangers to go out of existence?
There'll always be a team in Glasgow with a stadium in Govan who play in royal blue as long as there's people to support them. That's not only essential to the SPL's finances, but a massive boosts to Celtic's too - the Old Firm product is worth much more to Sky than Celtic alone.

The death of Rangers FC 1873, however, is hilarious.

Empty

oh god tomorrows game is getting close. need to distract myself better.

also mario galaxy is the best game of this gen.

No hard feelings TheLucifer, I was just quoting the commentator with 'something strange'. All I mean to say (and did so in my previous post) is that it just infuriates me when already saved teams don't give a fuck and don't even bother to hide it. If nothing else, it's disrespectful to the fans.

Anyway, I'm already in Juve - Lecce mode. 6 more points!

I didn't mean to offend you, I was talking about the commentator. :)

I agree, saved teams that don't give a fuck and gift points near the end of the championship are like the ones who have already won the scudetto and leave points for Reggina, so they can play in serie A the next season. Yup, we did that for a couple of year.

It seems that they don't actually care to become a better team, as long as they're with the big guys they're fine. Same thing goes with all the teams that are willing to kill somebody in order to reach the Europa League/Champions League in may, just to play like crap the playoffs. Like Roma last year, they got into the EL and lost at Thun. Which is kinda sad.

Btw, at this point I just want to win at Inter. It's all we've left, I want another 0-6 like a few years ago.
It will probably end with a draw or Inter winning 2-0
‏Conte left Mediaset Premium interview a little angrily when asked if Juve will have deserved Scudetto despite Muntari's goal

Sacchi: 'Il gol di Muntari? Beh, sono stati dati tanti rigori al Milan'.
This Muntari's goal thing is getting ridiculous. We had to play better at least 3-4 matches in the end of the year, and somebody is still thinking about it. I don't see the connection with the penalties but whatever, Sacchi lost his mind a few years ago.

And I agree with Bale, I will just never get the appeal of Ass Creed, was hyped for the first then it turned out to be rather shit. Tried the second and it was improved but still by the end of it, not that great. Then they just started releasing them yearly like fifa and it seemed like they were going to milk the shit out of it.

Dead space sucks too.

Slizz

I barely play console games that don't have an XBL mode in them, but Mirror's Edge might be my favorite game of all time. Thats probably because I limit myself to Multiplayer games almost exclusively. Last couple of years I've only bought FIFA's and COD's

EDIT: The soundtrack and visuals from Mirror's Edge are so awesome. Story was quick and concise, just loved it.

Meier

Modric's long range passing ability is just unreal. I'd love him at City but I'm not sure how he'd fit in without us selling off Nasri and I don't think that'll happen.

And I agree with Bale, I will just never get the appeal of Ass Creed, was hyped for the first then it turned out to be rather shit. Tried the second and it was improved but still by the end of it, not that great. Then they just started releasing them yearly like fifa and it seemed like they were going to milk the shit out of it.

Dead space sucks too.

Awww it's on now.

MPW

I barely play console games that don't have an XBL mode in them, but Mirror's Edge might be my favorite game of all time. Thats probably because I limit myself to Multiplayer games almost exclusively. Last couple of years I've only bought FIFA's and COD's

lol

im going in the opposite direction, im sick of cod

playing mass effect 3, so far so good

next i'll play resistance 3 sp or catherine

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
TheLucifer said:
Btw, at this point I just want to win at Inter. It's all we've left, I want another 0-6 like a few years ago. It will probably end with a draw or Inter winning 2-0

Fuck Inter. C'mon Milan, drop points to Atalanta and make it easy for us all. :'(

scarybore

Mass Effect 3 is shit. Playing The Witcher 2 after it only compounds that.

Shit is harsh, but the last 10 minutes pretty much destroyed most of my love for it. Mass Effect is my favourite new IP of the generation, and I've played the first 2 games about 20 times each but I can't get in the mood to play ME3 again and probably won't for a long, long time despite some of the great conclusions to plot lines and characters.

Witcher 2 is an astounding game though, doesn't treat you like a child nor beat you over the head with the obvious. Beautiful on a good PC too.

The death of Rangers FC 1873, however, is hilarious.

Can't say I find the death of any club hilarious. While I only listened on the radio, sounded like the crowd was pretty amusing and lighthearted on both sides today.

faridmon

Mine would be:

1- Assassins Creed 2
2- The World Ends With You
3- Battlefield bad Company 2
4- Nier
5- Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

I haven't played lot of Console games.

This is so wrong. The first was rubbish, but the second one made it playable which was its only problem, and it was an amazing journey throughout. Haven't played Dead Space though.

Top Bottom