• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

TrueBlue

Fluke or not, that second Cisse goal is magnificent. Not much else a team can do on the end of goals like the ones he scored today. I don't think today's result it a complete loss, just a shame we couldn't fight for fourth until the very end. Perhaps Chels are finally starting to get tired?

EDIT: Does anyone have a gif of that Drogba-Pardew exchange that was mentioned a few pages back?

Biggest find is from Holland though, You can't really credit Bundesliga players for being better then people think, they might be, but NUFC's signings come from all over the place.

Wilbur

Banned
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17928889

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish says he would be more satisfied by winning two cups than being fifth in the league.

The Reds, who won the last of their 18 league titles in 1990 during Dalglish's first reign, are eighth in the Premier League, 34 points behind the leaders.

"There is an obsession with the Premier League," said Dalglish, whose team are seeking a League Cup and FA Cup double.

"But there's satisfaction from winning a cup that you don't get from finishing fifth or sixth in the league."

Everyone agrees, Kenny. That's why the target was fourth, I suppose.

rififi

They know deep down Barcelona are still better than them

*runs from Madrid-GAF*

Lol, nothing will bring me down tonight.

tumblr_lfmvocjkXw1qe0fi2o1_500.jpg

San Mames spectators are one of the worst of spain. I don't know how they have such a good press.

Mou refusing to be interview. Casillas talking to press during team celebrations.

I'm enjoying this.

Carbonox

We're looking to sign 2 Dutch players in the summer and one or two French players I think.

A Brazilian too (Douglas). Only Williamson and Simpson are the only ones repping England in our first 11. Alan Pardeaux doesn't give a shit and neither do I.

Well done to Madrid.

Cisse goal was probably one of the best goals I have ever seen, absolutely stunning. Modrics was a pretty good goal too.

Villa away next, hope we can get our 2nd away win of the year!

Kyoufu

DAMN IT I MEANT STEVEN TAYLOR BUT HE HASN'T PLAYED IN OUR FIRST 11 FOR AGES.

lol should be good to have him back fit next season

Our goal difference score is disgusting compared to the others above us. We need a solid back line next season.

Saying that, 15th clean sheet of the season WOO!

Well done Madrid. Thoroughly deserved. Messi can take all the plaudits but Ronaldo has made the difference this season. I miss him :(

Next year will be very interesting from a neutral standpoint, can't wait.

And Cisse...jeebus. I was going to transfer you out of my fantasy football team but now I'm not so sure. Git. :S

What a finish to the season we're going to have (the entire League I mean). Predictions for the top 4 and bottom 3 anyone?

1.Man City
2.Man United
3.Arsenal
4.Spurs

18.QPR
19.Blackburn
20.Wolves

Kyoufu

He doesn't have the same role since Cisse was signed. He's been good, unlucky on some occassions, but still good.

I know, but if we changed our formation to suit him then Cisse would suffer surely?

That's the problem right now. We don't want to mess with the genius.

Top Bottom