• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Carbonox

Kuzszczazszkszsazskdzaksz is definitely going. Fabio on loan, I think Scholes will retire. Berba and Macheda will go, I think Owen will stay another season. I reckon Park might go as well.

We need one right back, one left back, two centre midfielders, one wide midfielder and one striker.

De Gea

Simpson
Vidic
Smalling
Santon

Valencia
Cabaye
Tiote
Nani

Rooney
Cisse

You know you want it.

Yes, yes, Simpson being a questionable choice there but he's been one of the best full-backs in the league this season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Former Arsenal, Tottenham and England defender Sol Campbell has retired from football

At least his embarrassing final years provided me some amusement.

Kenka

UsiJl.gif
The question may have been asked before but is there a Youtube link to the video this gif came from ?

Kyoufu

Hayley McQueen just said on SSN that the Chelsea-Newcastle game is Live on Sky Sports 1 tonight....

what? I thought it wasn't going to be on.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hayley McQueen just said on SSN that the Chelsea-Newcastle game is Live on Sky Sports 1 tonight....

what? I thought it wasn't going to be on.

Spurs-Bolton is still on right?

EDIT: According to the Sky Guide only Spurs-Bolton is live.

Clegg

Kuzszczazszkszsazskdzaksz is definitely going. Fabio on loan, I think Scholes will retire. Berba and Macheda will go, I think Owen will stay another season. I reckon Park might go as well.

We need one right back, one left back, two centre midfielders, one wide midfielder and one striker.

I think we'll sign a new midfielder and a full back.

Oh, and a new winger because SAF just can't help himself.

I sincerely hope we sign someone for midfield. We've needed new blood for the last 3 years.

Wilbur

Banned
De Gea

Simpson
Vidic
Smalling
Santon

Valencia
Cabaye
Tiote
Nani

Rooney
Cisse

You know you want it.

Yes, yes, Simpson being a questionable choice there but he's been one of the best full-backs in the league this season.

BEST TEAM EVER

But out of them, I'd only take the midfield two. We need another back up striker, not a starter with Welbeck and Hernandez around. Just a better back up than Owen.

Carbonox

BEST TEAM EVER

But out of them, I'd only take the midfield two. We need another back up striker, not a starter with Welbeck and Hernandez around. Just a better back up than Owen.

Fine, have Shola Ameobi then if you don't want Cisse. :( He's prolific in Europe and against Sunderland so you will need him!

Wilbur

Banned
The question may have been asked before but is there a Youtube link to the video this gif came from ?

I can't remember what it's called :/ I just find that gif hilarious. I can't even remember the guy's name.

MAJOR LAZER

I think we'll sign a new midfielder and a full back.

Oh, and a new winger because SAF just can't help himself.

I sincerely hope we sign someone for midfield. We've needed new blood for the last 3 years.

We'll get a right back and a centre midfielder for sure. WE NEED A FUCKING LEFT BACK THOUGH WE REALLY FUCKING DO. Evra spends all his fucking time standing on left wing or centre back.

Salazar

Evra just stands there in no mans land as if he needs to be ready to back up the midfielder who is doing his fucking job for him.

If someone else is doing your job

A) bellow at them to fuck off
B) find something remotely useful to do

This is instinct. It's not even on a theoretical level.

Roma are closing in on Villas-Boas apparently. Luis Enrique wants to quit because he's burnt out and exhausted, and because he's failed to win over Roma fans and the press.

Oxx

I hope they at least cut-away to all the goals in the Newcastle-Chelsea match while they show the inevitable 0-0 between Bolton and Spurs.

We'll get a right back and a centre midfielder for sure. WE NEED A FUCKING LEFT BACK THOUGH WE REALLY FUCKING DO. Evra spends all his fucking time standing on left wing or centre back.

The Clyne rumours make sense for a reason - a fullback that can play either side. But I think SAF will and should stick with Rafael at right back. Playing Jones instead against City was a silly overreaction to the Everton game.

Crossing my fingers for Kagawa and M'Vila, otherwise. I'm sure the reality will be underwhelming, mind. Worst case scenario: Gaitan and "Anderson and Fletcher returning will be like signing new players". Doubt we'll get another striker, though - who's good enough that would come in and settle for the bench? More likely that we just keep Owen or promote from within.

Wilbur

Banned
Roma are closing in on Villas-Boas apparently. Luis Enrique wants to quit because he's burnt out and exhausted, and because he's failed to win over Roma fans and the press.

Good appointment if true; faster more direct style of play, if still pretty different than some Italian teams may be used to. Enrique should be Tito's assistant manager

Aphex Twin and Chris Cunningham are still king in both disturbance and style (and music-wise too).

Giovinco to Dortmund would be awesome.

Aphex Twin is so awesome

Moobabe

The Clyne rumours make sense for a reason - a fullback that can play either side. But I think SAF will and should stick with Rafael at right back. Playing Jones instead against City was a silly overreaction to the Everton game.

Crossing my fingers for Kagawa and M'Vila, otherwise. I'm sure the reality will be underwhelming, mind. Worst case scenario: Gaitan and "Anderson and Fletcher returning will be like signing new players". Doubt we'll get another striker, though - who's good enough that would come in and settle for the bench?

At least doicare will be happy!

Wilbur

Banned

Crossing my fingers for Kagawa and M'Vila, otherwise. I'm sure the reality will be underwhelming, mind. Worst case scenario: Gaitan and "Anderson and Fletcher returning will be like signing new players". Doubt we'll get another striker, though - who's good enough that would come in and settle for the bench?

Clyne would be a good signing but I don't think he'll depose Evra. SAF seems to have a lot of faith in Evra for some reason, I've got no fucking idea why.

Yeah, I think we have a chance of Kagawa but doubt we'll get anyone else if Fletcher's coming back. I wouldn't mind a punt on a striker a la Henrik Larsson, someone that isn't a permacrock like Owen but will get us goals when brought on.

I'd like to ask something too.

It this where Milan AC tonight starts to win the scudetto? :(

It's difficult to say because if we're going to lose I think it'll be against Lecce or Cagliari, though I'm more afraid of the latter. If we slip up in one game then we're unlikely to recover.

Wilbur

Banned
Making a team on FIFA out of my fave Prem players. But they need to wear a sexy hot kit they can run around in. What's the best kit home/away/third kit in the league?

I'm leaning towards Liverpool's grey one or Newcastle's mostly black one.

Hixx

Haha wow Tulisa was named sexiest woman in the world by FHM? Tulisa?! Cheryl Cole was number 2. Yeah, FHM is run by chavs.

I went looking to see what the craic was thanks to this post.

Who gives a shit about FHM's top 100? Keeley Hazell is going to take her clothes off again next month!11

Jessie J and Pippa Middleton in the top 20 hahahaha

Carbonox

I'd let Tulisa suck me off but not in a million years is she the sexiest. Cheryl Cole is hot as well but still. Such a stupid list.

Marion Cotillard is a beautiful gal.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd let Tulisa suck me off but not in a million years is she the sexiest. Cheryl Cole is hot as well but still. Such a stupid list.

Marion Cotillard is a beautiful gal.

Hahahaha echoes my sentiments completely.

Actually I wouldn't even let Tulisa do that, she's fucking awful at it

Wilbur

Banned
Didn't even make the list. I like of the top 20, 3/4 are British. 'World' indeed. Miranda Kerr is behind Fearne Cotton and Cher Lloyd. Even IGN would stuggle to put together a list this bad.

The fuck? She's not on the list but Cher Lloyd is?

What the fuck is this the fuck is happening here why on earth has this been allowed to be created what the fuck is wrong with people's fucking eyeballs

I went looking to see what the craic was thanks to this post.

Who gives a shit about FHM's top 100? Keeley Hazell is going to take her clothes off again next month!11

Jessie J and Pippa Middleton in the top 20 hahahaha

This is relevant to my interests. I require further information.

Top Bottom