• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Meier

Stood outside the gym and listened to the Noel interview. Didn't expect it to last 20 minutes! Fuckin legend that guy, so knowledgable about football. Best interviewee ever.

Bumhead

Banned
they have more points already than some previous title winning sides.

A perfect example of how misleading and ultimately meaningless some stats like that are. And I wonder how much of that is down to the general shit quality of the division?

This Manchester United side is an absolute million miles away from some of the vintage title winning sides in the past.

ATF487

For the most part yes, although this was certainly a disappointment as United didn't even show up.

This is true, but I don't really expect these massively hyped games to be amazing games for footballing reasons, it's all based on the circumstances around them.

Most derby matches are like that, actually.

I want to know how you won the PL and then dropped off the face of the earth afterwards. :/

Well.....

Summer of 1995 two Decent prospects come over to ewood, one called Christophe Dugarry and his mate, forget his name Xinedine Xidane or something like that maybe, jack walker then famously said 'why do we need this French bloke when we have Tim Sherwood'

Both go home to their careers (which I presume amounted to nothing) and we sign Matty Holmes who turns up to his first day on the job in a sponsored Lada.

Love you Uncle Jack but that may have been the wrong decision.

Edit: kenny decided to take a job as director of football as soon as we won the league golf seemed more appealing

Kyoufu

Well.....

Summer of 1995 two Decent prospects come over to ewood, one called Christophe Dugarry and his mate, forget his name Xinedine Xidane or something like that maybe, jack walker then famously said 'why do we need this French bloke when we have Tim Sherwood'

Both go home to their careers (which I presume amounted to nothing) and we sign Matty Holmes who turns up to his first day on the job in a sponsored Lada.

Love you Uncle Jack but that may have been the wrong decision.

Edit: kenny decided to take a job as director of football as soon as we won the league golf seemed more appealing

Wow, mind blown.

Mind utterly blown.

Wow, mind blown.

Mind utterly blown.

Roy Keane also agreed to sign for us on a friday, then the fax machine broke so it was agreed he would sign on Monday morning, Ferguson intercepted him over the weekend and got him to sign for united, kenny didn't react well.

We were also very close to Batistuta.

Imagine Keane, Zidane, Shearer and Batistuta in the same team

Man I miss Zizou

K1LLER7

That would've been like a Galacticos team. Nice steal by Fergie.

jeff, you decided on a PL team to support if Blackburn go down?

K1LLER7

Stoke

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

ibhhA0JgJnDWU1.gif

They do play similarly to blackburn

Kyoufu

United fans, do you legitimately think City can throw away the game on Sunday? To me their movement is so fluid that I'm really scared for our Championship level defenders.

K1LLER7

United fans, do you legitimately think City can throw away the game on Sunday? To me their movement is so fluid that I'm really scared for our Championship level defenders.

before the 4-0 to wigan - Yes

after the 4-0 to wigan - No

Anything could happen, just get a good result. hoping for a cisse hat-trick.

edit: ^ if it's not your last year, you can bring it up next year, no?

Our team for next season looks decent.

----------------------Sir Chesney-------------------

---Sagna -------Koscielny ------Vermaelen-------Gibbs

-------The Ox -------- Song -------- Wilshere -------

Anyone but Walcott ------ RVP ------- Podolski -------

Wilbur

Banned
That's not your team for next season though. Vermaelen will be at left back with Mertesacker in the middle. Ox won't be starting. Walcott will.

DominoKid

To be fair City deserve it.

It would be an absolutely terrible endorsement of the standard in the Premier League if this Manchester United side won the league. I can't remember there being a worse Man U side than this for a long, long time.

And City winning it on goal differential against the worst United side says something better?

Arnie

I'm 90% sure my efforts to sign up for the Investigative Journalism module next year were fruitless. There was only a finite number of places available and I spent my morning tweaking indesign layouts for our student newspapers Witcher 2: EE review.

Looks like I'll have to take Political communication in Journalism instead. Sounds dross.

K1LLER7

looks good, Miyachi could get in the team too.

Not too sure about RVP though, think it'll be Chamakh instead.

At least one defender, midfielder and forward will be injured. You can guarantee that.

Dibbz

Makes too much sense so it'll never happen

Actually I've been disappointed with what little I've seen of Ryo. This is all based on the small highlights Bolton get on MotD but he seems to hardly be involved when he is playing.

Grats to City on todays win. They might not lead the way in which to assemble a title winning side but they do deserve to win based on their performances throughout the season.

GorillaJu

Actually I've been disappointed with what little I've seen of Ryo. This is all based on the small highlights Bolton get on MotD but he seems to hardly be involved when he is playing.

Grats to City on todays win. They might not lead the way in which to assemble a title winning side but they do deserve to win based on their performances throughout the season.

Really? He's been involved in pretty much every goal Bolton has had when he's on the pitch. Their goals over weekend were both created by him. He's been really good.

defel

I should really take an econometrics class, is it that much worse than intermediate stats?

I doubt its much more difficult than intermediate stats but Ive found econometrics a real struggle. There are so many qualitative aspects to it, nothing is black or white.

GorillaJu

I never had to take Econ in college. Not sure how the system is in the UK but in th states they offer college classes at most high schools, and if you pass the test at the end of the school year it counts for college credit.

I think my passing the AP Statistics course allowed me to skip an Econ/Stats class in college.

Econometrics is horrible stuff.

Carrick was really good tonight again IMO. He's been great this season. Really hope he keeps his form up next term. He's a fantastic player when on song.

Welbeck left the ground with one of those big protective shoe things on. I hope he's okay for the Euro's.

Top Bottom