• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pfft, he's coming to Newcastle. :p

Nah, he's coming to Spurs.

snoopen said:
really? vermaelen or mediocrity.. hmm. tough choice :p

Vermaelen hasn't even been that good this season. He's no good at LB and he's made plenty of gaffes when played in the middle recently. I suppose his goals make up for that but Koscielny has been much more consistent than him this season.

Carbonox

Nah, he's coming to Spurs.

zILiE.gif

Carbonox

Chris Hughton linked to the WBA job? The fuck is going on? The Midlands appears to be the sloppy seconds and thirds of the footballing world.

Carbonox

I'll be so annoyed if RDM doesn't keep the Chelsea job. I think he can achieve something amazing with the club, as if his achievements so far haven't been stunning enough. Couple of smart acquisitions and sales and Chelsea could well be competing for the title again next season.

Kyoufu

Chris Hughton linked to the WBA job? The fuck is going on? The Midlands appears to be the sloppy seconds and thirds of the footballing world.

I was thinking about it yesterday but I came to the conclusion that he's better off at Reading since he knows the club and players already.

He'd do a fine job at WBA too though.

Carbonox

I was thinking about it yesterday but I came to the conclusion that he's better off at Reading since he knows the club and players already.

He'd do a fine job at WBA too though.

Yeah, I really want to see him manage in the Premier League again. Such a likeable guy.

Kyoufu, holy shit at you blitzing the shame list for this topic. :p

Feorax

I'll be so annoyed if RDM doesn't keep the Chelsea job. I think he can achieve something amazing with the club, as if his achievements so far haven't been stunning enough. Couple of smart acquisitions and sales and Chelsea could well be competing for the title again next season.

It's a dangerous game though. Most people at the end of last season said the same about Kenny, although not at the same level obviously.

Carbonox

It's a dangerous game though. Most people at the end of last season said the same about Kenny, although not at the same level obviously.

No offence to Liverpool but they made some really bad purchases and have much more work to be done on the squad still (incoming, outgoing). That's a bit of a different project but yes, I understand your point.

faridmon

Yeah, last nigts game was quite good, except for some moents in the second half. Especially the last 10 min was quite tense and it was just funny to see us all screaming shoot to Nasri while he wanted to dance around the penalty area.

We are playing against Stoke tonight. Hate them! hopefully no gets injured...

and hopefully we smash them 4-0

Kyoufu

Yeah, I really want to see him manage in the Premier League again. Such a likeable guy.

Kyoufu, holy shit at you blitzing the shame list for this topic. :p

Er oops, did I say Reading?

I meant Birmingham. They can pull it off in the play-offs. Believe.

If not then yeah, he'd probably eye a move to WBA. Would be great to see him back in the PL.

If there was no injury time at Old Trafford, we'd be 2 behind City on GD...

FUCK YOU FERGIE TIME

I'm still amazed there was 5 minutes of it last night.

Scum

Damn. The TDKR trailer is fine. :eek:

And a little off-topic. I left the save file I started yesterday running in holiday mode and here's 3 pics of interest. It's 2026.

La Liga past winners
LaLigaPastWinners.png

PL past winners
EPLPastWinners.png

CL past winners
CLPastWinners.png

Pogba has apparently agreed to join Juventus, as has Verratti. For the later, it seems like he's happy to sit behind Pirlo for the next little while which, to be fair, is what he needs as Pirlo's heir. Soak it up, learn from the master, and then step into the role. With Buoy and Gabriel Appelt, Giandonato, Sorensen, Laili, Branescu.... Marotta looks like he has signed the next generation of Serie A stars. Amazing work,

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Are you really sure you want to know...? Okay then...

Some more...

ML1XE.gif

ML1XE.gif

ML1XE.gif

Pogba has apparently agreed to join Juventus, as has Verratti. For the later, it seems like he's happy to sit behind Pirlo for the next little while which, to be fair, is what he needs as Pirlo's heir. Soak it up, learn from the master, and then step into the role. With Buoy and Gabriel Appelt, Giandonato, Sorensen, Laili, Branescu.... Marotta looks like he has signed the next generation of Serie A stars. Amazing work,

Amazing work indeed. Verratti <3

59GQ9.jpg

dc89

The last man standing in the way of #mcfc's £100m standard-setting training complex, Liaqat Ali, has backed down. [Manchester Evening News]

GOOD! City can now go ahead with plans to create the best youth facilities English football has ever seen now that has been taken care of.

---

The poor City store :( Damn United vandal! I'm surprised they didn't actually just break in and steal the three 27" iMacs they have at the front of the shop.

Scum

Not much better in this shot...

jbbqnddhNgGrK5.jpg

"Morning 'Arry. Guess what..."

Seriously, though. I remember one of my World Soccer magazine mentioned that Hodgson was the right man for England and should have been in charge years ago, 'specially with the CV he has. Better later than never, I suppose.

Meier

And then he got one of him and Liam.

:D

Good stuff! Although I've always been a "Noel guy," I am still a huge fan of Liam's and would have flipped my shit in the same situation.

Little Aguero is going to be the next Messi with those genes!

Meier

It seems like every article I read makes Tevez's absence 1 month shorter. I've now read a few which referred to it as 3 months. :lol

Top Bottom