• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

elsk

Banned
i approve this deal! and im sure there will be some more. i'm sure this season everybody saw what happens when u dont have enough players.

I would prefer to bring Klose back rather than Pizarro, actually. Pizarro would've been good two years ago, but right now he can add virtually nothing to the team, I expect him to play easy Cup matches and sub in the 80min of the match when we're losing, you know like Olic.

We still need a striker to compete for the starting spot with Gómez.

Claudio Pizarro moving to Bayern next season, according to Münchner Merkur.

Well, we got our Olic replacement already. Now what? I want a new striker.

No, you need a real 10er you stupads. Either that or a great left winger, so that Ribery can do a 10er. Müller can play a striker too. But by all means, get an additional striker...hehe

But Bremen...they seem like they're dying in a way.
Pizza, Wiese...and probably Naldo & Marin too. That's basically their backbone. Without them and adequate substitutes they could possibly play against relegation next season :(
It's a shame really since the the club & fans are very likable & they had so much success with their transfers in the 2000s: Micould, Ailton, Klose, Diego, Özil...

pulga

Banned
I would prefer to bring Klose back rather than Pizarro, actually. Pizarro would've been good two years ago, but right now he can add virtually nothing to the team, I expect him to play easy Cup matches and sub in the 80min of the match when we're losing, you know like Olic.

We still need a striker to compete for the starting spot with Gómez.

We'll give you Vucinic AND Borriello if you give us Kroos. Fair trade?

elsk

Banned
No, you need a real 10er you stupads. Either that or a great left winger, so that Ribery can do a 10er. Müller can play a striker too. But by all means, get an additional striker...hehe

But Bremen...they seem like they're dying in a way.
Pizza, Wiese...and probably Naldo & Marin too. That's basically their backbone. Without them and adequate substitutes they could possibly play against relegation next season :(
It's a shame really since the the club & fans are very likable & they had so much success with their transfers in the 2000s: Micould, Ailton, Klose, Diego, Özil...

We could use a #10, but we don't really NEED one. I like Mueller, he's just a Second striker but he still is very creative and makes the team move faster. Kroos should stay as CM from now on, he's too slow to play as CAM in todays football.

A good striker is the missing key in the team, IMO. Someone like Huntelaar (fuck, buy him already!)

edit: and yes, poor Bremen. They should fire the Sporting Director already. (and Schaaf too)

We'll give you Vucinic AND Borriello if you give us Kroos. Fair trade?

I was pretty sure of you being a madrid fan?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
When a side plays possession football and controls the game in the opposition's half, the other side naturally/logically are pinned back defending. This is not negative football.

elsk

Banned
When a side plays possession football and controls the game in the opposition's half, the other side naturally/logically are pinned back defending. This is not negative football.

Stop making excuses, Yurt!
I sort of agree.

But I don't agree the natural/logically reaction is defending. Chelsea, for example, their tactical approach was defending and I liked it. It was clean and perfect. Now what Real Madrid does against Barcelona (punching, diving like mad, red cards,etc) that could be called anti-football.

On the other hand, lets say Bayern could get into a game against Barcelona with the same possession approach, they both can play possession football. So I don't believe in one team defends because the other one plays a possession kind of football.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
On the other hand, lets say Bayern could get into a game against Barcelona with the same possession approach, they both can play possession football. So I don't believe in one team defends because the other ones plays a possession kind of football.

It's hard to do that against Barcelona, they're just too good at keeping and getting the ball back. Bayern need a plan B!
Hoof the ball to Gomez :p

Zabojnik

Alright I changed my mind. I want Falcao at Juve :( Pure class.

I probably won't to survive the summer mercato. It's gonna be absolutely brutal with all these names flying around. And if Marotta pulls a Dzeko or an Aguero again in the end ... suicide watch.

TeegsD

GAME OVER!!

So happy with the win. We turned up the heat in the last 15 minutes and didn't stop. We need to do the same next week to guarantee that we can go through.

RJT

Atletico paid 40 mil. for him, which they've got by selling Aguero and Forlan. There's nothing confusing about it.

It's confusing to me how Manchester City, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc. didn't buy him. It's also confusing to me how he decided to leave Porto (where he could star in the Champion's League) for Atletico Madrid...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I probably won't to survive the summer mercato. It's gonna be absolutely brutal with all these names flying around. And if Marotta pulls a Dzeko or an Aguero again in the end ... suicide watch.

Absolutely NO excuses for Marotta this time.

Clegg

It's confusing to me how Manchester City, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc. didn't buy him. It's also confusing to me how he decided to leave Porto (where he could star in the Champion's League) for Atletico Madrid...

Well, City have Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli and Tevez. They didn't need another striker at the start of the season.

Chelsea spent £50m on Torres and are still trying to get their moneys worth from him. Barca spent all their money on Cesc and Sanchez. And Real have Ronaldo, Higuain and Benzema.

Atletico had sold Forlan and Aguero, 2 amazing strikers. They had the money to throw at Falcao.

Splatt

He wasn't really that much of a hot property last year. Bigger clubs didn't want to risk paying a 40 mil. release clause for a player who has not proven he is worthy of it.

Atletico lost their two best strikers and decided to take that risk. Obviously, it paid off.

As for his reasons, I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall when AVB left Porto and decided to skedaddle.

EDIT:

Also, what Clegg said.

Top Bottom