• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Kyoufu

They should postpone the Chelsea game on Wednesday. The game benefits neither them nor Newcastle when it's a few days before a big weekend.

:(

McClean's won our YPotY award and Sess the overall. Agree with Sess but I reckon Colback deserved YPotY, such an underrated player. Works his bollocks off, excellent at breaking up opposition play and has wonderful technique, passing is superb (see his assist yesterday), and can play in numerous positions.

Couldn't really go to anyone but Sess for overall. McClean was always gonna be favourite for you g player because of the instant impact he had, created hype.

I agree that Colback is excellent though, definitely one of our best Players and has improved immensely since last season. Didn't he recently sign a long term contract?

Sloosha

Had to take compulsory economics, accounting and financial management classes as part of my engineering degree. Went in one ear and out the other.

Dibbz

Really? He's been involved in pretty much every goal Bolton has had when he's on the pitch. Their goals over weekend were both created by him. He's been really good.

Wait what? Are you sure? Don't remember him getting any assists. There was a header but Ryo was standing behind Davies and before that was a volley from Petrovs cross iirc

Dudes, I'm drunk. God damn though, so happy City won. Fergie going toe-to-toe with Mancini drew the biggest cheers of the night. If CChelsea beat us on wednesday then fuck it, I hope City fuck us on sunday tooQ

Lightning

Banned
Our team for next season looks decent.

----------------------Sir Chesney-------------------

---Sagna -------Koscielny ------Vermaelen-------Gibbs

-------The Ox -------- Song -------- Wilshere -------

Anyone but Walcott ------ RVP ------- Podolski -------
There will be a creativity problem with that team that will prevent us from challenging any of the top sides. IMO that midfield is weak and will not create the right amount of opportunities for Podolski or RVP.

elsk

Banned

-------The Ox -------- Song -------- Wilshere -------

Anyone but Walcott ------ RVP ------- Podolski -------

Podolski as winger? good luck with that.

Dibbz

-------Arteta -------- Song -------- Wilshere -------

--------Walcott ------ RVP ------- Ox -------

That's what I would say

No need to force Podolski in. He is a great option to have though. I know it's crazy, right Arsenal fans? Someone on the bench who can come on and make a difference. Park and Chamakh pls go.

GorillaJu

Wait what? Are you sure? Don't remember him getting any assists. There was a header but Ryo was standing behind Davies and before that was a volley from Petrovs cross iirc

Maybe I'm high as a kite right now, but I could swear it was Miyaichi's corner kick that got a goal and it was a series of passes that he was involved in for the other goal. Probably best I just look this up but... Meh. :D

Meier

Uggghhh, still don't have the Steam achievement for 6 goals in one game from one player.. just crushed poor little Freamunde who are in the Second Division of the Portuguese League 11-0.. 5 goals from both of my strikers. ><

elsk

Banned
Spanish speaking-gaf, I need help!
I'm starting a new project, a weblog about football (duh) mainly about honduran football and international football to some extend. But I can't figure out the freaking name, any help?

So far I got:
iKw1mL9sQnjpo.png

La Cantera is the only one I really like, but the domain is already taken :(
(Yes, fueradejuego.com is already taken too)

Any suggestion would be cool.

madmackem

"He was badgering the official the whole game - the fourth official and the linesman. As soon as I go out there, he's up again," Ferguson told Sky Sports. "He was complaining about referees the other week... he can't be complaining tonight, that's for sure."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1059607/man-utd-boss-sir-alex-ferguson-explains-roberto-mancini-spat

KuGsj.gif

Fergie straight up trolling there, hes the worst for that stuff in the whole league. There is a reason people call it fergie time, pot and some sort of kettle mr fergie.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm starting a new project, a weblog about football (duh) mainly about honduran football and international football to some extend. But I can't figure out the freaking name, any help?

So far I got:
http://i.minus.com/iKw1mL9sQnjpo.png

Is Villamelones.com already taken? I suggest Pechos Fríos too.

elsk

Banned
Was the supposed 11mil fee a bargin or not? Hardly know the player except for a few internationals with Germany.

Well, if he is played as winger you sure will regret it. Also, he's very inconsistent to say something... Still, if he plays as striker he could do good.
btw, we (Bayern) are getting part of the transfer fee :D

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

So far I got:
iKw1mL9sQnjpo.png

la cantera total..me likey....also post hot honduran women pix plz.

dc89

Good morning everyone!

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but there are string rumors buzzing around that Darren Fletcher has retired from football due to illness. I hope not for United cause he is a good player for them and I don't think anyone else can really fulfill his role.

Oxx

That would be a shame. I was actually reading something yesterday on the Guardian site about what he is suffering from, and I can't imagine playing professional sport with something like that.

Salazar

why wouldn't they?

Why didn't we ?

And why did we leave it until meaninglessly late to make changes ? Nani did one good thing, so far as I recall, in the whole goddamn match. Jones put in some crosses that would make fucking Bebe hang his head in shame.

And where the fuck is Clev ? He's not even on twitter.

Why didn't we ?

And why did we leave it until meaninglessly late to make changes ? Nani did one good thing, so far as I recall, in the whole goddamn match. Jones put in some crosses that would make fucking Bebe hang his head in shame.

And where the fuck is Clev ? He's not even on twitter.

I don't fucking know man. I don't fucking know.

True enough, we didn't push like we had to. We obviously were playing for a draw, I don't even fucking know why the hell would they want to play for that. Overall it was a dissapointing performance, not just last night, last few fixtures too. Wtf was up with that shit with Everton. For fucks sake.

I don't know where Super Tom is, probably depressed somewhere.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
For the first time Harry Redknapp has admitted his managerial team believe the Football Association's 12-week process to find a new England manager has affected Tottenham Hotspur: "Some people will feel it has, people who work with me think it's definitely had an effect but I don't know really, I'm not sure," he said.

He admits it at last.

Fur_Q

ibzYv7FJr53oMa.gif
ibzYv7FJr53oMa.gif

ibzYv7FJr53oMa.gif
ibzYv7FJr53oMa.gif

ibzYv7FJr53oMa.gif
ibzYv7FJr53oMa.gif

ibzYv7FJr53oMa.gif
ibzYv7FJr53oMa.gif

Show em how its done Vinny. Luv ya.

Newcastle is going be some fucking battle now. Shitting it more now than last night.

Fuck my head hurts.

So, Van Bommel will return to PSV in june. Awesome player and man, I'm happy that he can finally return where he wanted to.

I'm less happy about our midfield, losing such a player is heavy. I keep reading about Keita, but it seems that Barcelona wants Thiago Silva instead of money. Not sure about that.

Top Bottom