• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Requeim

Good morning everyone!

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but there are string rumors buzzing around that Darren Fletcher has retired from football due to illness. I hope not for United cause he is a good player for them and I don't think anyone else can really fulfill his role.

That sucks, even more so because he's actually my favorite player :/

ElyrionX

Why didn't we ?

And why did we leave it until meaninglessly late to make changes ? Nani did one good thing, so far as I recall, in the whole goddamn match. Jones put in some crosses that would make fucking Bebe hang his head in shame.

And where the fuck is Clev ? He's not even on twitter.

Yeah, I can't believe Ferguson ditched Cleverley and had three goddamn strikers and two goddamn wingers on the bench. WTF?

Also, arguably with the exception of Park, Ferguson's lineup was utterly predictable. He always falls back on his trusted lieutenants for big games like these so anyone could have seen Giggs and Scholes in the starting lineup from miles away. The problem is Giggs and Scholes have rarely played well when fielded together in the past few years.

Park was only slightly surprising because he's not been getting many games recently though Ferguson' does have a strong historical precedent of using him in big games.

As for Jones, I can't believe how shit he has become over the course of the season. But after Rafael's performance against Everton last week, can you blame Ferguson for picking Jones? At least he didn't play him in the centre of defense.

I apologise Man Utd GAF for having to rely on us at the weekend. We'll try our darndest.

Some Manc bloke went mental lastnight in a pub in Newcastle at the final whistle. Like 90% of people there wanted City to win and we could tell he was getting majorly pissed. At the final whistle he smashed a glass, walked out of the pub and just stood at the side of the river with his head in his hands. It was amazing :lol

Blablurn

So, Van Bommel will return to PSV in june. Awesome player and man, I'm happy that he can finally return where he wanted to.

I'm less happy about our midfield, losing such a player is heavy. I keep reading about Keita, but it seems that Barcelona wants Thiago Silva instead of money. Not sure about that.

that was his big wish. glad it's really happening.

Carbonox

Some Manc bloke went mental lastnight in a pub in Newcastle at the final whistle. Like 90% of people there wanted United to win and we could tell he was getting majorly pissed. At the final whistle he smashed a glass, walked out of the pub and just stood at the side of the river with his head in his hands. It was amazing :lol

Ahahaha

Honestly, with Man City, we should just park the bus. No way will we out play them attack-wise.

Ahahaha

Honestly, with Man City, we should just park the bus. No way will we out play them attack-wise.

The general sentiment yesterday seemed to be if we lose to Chelsea then fuck it, if City beat us then so what, at least we'd be helping stopping United from winning the league. Everyone seemed to just accept the Europa and are more then happy with the season, and most people really....REALLY don't want United to get the title!

Also, fuck this hangover. For some reason I ended up waiting until I got home to eat my food and I managed to get chilli sauce all over me, Including my dick, I'm feeling the burn.

Wilbur

Banned
I apologise Man Utd GAF for having to rely on us at the weekend. We'll try our darndest.

Tired from what I think will be a loss at Chelsea and against a revitalised City... Don't worry about us. You go do your own thing and focus on 4th place! We shouldn't have to rely on anyone, we blew an 8 point lead with 6 games left. Indefensible.

Hixx

ibqQfUo8yrD3MI.jpg

choodi

Banned
I am going to be so conflicted this weekend.

I don't want Newcastle to lose against City, and I also don't want United winning the premiership.

Can't really have both...

Feorax

So it could be the title decider this weekend right? If City win and United lose, then even if United manage to draw level on points on the last game of the season, they surely wont be able to overturn the goal difference?

PaulLFC

Just noticed that Champions (official Champions League magazine) is free on Zinio. Just downloaded it on the iPad, no idea how good it is though!

Speaking of Zinio, does anyone know if you can pay in USD if you're not in the US? 12 issues of FourFourTwo is £32.99 on the UK Zinio, but only $11.99 (£7.40) on the US store for some reason. For that price, I wouldn't mind trying it out on iPad considering it's less than the cost of two issues from the shop.

snoopen

Don't forget about Olypmics football too.. could be interesting to see the youth.

Reading lots of rumours about Arsenal pushing Vertonghen transfer.. would be great.

Chrono

Banned
Some Manc bloke went mental lastnight in a pub in Newcastle at the final whistle. Like 90% of people there wanted United to win and we could tell he was getting majorly pissed. At the final whistle he smashed a glass, walked out of the pub and just stood at the side of the river with his head in his hands. It was amazing :lol

But his team (man city) won... Did you mean to write 90% of people did not want united to win?

Carbonox

Yeah, I think if we were to finish in the top 4, we'd have more of a case for him. I'm sure he'll go Arsenal though. Him and Coloccini would have been god tier. :(

I think the deal for Douglas is pretty much done though, so we'll have him and Pieters. One more CB wouldn't go amiss.

Carbonox

Lol Newcastle are targeting....

RAAAAAUUUUUUULLLLLLLLL!

Very much doubt it. Especially given his age. No way would we pay him what he'd expect. He should go to the middle east and get a year or two's worth of oil stock or whatever they pay players out there.

Top Bottom