• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

I don't see how Podolski is anything other than a direct replacement for Van Persie, which probably means Van Persie to City.
That is a reasonable assumption. He is not bad as a winger, but his qualities really shine as a center forward. So I think Wenger has CF role for him in mind.

Looks like Liverpool are finalising an 8 million deal for Rasmus Elm of AZ Alkmaar. From watching him a few times he looks to be a very good player with a good eye for a pass and strong in the tackle hopefully he will slot in nicely next to Lucas next season.
He's a good player.

United were interested in him a while back. There were similar rumours a deal had already been struck but it came to nothing.

Carbonox

I think the fact we have Chelsea on Wednesday will work in our favour.

We were sweeping teams away for 6 matches, using a variety of tactics suited to winning against them. For example, with Swansea, we knew how they played so we let them do just that, while utilising superior defence and superior counter-attacking to win. With Stoke, we know they're a physical team with the footballing capabilities of a one legged midget, so we played quick and decisive football, in order to avoid getting bullied in to mistakes.

With Wigan, we got too cocky and weren't used to such a winning streak that we completely underestimated one of the in-form sides in the league. We also incorporated a formation and tactics that were completely against what we were used to and what made us win so many times on the trot. It was as if we just didn't give two shits because we expected them to roll over for us. When they banged in two in succession, that was it. It was a shell shock for Newcastle.

With Chelsea however, the prospect is a smack back to reality and a much needed one given our aspirations for the season. We need to go back to playing to the opposition and how they play. We need to stick with the 4-3-3 that worked for us (two holding midfielders, not one) and go back to playing intelligent football. Dial it back a bit with the arrogance and get our focus back.

This is why I think we will beat Chelsea. At least, we have the ability to do so. If we go back to being rash and applying very little intelligence to our play, we'll be shrugged off like we're nothing. Luckily teams don't get cocky when facing Chelsea so hopefully our attitude is in the right place. Otherwise it will be the Wigan game all over.

Or maybe we should just park the bus and troll Chelsea.

Fady K

Just don't do it while your wife's around. lol

I think the best option is to go for the legless girl first. She's a fun character and the writing in that one is decent, reminiscent of what high school romances are. But yeah, don't play it with other people around lolol. Also: learn to love the multiple save files.

LOL, crazy concept for a game! No waifu for me yet :p

I made it into a multiquote!

In other news Koln just confirmed Podolski to Arsenal

It is an honor to feature you in one, Bale :p About time.

I expect United to lose. Hopefully I'm wrong, I don't like Mancini.

Motherfucking shit YES.

When he cried, I could not hold the tears back.

575041_10150730397532q9qer.jpg

I wish Welbz would marry that girl in your avatar just to see what the kids would look like eventually! They look quite similar somehow hahaha

Fady, you've been outFadied again.

I expect United to create a bazillion chances only for Welbeck to waste them all.

Pogba will score at the last minute.

Hey unfair! He used photos for every post almost :p I used words for the most part :p
regardless, hats off to the falcon.

Kyoufu

I think the fact we have Chelsea on Wednesday will work in our favour.

We were sweeping teams away for 6 matches, using a variety of tactics suited to winning against them. For example, with Swansea, we knew how they played so we let them do just that, while utilising superior defence and superior counter-attacking to win. With Stoke, we know they're a physical team with the footballing capabilities of a one legged midget, so we played quick and decisive football, in order to avoid getting bullied in to mistakes.

With Wigan, we got too cocky and weren't used to such a winning streak that we completely underestimated one of the in-form sides in the league. We also incorporated a formation and tactics that were completely against what we were used to and what made us win so many times on the trot. It was as if we just didn't give two shits because we expected them to roll over for us. When they banged in two in succession, that was it. It was a shell shock for Newcastle.

With Chelsea however, the prospect is a smack back to reality and a much needed one given our aspirations for the season. We need to go back to playing to the opposition and how they play. We need to stick with the 4-3-3 that worked for us (two holding midfielders, not one) and go back to playing intelligent football. Dial it back a bit with the arrogance and get our focus back.

This is why I think we will beat Chelsea. At least, we have the ability to do so. If we go back to being rash and applying very little intelligence to our play, we'll be shrugged off like we're nothing. Luckily teams don't get cocky when facing Chelsea so hopefully our attitude is in the right place. Otherwise it will be the Wigan game all over.

Or maybe we should just park the bus and troll Chelsea.

We can't do 4-3-3 at Stamford Bridge dude. It's going to have to be 4-5-1. Pretty much the same tactics used against Arsenal earlier except Cisse in place of Ba.

It's going to be a VERY tough game if we're going to get anything out of it.

Also, COME ON CITY! (Sorry Salazar)

edit: Maybe me rooting for City will be better for United :lol

vall03

so Podolski to Arsenal is now officially confirmed huh? But I hope this doesn't mean that RvP will leave... :(

and fuck! City - United is 2am in my timezone... looks like no sleep again for me. *sigh*

Hixx

Kyoufu, Hixx and Willkiller are dead to me. DEAD

Don't worry, when Man United inevitably lift the trophy at the SoL I will take a picture of it then film myself BURNING IT for your enjoyment

also mgs4 is the worst mgs it isnt even debatable the last hour or two is the only time I was truly enjoying it

Apart from those latex shaders.

merse.gif

I'm rooting for City. There's really only one team in the PL which I would really like to see win the title and that is Arsenal, if they're not in it than any other team apart from United.

Arnie

everyone is dead to me right now

my intestines are hanging out my bumhole

I hate this feeling. Before the FA Cup Semi I had pretty much zero sleep and I couldn't keep food down. I was sipping a Red Bull like a mad man. Saying that...

come on City

GorillaJu

Andres Iniesta: "Yes I have seen the news about a transfer to Liverpool but right now I'm just concentrating on the next game. When summer comes I am hoping the paperwork can be sorted and my future decided, whether it's in Barcelona or the great city of Liverpool. Anything can happen in football so we'll see."

pappe

Andres Iniesta: "Yes I have seen the news about a transfer to Liverpool but right now I'm just concentrating on the next game. When summer comes I am hoping the paperwork can be sorted and my future decided, whether it's in Barcelona or the great city of Liverpool. Anything can happen in football so we'll see."

real?

Arnie

God of War footage and the Manchester derby.

Today is a good day.

If God of War didn't have it's graphics it'd be just another linear action game with shallow mechanics, even shallower characters and an obsession with quick time events. Can't fathom the excitment for that franchise. I rented God of War 3 and didn't even bother finishing it.

GorillaJu

Lol just joining in the antics.

God, I wish.

If God of War didn't have it's graphics it'd be just another linear action game with shallow mechanics, even shallower characters and an obsession with quick time events. Can't fathom the excitment for that franchise. I rented God of War 3 and didn't even bother finishing it.

If God of War wasn't so fun to play, pretty to look at and brutally violent it wouldn't be as good a game.

You can make this same argument about any game ever created. All you're ever doing is pushing buttons and all games are linear unless they involve procedurely generated or player created content. They just give you the illusion of an organic storyline by plotting out multiple paths to take that still lead to pre-written conclusions.

Top Bottom