• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Not sure if it's been posted... The Sun "Bwing it on: Woy's Euwo joy as he gets England job" wow, having a go at the guy's speech. Really?

Edit: it's affectionate apparently. Oh well, news to me.

Zabojnik

I sometimes wonder if any of you guys even have work. I'm just doing the 9 to 5 shift here..every single day =P

Two jobs, both with a very flexible schedule and internet / TV at the ready. Which is great 'cause I'm not likely to miss a single Juventus game, but sucks for pretty much everything else ... Still, I can't really complain.

Wessiej

Not sure if it's been posted... The Sun "Bwing it on: Woy's Euwo joy as he gets England job" wow, having a go at the guy's speech. Really?

Edit: it's affectionate apparently. Oh well, news to me.
What did you expect from The Sun? That they wish him the best of luck? lololol

dc89

What did you expect from The Sun? That they wish him the best of luck? lololol

I expect a classic Sun move. It goes something like this:

This week you'll see a "Roy not the right man" kinda headline.

In 4 years time when England have been hyped up and fall again you'll see a "The Sun told you 4 years ago", with a picture of that papers back page.

I can't understand the media's hard on for Harry. Sure he's a decent manager, but let's be honest, Roy has as much chance at success as Harry would have. Also, Hodgson comes across as a nice bloke.

dc89

I can't understand the media's hard on for Harry. Sure he's a decent manager, but let's be honest, Roy has as much chance at success as Harry would have. Also, Hodgson comes across as a nice bloke.

Harry+Redknapp+arriving+at+the+clubs+training+ground+this+morning

Salazar

Bring it back to football, dc.

This season, without posts and crossbars, without a few key injuries, with some luck, and without a media fucking witch hunt and disgraceful treatment of one of our players by the FA, we would have easily finished in the top four. But we haven't even though they all played a factor to some extent.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Liverpool overpaid for many mediocre players and their manager doesn't really know what he's doing. The exact same shit happened with Ramos and Comolli at Spurs. Won the League Cup, then the league form went to shit for the rest of the year.

Wessiej

Liverpool overpaid for many mediocre players and their manager doesn't really know what he's doing. The exact same shit happened with Ramos and Comolli at Spurs. Won the League Cup, then the league form went to shit for the rest of the year.
But but...they paid the EXACT right price for Caroll

dc89

HsKC6.jpg

Not really funny.

They've gone to far with it like usual. It's safe to say that Roy has been involved in banter and the such probably at football clubs where some one has joked about his speech and he probably took it in good nature. But that takes it too far.

Would they take the piss if he was an amputee?

I'm for giving Roy a chance, the Sun and certain parts of the media are just pissed off they didn't get the change they wanted. But when you weigh it up, it's not a bad appointment.

Roy: 8 titles (I think, and saved West Brom from relegation)
Harry: 0 titles (relegated with Portsmouth)

Roy: Speaks 5 languages
Harry: Admitted he isn't the best reader and writer of one language (did The Sun take the piss?)

I could go on, but I gotta go to work!

Later GAF!

He turned out to be a spineless money whore. Couldn't even be bothered to fight back vs. Lewandowski after an injury at the Copa America and now he just follows the $$ at the age of 27..

GorillaJu

We definitely overpaid for Downing and Carroll but the other transfers I don't think are too bad.

Henderson at 16m is definitely suspect, but of our English signings he's the most promising.

Suarez, Enrique, Coates and Adam were all priced just fine.

Anyway I don't think Kenny is clueless. I think the team is letting him down.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Anyway I don't think Kenny is clueless. I think the team is letting him down.

Eh, the same thing happened with Kenny at Newcastle. Started off well but made awful signings and league form was ghastly in his second season. Obviously the players are the main problem but he's the one who bought them. If he thought they were good enough or that they suited his system, he was clearly wrong.

Shame about Barrios.

On the other side, I kinda get why he moves to China. When the only club interested in you is Fulham (no offense) after you played a big role in Dortmund's championship winning side and even Fulham doesn't want to pay €8m, it's always a step down leaving BVB.

Wilbur

Banned
Shame about Barrios.

On the other side, I kinda get why he moves to China. When the only club interested in you is Fulham (no offense) after you played a big role in Dortmund's championship winning side and even Fulham doesn't want to pay €8m, it's always a step down leaving BVB.

I guess so, but he can go prove himself in a competitive league where he's going to start at least. Pretty obvious he's doing it for money.

Must have been recently, only like 5 days ago there was some dailymail thread about some girl pulling out all the teeth of her ex.

I'm sorry if you don't read spanish but Sid Lowe just tweeted this.

http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/ruben-uria/honor-honor-merece-234857114.html

'slowclap'

____

Regulus

I don't. Chrome can translate it but I can't waste my time on Spanish football! Instead I am going to go and read Danish football news, the true world class together with Premier League and Serie a. The A League is catching up though.

Top Bottom