• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Zabojnik

Exactly. There was no chance of it being bad because the source material is so good and it's literally a frame for frame representation, but that's also it's flaws.

Flaws there are, but I never understood the blind hate it gets from some people. It's more than a decent adaptation. The comic is untouchable, obviously.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I love your avatar, Moobabe. About time Torres :')
Flaws there are, but I never understood the blind hate it gets from some people. It's more than a decent adaptation. The comic is untouchable, obviously.

Mainly because Zack Snyder made 300, lol.

edit:
wTTEy.jpg

LOL

GQman2121

Banned
Just sorted myself out with an avatar and shizz and now I feel like it's finally time to get involved with FootyGAF properly, so, hey guys. How do I go about adding myself to the Chelsea list in the OP, PM Fady K?

Posted a few times before, mainly just to express my shock when Torres/Chelsea do something unpredictable/awesome/morally questionable or even 'right' (at the start of the season).

Looking forward to tonight. It's crunch time, hoping we can beat Newcastle, I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't. Torres continuing his current run of form would also make my day.

We're going to pound them tonight. No resting players for Wembley from us! If Bolton can claw their way out of the bottom three, we're not going to let go of fourth place after this game.

Kyoufu

Welcome friend - you'll do well here. I'm out for the evening so I'm missing the game, but I'll be glued to my phone checking the score. We can do it Chelsea-GAF - we just have to believe!

That's 2 Chelsea fans not watching the game.

What about you Kylehimself?

Outsanity

We're going to pound them tonight. No resting players for Wembley from us! If Bolton can claw their way out of the bottom three, we're not going to let go of fourth place after this game.

Welcome friend - you'll do well here. I'm out for the evening so I'm missing the game, but I'll be glued to my phone checking the score. We can do it Chelsea-GAF - we just have to believe!

Yuss! another one.

Hey guys, ChelseaGAF out in force this afternoon, love it. Also hoping Bolton do us a massive favour, would be great going into all these big games knowing regardless of the result we have 4th place to fall back on.

edit: Welcome, Outsanity!

Hey there! Thanks!

Lightning

Banned
Just sorted myself out with an avatar and shizz and now I feel like it's finally time to get involved with FootyGAF properly, so, hey guys. How do I go about adding myself to the Chelsea list in the OP, PM Fady K?

Posted a few times before, mainly just to express my shock when Torres/Chelsea do something unpredictable/awesome/morally questionable or even 'right' (at the start of the season).

Looking forward to tonight. It's crunch time, hoping we can beat Newcastle, I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't. Torres continuing his current run of form would also make my day.
Chelsea fan eh? Welcome to Football GAF and may you enjoy a nice good loss or draw today.

Come on Bolton, come on Newcastle/Chelsea draw and if that happens while we beat Norwich at home on the weekend and we are guaranteed 3rd spot regardless of out last match. Hahahahahahaha Now results go our way today DAMNIT!

TrueBlue

What kind of a fan watches Avengers while their team fights for 4th place?!

Shame on you!

I know! The saddest thing is, that I'm not even watching Avengers. My sodding friends want to see that American Pie thing.

Luckily I'll be getting my dad to keep me updated on the scored via (silent) text. :)

WJD

Bancroft?!

Kyoufu

I know! The saddest thing is, that I'm not even watching Avengers. My sodding friends want to see that American Pie thing.

Luckily I'll be getting my dad to keep me updated on the scored via (silent) text. :)

Wow dude, just wow.

I loved American Pie back in the day

Fry

So Fry, tell us more about Damiao!

Pretty awesome striker, clinical in front of goal and all that, ready to leave Inter and go to a bigger club, and I think he'd do very well at Juve.

BUT, Inter sold Pato for how much again? I doubt anyone could bargain him.

TrueBlue

I also wanna apply to Chelsea-GAF.

EDIT: I've never seen American Pie before, so I'm interested to see how it'll turn out. Ain't been to the cinema in yonks, so it'll be a nice change of pace.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Avengers. Pirates looks okay, but Flushed Away was crap so I don't trust them if its not Wallace & Gromit.
I'm just sad that nobody is doing stop-motion animation on the big scale anymore.
In before somebody tells me it was actually CGI through a filter.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm just sad that nobody is doing stop-motion animation on the big scale anymore.
In before somebody tells me it was actually CGI through a filter.

It looks incredible, is it CGI?! That would disappoint me.

Have you seen A Town Called Panic? Watch and love

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Awesome Animals.

wzLifm.jpg

Pretty awesome striker, clinical in front of goal and all that, ready to leave Inter and go to a bigger club, and I think he'd do very well at Juve.

BUT, Inter sold Pato for how much again? I doubt anyone could bargain him.

SOLD.

Moobabe

I also wanna apply to Chelsea-GAF.

EDIT: I've never seen American Pie before, so I'm interested to see how it'll turn out. Ain't been to the cinema in yonks, so it'll be a nice change of pace.

With a name like that? I don't think so - also the first two American Pie films are awesome.

Zabojnik

I'm supposed to defend Gio because I'm quite short myself, but fuck me, he's not helping himself at all. His bitch attitude won't get him anywhere, I've seen shorter players defend and track-back like tanks. Look no further than Giakk!

nanoyurt.png

It's bad, I know, but I'm too match-nervous to work with Gimp. :p

TrueBlue

With a name like that? I don't think so - also the first two American Pie films are awesome.

But blue is my favourite colour! Truly.

I'm not too fussed about missing out on references. As long as the film is funny then it's doing its job in my opinion.

I think the new American Pie is supposed to be pretty good! I'm off to see Cabin In the Woods in an hour. Will be out just in time to see us beat Chelsea (YES KYOUFU...BEAT) :p

Fry

I don't want to come off as a generalizing (racist) asshole, but how's his work ethic? Is he one of those Ronaldinho-style wild-partying brazilians or a true professional Thiago Silva? :p

I must admit I don't know that, but he seems like a nice fella, more so than Neymar, and the likes of Ronaldinho. He also celebrates like this:

DLwZW.jpg

So there's a possibility that he's a saint or something. :p

Btw, I just checked all the news about him, and they say he wants to play for Juve. And he also rather you guys than Real Madrid.

Wilbur

Banned
Haha, I know right. Crazy times.

We know each other from school, it's me :p

How did you tell it was him from this?!

Was it the use of shizz? All the cool motherfuckers in school use it right?

WJD

I fancy splurging my loan on a new shirt soon. The Holland or Germany away is looking most likely at the moment.

Yen

The FA have put in a complaint about The Sun!!

I think it's hilarious that after everything the Sun have done over the years, it is the mocking of someone's rhotacism that has the rest of the media/twitter/the FA aghast.

Zabojnik

I must admit I don't know that, but he seems like a nice fella, more so than Neymar, and the likes of Ronaldinho. He also celebrates like this:

So there's a possibility that he's a saint or something. :p

Btw, I just checked all the news about him, and they say he wants to play for Juve. And he also rather you guys than Real Madrid.

Noooice. In a way someone like him (or the impossibile-to-get Cavani, sigh) would be a better suited world-class striker (assuming he can indeed become one) for the current Juve, where the inclusion of a cuntish primadonna may disrupt the atmosphere of equality between players.

EDIT: Yurt, I aim to please. :p

Wilbur

Banned
Or home is £25 with this printing:

mcfc-100472.jpg

Shame I already have one with Aguero printing, otherwise I'd be screaming TAKE MY MONEY!

Wilbury, you know you want one. ;)

Warning, visiting the greatest website in the world may leave you jealous

Aguero or Kompany shirt would be tempting if it was on most shirts, but nahhhhhhhhhh

I fancy splurging my loan on a new shirt soon. The Holland or Germany away is looking most likely at the moment.

If you don't want to splurge, I can say the fake ones I bought are brilliant quality. 35 quid for the both of them, were better than I expected.

Top Bottom