• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Pachimari

Best Ronaldo render in the "next worst PES game ever". More news tomorrow at 11 AM (UK), stay tuned for another blunder.

I'm excited for the announcement later today. Meanwhile my Real Madrid team in FIFA looks like this: Casillas, Lahm, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Xabi Alonso, M'Vila, Di María, Cristiano Ronaldo, Özil and Benzema. While I got Lucas Moura, Neymar, Lucio (last case scenario) and El Shaaraway (loan) on the bench among others.

Anyway, bring on El Clásico tomorrow!

Bale is a fantastic player. I don't understand people who say he's average, or just a decent player. He's very good and he's still young so he will only get better. Inconsistency is an issue but that will improve with time.

He's as good a crosser as any and finishes well too. Great pace and power, guess he could be a bit more silky on the ball. I've also noticed him winning a lot of headers lately.

He would be great for Barca at LB. Not sure it'd be his ideal position and he'd have to work on his defensive game a bit but I can see him doing it and being devastating from there.

Kyoufu

Bale is a fantastic player. I don't understand people who say he's average, or just a decent player. He's very good and he's still young so he will only get better. Inconsistency is an issue but that will improve with time.

He's as good a crosser as any and finishes well too. Great pace and power, guess he could be a bit more silky on the ball. I've also noticed him winning a lot of headers lately.

He would be great for Barca at LB. Not sure it'd be his ideal position and he'd have to work on his defensive game a bit but I can see him doing it and being devastating from there.

Bale is awesome. His diving is shit though. Otherwise, great player that Spurs should try and keep.

Adriano.

99 balance (strength?), 99 shot power if I remember correctly.

I don't remember Adriano but damn, beast stats.

Stubo

I don't remember Adriano but damn, beast stats.
Everyone online used Inter or Brazil because he'd just mash through your team to the edge of the box and blaze a shot in every time you tried it.

I remember beating someone using this tactic roughly 10-1 with United, felt good man.

Oh, and Bale is an excellent player, I would prefer him to stay in the Premier League where I would continue to watch him every week. If he did end up at LB I feel he'd be a bit wasted there, but would no doubt make the position his own in time.

elsk

Banned
FIFA 12 needs more leagues, that's it. Leagues from Argentina, Chile, German third division and then I'll be happy. And if they add the teams playing the CONCACAF CHampions League that would be beyond amazing, I want to buy my local team players :(

Pachimari

The dream would be for Sports Interactive and EA Sports to do a collaboration, where we manage everything in Football Manager and play the actual matches in FIFA.

MPW

Kind of funny (sad) how Dortmund has better defenders than Bayern, Real Madrid and like 98% of the top teams.

madrid needs to buy dortmund's rb and lb

dortmund can have arbeloa, marcelo + cash

Adriano.

99 balance (strength?), 99 shot power if I remember correctly.

omfg i remember that

gerrard was a beast in the game as well

Not everything is quite what it seems at Bayern

Mario Gomez's late goal has changed the complexion of the tie and served as timely reminder of Bayern's mental toughness. But the Bavarians' much-feared psychological strength is more fragile than it seems. This season, they've recovered only once after going behind, a tendency that doesn't bode well for next Wednesday's trip to the Bernabeu. In addition, a very public disagreement between Arjen Robben and Ribéry over the right to take a free kick revealed a considerable amount of dressing-room tension. Even the last-minute win couldn't placate the Frenchman. Sport-Bild reported that Ribéry continued the argument more forcefully in the changing room after the final whistle; teammates had to separate the two by force. The board ordered both players in for a dressing down on Wednesday but decided to bury the incident for fear of upsetting either party. One or two early goals from Madrid in the second leg could well bring those tensions out in the open again.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20120419/cl-review/#ixzz1sYKGuApE

hmmm

panty

Somehow I just can't see Bale going to Barca. He seems like a player who'll stay in PL a while longer.

E: That said he's in my team @ FM12 D:

Joe

Seriously, fuck fifa12. I played the shit out of it for 3 months straight right after release and then stopped completely. There is a total 'invisible hand' in the gameplay mechanics. What happens on screen is not a 100% direct result of your button presses, there is some underlying AI thrown in to make things interesting and it infuriated me.

Edit: falcao is amazlng. is it me or is he being completely underrated by most people this year?

elsk

Banned
Seriously, fuck fifa12. I played the shit out of it for 3 months straight right after release and then stopped completely. There is a total 'invisible hand' in the gameplay mechanics. What happens on screen is not a 100% direct result of your button presses, there is some underlying AI thrown in to make things interesting and it infuriated me.

Haha yes!!! I did noticed it too, there's some way to "activate" that flow and make everything very easy but I don't really know how. I was playing head to head one night and somehow I managed to get from 4 division to 1st division very easily. I just passed the ball without too much effort and somehow all the passess ended in me scoring a goal, the other player was simply hopeless, even if he intercepted a ball, he would fail to make something out of it, somehow the ball bounced back to my player again to make an easy goal.

I don't know how in the fuck is that shit possible, but it happens. Sometimes the game is against you, and sometimes it makes everything SO easy.
just like the real life OMFG

sneaky77

Congrats to Sporting, they earned it. We could have gone 0-2 with Amorebieta hitting the post but we didn't and that let Sporting get back into it. We were lucky in the end that we only lost by 1.

Also I really hope San Jose does not get back in the field this season holy shit his last month has been awful.

sohois

Edit: falcao is amazlng. is it me or is he being completely underrated by most people this year?

Well, its hardly surprising Falcao doesn't get the same recognition as someone like Cavani since he hasn't played in the Champions League. Plus when you consider that he is might as well be in Liga Adelante there is always going to be less interest in him - the main reason why someone like Llorente gets more credit in this thread is mainly down to him playing against Man Utd in the Europa League, had Atletico been drawn against them or City then there would probably be a lot more discussion of him.

elseanio

Got completely bored of FIFA12, so started playing with all the settings on 'manual'. It's a completely different game. Takes ages to get used to, but worth it

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
[SKY] Mario Balotelli "In Italy, why do you only speak of me being linked with Milan and Inter? There could be another club.” “One day I’d like to have the applause of the Juventus fans. Why couldn’t this crazy idea happen?”

zOPmO.gif

dc89

Best Ronaldo render in the "next worst PES game ever". More news tomorrow at 11 AM (UK), stay tuned for another blunder.

What is being announced?

[SKY] Mario Balotelli "In Italy, why do you only speak of me being linked with Milan and Inter? There could be another club.” “One day I’d like to have the applause of the Juventus fans. Why couldn’t this crazy idea happen?”

zOPmO.gif

o_O

rodvik

He will. When Juve knock City out of the Champions league next season because he got himself sent off :)

MPW

lol yes

i would love to see him go to juve :D

Top Bottom