• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Wilbur

Banned
Why are you still here? Didn't I tell you to go play Alpha Protocol?

Oh yeah. Sorry, I forgot. I DIDN'T MEAN TO

I'll play it tomorrow. I like when you make Michael look like a dirty trucker with a cap and a beard, and then I shot people in the desert fort thing, and then when I got to Rome I got confused.

Madridy

scaled.php

Perfect response.

Labadal

I know, but if we changed our formation to suit him then Cisse would suffer surely?

That's the problem right now. We don't want to mess with the genius.

All you need is a quality right/left back and maybe another great centre back.

Krul

Santon
Taylor/???
Colo
???

Ben Arfa
Cabaye
Tiote
Jonas

Ba

Cisse

Carbonox

We should sell Ba and get someone hot in place of him.

Dude isn't delivering the goods :(

Ba's a good squad player. Sure he's not delivering on the goals but he's been played out of position so many times. He's happy to do so as well. Plus, he's been doing really good and contributing to play out there. I wouldn't get rid of him if possible.

Krul

Santon
Taylor/Douglas
Colo
Pieters

Ben Arfa
Cabaye
Tiote
Jonas

Ba

Cisse

I don't want to get rid of Simpson though. He's been fantastic this season.

Kyoufu

Krul

Santon
Taylor/???
Colo
???

Ben Arfa
Cabaye
Tiote
Jonas

Ba

Cisse

Where does Sigurdsson fit into all this??

Ba's a good squad player. Sure he's not delivering on the goals but he's been played out of position so many times. He's happy to do so as well. Plus, he's been doing really good and contributing to play out there. I wouldn't get rid of him if possible.

Ba is not Ameobi. He'll leave if he can't get a first team place.

Carbonox

Where does Sigurdsson fit into all this??

Ba is not Ameobi. He'll leave if he can't get a first team place.

Sigurdsson isn't a starter, given our midfield.

Also, Ba is a starter. :p He won't get dropped for anyone but a new winger. We play 1 striker up front and we should keep it like that as it proves the most deadly.

FootballFan

correct:

Nombre Goles Pie Cab Pen Falta
Messi 46 35 1 8 2
Cristiano 44 24 6 11 2
Falcao 23 12 6 5 0
Higuaín 22 21 1 0 0
Benzema 20 18 2 0 0

3 of the top 5 are from Real Madrid :eek:
I think that is how Messi suffered this season, everything is all on him. When we won the treble, Henry and Eto'o had 30+ goals. This season Cesc and Sanchez are our 2nd top scorers, both with 15.

Messi has probably assisted/scored 60% of Barcas goals this season(guessing) and imo that is too much reliance on 1 guy. What do we do if he gets injured

Kyoufu

Sigurdsson isn't a starter, given our midfield.

Also, Ba is a starter. :p He won't get dropped for anyone but a new winger. We play 1 striker up front and we should keep it like that as it proves the most deadly.

Don't the other top 6 teams have 2 goal scorers as well as a goal-scoring midfield?

We don't have 2 strikers on the scoreboard. Just one right now, and I suppose you can say Cabaye is like Mata where he can create and score, but remember Nolan? If we had Sigurdsson we would be banging in 4 or 5.

I've been confident all season, but we bottled it. Don't see Newcastle doing the job, much less so QPR. Sorry :(

This weekend is pretty much the decider for 3rd/4th.

PL winner will go down to the last game.

Carbonox

Don't the other top 6 teams have 2 goal scorers as well as a goal-scoring midfield?

We don't have 2 strikers on the scoreboard. Just one right now, and I suppose you can say Cabaye is like Mata where he can create and score, but remember Nolan? If we had Sigurdsson we would be banging in 4 or 5.

So you'd prefer Sigurdsson playing in front of Tiote and Cabaye as a Nolan-esque player, with Jonas and Ben Arfa on the wings? Could work I guess. Still keeps our awesome formation. I don't want Ba to go though. :\

Kyoufu

So you'd prefer Sigurdsson playing in front of Tiote and Cabaye as a Nolan-esque player, with Jonas and Ben Arfa on the wings? Could work I guess. Still keeps our awesome formation. I don't want Ba to go though. :\

Yep, that would be solid.

Don't want Ba gone either as I do appreciate him carrying us to the 2nd half of the season, but if we had someone who was a natural in his position now we would be beasts.

Either way, we need to get a new striker for the bench despite Ameobi assisting Cisse AGAIN lol.

edit: Where is Kylehimself at??

Carbonox

Yep, that would be solid.

Don't want Ba gone either as I do appreciate him carrying us to the 2nd half of the season, but if we had someone who was a natural in his position now we would be beasts.

Either way, we need to get a new striker for the bench despite Ameobi assisting Cisse AGAIN lol.

Ameobi's assist to Cisse against Bolton was from the wing, as was this one. :p

But yeah, if we get a new striker, it would need to be someone good but who won't mind sitting on the bench for long periods of time. Luckily with European football next season, there will be plenty of games for fringe players to get time.

I want Luuk De Jong.

"Toma!"

I wonder what caused him to get that pissed.

San Mames chanting him dumb at every mistake. Calling him gypsy and bastard portuguese. Then Javi Martinez came from nowhere after being sent off only to rebuke him.

In every stadium he got only hate and insults. Then, when he explodes, media blame him.

Enough of this shit. Enough of media trying to destroy Mou. Enough of shitty VALORS and hypocrisy.

ALA MADRID!

Carbonox

:lol Ba loves you Man Utd!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7725041/Ba-and-Cisse-hail-win

"We think we can make fourth and we are going to try to, and we will try and win [against City] not just for [Manchester] United but for us," he said.

Also, poor Ba having to translate THIS:

"I am very happy to have scored 13 so far and as every striker I just want to score goals," he said as Ba translated on Sky Sports News.

Ba must have felt like shite haha.

Cisse also hit the ball because he was tired. :lol

Kyoufu

Ameobi's assist to Cisse against Bolton was from the wing, as was this one. :p

But yeah, if we get a new striker, it would need to be someone good but who won't mind sitting on the bench for long periods of time. Luckily with European football next season, there will be plenty of games for fringe players to get time.

I want Luuk De Jong.

I think it's time we won a trophy next season.

FA Cup (if we don't get screwed by ACON again), Carling Cup....Europa Cup...
Champions League

Let's make it happen.

Carbonox

Ryan Taylor vs Everton
Ben Arfa vs Bolton
Ben Arfa vs Blackburn
Cisse vs Swansea
Cisse vs Chelsea

Can any other club in the league stake a claim for goal of the season with as many selections as Newcastle? :p

Wilbur

Banned
Ryan Taylor vs Everton
Ben Arfa vs Bolton
Ben Arfa vs Blackburn
Cisse vs Swansea
Cisse vs Chelsea

Can any other club in the league stake a claim for goal of the season with as many selections as Newcastle? :p

You've got more goal of the season contenders than Liverpool has goals.

Carbonox

By the way, I feel odd for saying this but...I hope we don't sell James Perch. THERE I SAID IT.

Seriously, I'd feel so bad for the guy if we ditched him in the Summer. He's been fantastic for the most part. Would make a useful squad player for the league/Fa cup. Tempted to get a shirt with him on the back to honour him.

Just seen Papiss' second goal. WOW. I thought his first was pretty special. What a player.

I can already see him missing a sitter on Sunday though.

Also, Avengers...really not that great.

vall03

fuck! just saw the scores, with Newcastle and Spurs winning, Arsenal NEEDS to win their last two games. I cant believe the battle for the title and even 3rd and 4th place is this close...

Kyoufu

By the way, I feel odd for saying this but...I hope we don't sell James Perch. THERE I SAID IT.

Seriously, I'd feel so bad for the guy if we ditched him in the Summer. He's been fantastic for the most part. Would make a useful squad player for the league/Fa cup.

You should feel bad because Perchinho has been great when we really needed him. Definitely a squad player for us.

We really do need quality defenders though. Is Douglas supposed to be good? What about Pieters?

fuck! just saw the scores, with Newcastle and Spurs winning, Arsenal NEEDS to win their last two games. I cant believe the battle for the title and even 3rd and 4th place is this close...

Best league in the world.

Carbonox

You should feel bad because Perchinho has been great when we really needed him. Definitely a squad player for us.

We really do need quality defenders though. Is Douglas supposed to be good? What about Pieters?

Douglas is supposed to be good but then Cacapa was supposed to be great too. :lol I have more faith in the decision to go for Douglas though.

Pieters is shit according to Dutch GAF. Baffling to everyone as he's first choice LB for Holland.

I think it's time we won a trophy next season.

FA Cup (if we don't get screwed by ACON again), Carling Cup....Europa Cup...
Champions League

Let's make it happen.
It has been time to win a real trophy for over 50 years now.

And I strongly disagree with you about Ba. The only way we will have 2 good scoring strikers is if we play with two central strikers. That will not give Ben Arfa as much oppurtunities as when we been playing with Ba on the left and he on the right, but i still think it is the right thing to do, Which you also seem to think.

But if we are gonna play with 2 central strikers, I think that we should do everything we can to keep both of them. I don't think that just because Ba have had a drought(while playing some of the games on the wing) we should replace him. I think that he blends in very well, coming down and meeting the balls. Just look at the header through the defenders and to Cisse today. If he just continues in the middle the goals will come. Not as much as during the fall but, honestly who could we sign that would score that much when playing behind Cisse? He could have netted a couple of goals during this drought and I am fairly certain that he will start scoring again next season, or the last two games.

The final day of the season could see the title race, race for 4th spot and the final relegation spot all in the balance. That would be amazing.

Kyoufu

It has been time to win a real trophy for over 50 years now.

And I strongly disagree with you about Ba. The only way we will have 2 good scoring strikers is if we play with two central strikers. That will not give Ben Arfa as much oppurtunities as when we been playing with Ba on the left and he on the right, but i still think it is the right thing to do, Which you also seem to think.

But if we are gonna play with 2 central strikers, I think that we should do everything we can to keep both of them. I don't think that just because Ba have had a drought(while playing some of the games on the wing) we should replace him. I think that he blends in very well, coming down and meeting the balls. Just look at the header through the defenders and to Cisse today. If he just continues in the middle the goals will come. Not as much as during the fall but, honestly who could we sign that would score that much when playing behind Cisse? He could have netted a couple of goals during this drought and I am fairly certain that he will start scoring again next season, or the last two games.

Agree with all your points. The question is will Ba want to remain goal-less/second fiddle to Cisse?

Top Bottom