• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Carbonox

Oh nice. When was this?

Can't remember what got it finally banned but it wasn't that long ago. Some point last month I believe.

Btw, did anyone else see the TripAdvisor survey on top 10 UK places?:

1. London
2. Edinburgh
3. Liverpool
4. Torquay
5. Glasgow
6. Belfast
7. Manchester
8. Blackpool
9. Birmingham
10. Llandudno

:lol

Manager

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...-stars-as-part-of-170m-football--academy-plan

- City owners has set aside £170m for the Etihad Campus project
- Pledged a permanent home-grown prescence in first-team squad starting year 2027

But people will still believe the owners abandon the club anytime now.

Khaldoon, the chairman, was responsible for a lot of construction work in Abu Dhabi. All this is more than just buying a team, they've planned so much more. Plus, it's good for Manchester: this will create a lot of jobs for the city and upgrade a location that apparently was in rough shape.

Carbonox

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...-stars-as-part-of-170m-football--academy-plan

- City owners has set aside £170m for the Etihad Campus project
- Pledged a permanent home-grown prescence in first-team squad starting year 2027

But people will still believe the owners abandon the club anytime now.

Khaldoon, the chairman, was responsible for a lot of construction work in Abu Dhabi. All this is more than just buying a team.

All that money and they don't invest in fancy restaurants in Manchester so that they can keep their best players.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

What does that mean and why would it take 15 years? I thought we all had to have home grown players in the 25 man squad.

Salazar

Just spotted a reality tv bird said:
485823_101507366928075tehr.jpg

FeD.nL

Word is Ajax is now interested in Chivu (as replacement for Vertonghen, they were allready last winter) and Elia (if Narsingh can't be bought for a decent price).

Elia would be awesome, and i'd love to see Chivu back in our kit.

bjaelke

SHOCKING NEWS: FIFPro say UEFA have rejected appeal to have suspensions of six Chelsea and Bayern Munich players overturned for CL final.

Hixx

Anybody suggesting puns etc for the topic title should hang their heads in shame.

I will pay whoever makes OT10 (in the choice of my avatar as long as its not bannable) to not use ANY subtitle.

For shits and giggles.

Kelly Brook has a perfect body. Kardashian's arse looks ridiculous.

|OT| Winning isn't important, it's the only thing that matters. * * *

Hey Yurt, 3 questions for you.
1) will Juve be willing to let Giovinco go? I hear you still have a stake in his contract or something (seems like it's one of those weird Italian contracts).
2) is this a reliable source?
http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/giovinco-ci-sono-anche-malaga-e-borussia-dortmund/
3) Is Giovinco great or THE greatest? lol :(

I'm going to answer this for Yurt because I think I can :D

1. Unlikely. Conte seems to really like Giovinco and the player himself seems to be eyeing Del Piero's #10 shirt. We own half of his contract with Parma in mutual ownership. If we cannot agree to terms to resolve the ownership (or agree to a sale, or agree to extend the co-ownership), then it goes to a blind auction where the team with the highest bid for the player wins. I think we'll end up taking up his other half of the contract (which, I might add, we sold to Parma for something stupid like 3mil Euro) and he'll compete with Mirko Vucinic for a spot.

2. Di Marzio is no better than Tuttosport who, to give you an indication of their reliability, once ran this headline:
tuttosport.jpg

Messi to Juve is possible[/img]
So yeah, no--Di Marzio isn't worth your time.

3. Giovinco is a good to great player with a shitty, selfish attitude who always puts himself in front of the shirt. He's not a cunt but he's really said a lot of things to rankle Juventus fans who have long supported his integration into the squad. If he comes back he'll have to do quite a lot on and off the pitch to win back supporters like me.

Rikkun

1. Unlikely. Conte seems to really like Giovinco and the player himself seems to be eyeing Del Piero's #10 shirt. We own half of his contract with Parma in mutual ownership. If we cannot agree to terms to resolve the ownership (or agree to a sale, or agree to extend the co-ownership), then it goes to a blind auction where the team with the highest bid for the player wins. I think we'll end up taking up his other half of the contract (which, I might add, we sold to Parma for something stupid like 3mil Euro) and he'll compete with Mirko Vucinic for a spot.

2. Di Marzio is no better than Tuttosport who, to give you an indication of their reliability, once ran this headline:

3. Giovinco is a good to great player with a shitty, selfish attitude who always puts himself in front of the shirt. He's not a cunt but he's really said a lot of things to rankle Juventus fans who have long supported his integration into the squad. If he comes back he'll have to do quite a lot on and off the pitch to win back supporters like me.

My two cents:

1- Giovinco stay where you are, you and your #10, please thanks bye.
2- Di Marzio is not that bad. He'e been saying we already bought Pogba for months, just a matter of signs.
3- Giovinco is a wonderful player for a mid team, like Diamanti, Denis, Muriel for the ones following Serie A.

I'd like to ask something too.

It this where Milan AC tonight starts to win the scudetto? :(

Arjen

Word is Ajax is now interested in Chivu (as replacement for Vertonghen, they were allready last winter) and Elia (if Narsingh can't be bought for a decent price).

That would be sweet, think Narsingh wil come though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gomes still in Harry's plans?

“There are players to build a team around here. Even [Heurelho] Gomes has been unlucky, I still think Gomes has got the potential to be a top goalkeeper. It’s just that I brought Brad [Friedel] in and he’s not played this year - but next year Gomes could be a great keeper at this club.

“Brad’s been great but I still wouldn’t write Gomes off. Next year he could come back and really challenge for a place.”

Why didn't you send him on loan then, you fool. When he is confident, Gomes is top drawer. He would never have let that QPR free-kick go in the other week. In 09/10 Gomes was a beast.

Slizz

^^^That jacket is pretty damn sweet actually

Can't believe I missed when this thread turned into a semi hot women thread. I'd love to spread knowledge.

Salazar

Caroline Flack is hot. Kim Kardashian is hot. Clegg is hot.

Fuck you.

"Some of them will definitely go out again next season: potentially the two Keane brothers, Tom Thorpe, Davide Petrucci, Zeki Fryers and Matty James, who was out for a year-and-a-half through injury but is back now and playing well for the Reserves. Marnick Vermijl will probably stay here for another year yet."

First I've heard of Marnick Vermijl. He must be amazing.

Oxx

I was watching the 95/96 FA Cup final and I had forgotten the time when there were only three potential subs on the bench.

It seems like Elia's form is very very volatile & he's quite moody too.
Congrats on the championship.

Thanks for the saddening answers :/ Let's see how it pans out..
Yeah, he does seems like he's full of himself. When you signed Diego, he supposedly said something along the lines of: "why would you that if you got me?" lol

/edit
Thanks to you too, Rikkun.

Holy shit. That was four pages ago. You guys are still arguing about who's hot?

Soccer Triads 10% discount code: SOCC121

I still haven't received my kits, but I sent them an email today. I'll keep everyone updated on my situation.

Clegg

Who do you think will leave United in the Summer?

Right now I think we'll sell Berba and Macheda. We'll probably release Owen because no-one will actually want to pay money for him.

PIG must be going too. Haven't even seen him play in years.

Carbonox

Sol should have retired after Portsmouth. I feel ashamed to say that he played for Newcastle. God damn he was bad.

Clegg, who's PIG?

Wilbur

Banned
You are technically sound and solid at the back.

UsiJl.gif

Who do you think will leave United in the Summer?

Right now I think we'll sell Berba and Macheda. We'll probably release Owen because no-one will actually want to pay money for him.

PIG must be going too. Haven't even seen him play in years.

Kuzszczazszkszsazskdzaksz is definitely going. Fabio on loan, I think Scholes will retire. Berba and Macheda will go, I think Owen will stay another season. I reckon Park might go as well.

We need one right back, one left back, two centre midfielders, one wide midfielder and one striker.

Top Bottom