• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Slizz

Is Bar Rafaeli on this list?

She might be my favorite international, and high up on the general list as well

bar-rafaeli-tennis-o.gif

Her on twitter today:

76ca9424944811e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

dc89

It's dc89

What's me?!

---

Interesting about Silva:

David Silva has indicated he would like to stay at Manchester City beyond the two years remaining on his current deal though the playmaker is focusing on helping the club win a first title since 1968.

Asked if he will be interested when offered a fresh contract this summer Silva said: "What I'm thinking about is the next match on Sunday. I've got two years left on my contract and I've always said I'll be happy to stay here. I'm not thinking of an extension to my contract at the moment."

The 26-year-old midfielder also confirmed he is still troubled by the ankle problem that required surgery in 2008 and which has affected his performances during the latter part of the campaign. "I've been quite unlucky in the second half of the season because not only have I been knocked and knocked and knocked on the same ankle that's caused me a lot of trouble but just at the moment when I felt the worst physically we had a dip in form as a team," he said.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/02/david-silva-contract-manchester-city?CMP=twt_gu

Damiao's agent:
I know [Juventus director's] Paratici and Marotta much better than Real Madrid's directors-- Juventus is better, I have no doubts."

Mmm.... dat Marotta working his magic. Even if it isn't him, I'm glad to here us linked with top-tier players and not something like

REPORT: Juventus looking to sign Andrea Caracciolo (we were linked to him not that long ago).

Then again, a certain Brazilian playing for Juventus rings in my mind and in short I am afraid.

elsk

Banned
3. Giovinco is a good to great player with a shitty, selfish attitude who always puts himself in front of the shirt. He's not a cunt but he's really said a lot of things to rankle Juventus fans who have long supported his integration into the squad. If he comes back he'll have to do quite a lot on and off the pitch to win back supporters like me.

Idk, he sounds like Dortmund material!

I'd marry Cheryl.

And I'd be faithful.

Someone of my Facebook fucked her back in the day. Probably not much to be proud of when she was 16 and as common as they come but still, he can actually go to bed at night knowing he's had his penis inside Cheryl Tweedy (fuck you Ashley).

Carbonox

Someone of my Facebook fucked her back in the day. Probably not much to be proud of when she was 16 and as common as they come but still, he can actually go to bed at night knowing he's had his penis inside Cheryl Tweedy (fuck you Ashley).

Did you lick his cock when you found this out, so you can say you licked a particle remnant of Cheryl's vaginal fluid? That shit would make you millions by selling your story to The Sun and Daily Mail.

Wilbur

Banned
HELP ME GUYS

Given in goal
Ivanovic - Kompany - Vidic - Riise defense
Valencia - Modric (deep CF Messi lol) - Aguero up front

help me pick three of Song - Tiote - Ramires - Fellaini :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hey Yurt, 3 questions for you.
1) will Juve be willing to let Giovinco go? I hear you still have a stake in his contract or something (seems like it's one of those weird Italian contracts).
2) is this a reliable source?
http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/giovinco-ci-sono-anche-malaga-e-borussia-dortmund/
3) Is Giovinco great or THE greatest? lol :(

I was in a meeting sorry
tuvdY.gif

I'll add to F2B and Ricky:

Di Marzio isn't reliable but he gets a few things right from time to time. You can find him on twitter and ask him in English if you want!

Gio is pretty similar to Kagawa. If it was up to me, I'd sell him to BVB :p

faridmon

He was a regular starter for Everton and all of the top clubs wanted to sign him.

Rooney was never a reguler iat Everton. Yes, he played a lot of games, but most of them were him at subs at teh worst time possible.

Your point is still sound.

Rooney was never a reguler iat Everton. Yes, he played a lot of games, but most of them were him at subs at teh worst time possible.

Your point is still sound.
He did start quite alot of games though. 17 in his breakthrough year, 20 appearances as a sub. The following year he started 32 games, 11 appearances as a sub. Amazing really for a 16/17 year old.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Pleased with a new kit for once!

5D856.jpg

It'll be interesting to the see the reaction to that tricolour on the sleeve, though. :lol

popcorn.gif

faridmon

He did start quite alot of games though. 17 in his breakthrough year, 20 appearances as a sub. The following year he started 32 games, 11 appearances as a sub. Amazing really for a 16/17 year old.

Wasn't the whole reasdon of him going bonkers and moving to Man United because he didn't started enough games?

Those numbers is too many of what I remember. I remember our main strikers being Radzinski and Ferguson while McFadden being the 3rd choice. Rooney was rarly there when I used to watch the games.

Also, willbury, forget about Fellaini. He is not going anywhere.

Wilbur

Banned
Wasn't the whole reasdon of him going bonkers and moving to Man United because he didn't started enough games?

Those numbers is too many of what I remember. I remember our main strikers being Radzinski and Ferguson while McFadden being the 3rd choice. Rooney was rarly there when I used to watch the games.

I thought the reason was because it was Manchester United.

And its for FIFA you dolt hahaha

Meier

Do you think Harry lost the England job when he said in court that he can't read or write very well & doesn't understand email or how a bank account works?

If it's untrue, did the little white lie cost him the job or was he never in the run in?

Noel (or maybe it was the host?) kicked this idea around in the post-derby interview that was linked to. Might be on to something.

GQman2121

Banned
There are no less than five photos of Roy Hodgson on the front of the BBC football page right now.

HELP ME GUYS

help me pick three of Song - Tiote - Ramires - Fellaini :(

All four are fine choices, but it's either Ramires or Song for me. Song is slightly more versatile but Rambo is probably a little better pushing play forward.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Celtic is playing CL next season right? (directly to group stage also?)
Since Scotland's coeffcient is so fucked these days we need to make it through 2 qualifiers. Though since it's Champions route and we're fairly highly seeded we should be matched against winners of small European leagues, not anyone from the big 5, so that at least gives us a good chance.

But given our away record in Europe.. I don't even want to think about it. :(

Rikkun

http://i.imgur.com/5D856.jpg[IMG]

It'll be interesting to the see the reaction to that tricolour on the sleeve, though. :lol

[IMG]http://fail.brm.sk/the_rest/popcorn.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wow that's nice.

Also, for Fade, Yurt and Zabo.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yutWdFkPSRQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yutWdFkPSRQ[/URL]

faridmon

I thought the reason was because it was Manchester United.

And its for FIFA you dolt hahaha

I don't think so. He went out in a violent slefish way. Even in his book, he still hates Moyes for not picking him up regulerly.

We could have actually gotten a lgreater fee, ubt becaus eof Rooneys knobish behaviour, we had to settle for £25 mil. (which was a lot for his age) but it could have been up to £30 million.

Also, Kevin Campbel played a lot. I guess I watched matches where he didn't play. We didn't have a channels that showed PL back in those days in Norway.

Kyoufu

So Tottenham haven't won at the Reebok stadium since the 70s or something and Newcastle haven't won at Stamford Bridge in the league since 1986.

:(

Meier

5D856.jpg

Looks great -- seems like Nike is happy to use horizontal stripes this year. I still need to find one of them in a store so I can try it on and see how they fit. Tempted to buy a Team USA shirt but don't want to get the wrong size.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Tottenham haven't won at the Reebok stadium since the 70s or something and Newcastle haven't won at Stamford Bridge in the league since 1986.

:(

The strange thing is that we score plenty. In our last 3 visits there we've scored 2 goals in each yet only taken 1/9 points. We just can't defend against Kevin Davies. Hopefully with Hutton banished we won't be so shite at the back this time.

elsk

Banned
Since Scotland's coeffcient is so fucked these days we need to make it through 2 qualifiers. Though since it's Champions route and we're fairly highly seeded we should be matched against winners of small European leagues, not anyone from the big 5, so that at least gives us a good chance.

But given our away record in Europe.. I don't even want to think about it. :(

I sure hope you guys can make it, I want to see Emilio playing CL!

offshore

Feel bad about wanting Bolton to win tonight, as that fucks over Blackburn and brings Villa ever closer in to it, and Jeff and Villa-GAF are cool. Sadly, no result tonight will please everyone, I guess. lol

TeegsD

Glad to see Sporting at number 9 in the world IFFHS rankings. All the other Portuguese teams fell considerably. Barcelona and Real Madrid still hold the 1 and 2 spots.

faridmon

I think relegation is good for Villa. They have been stagnant for years and need rejuvenate their club by making their youth the basis of the club and I think they won't do it unless they relegate and kick out the overpaid aging players that have not cared about the club.

I love Villa because I live in Birmingham and have a lot of friend who are Villa fans, and I think this is the best that could happen to the club.

Top Bottom