• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Keio

For a Finer World
My body is ready for the Clasico! Get in the mood with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGUtpF2n5aM

Hoping for:
- beautiful football from both sides
- super tackles but no malice/playacting
- lots of goals
- no Mourinho drama

In 2009 I think the best Clasicos were played. Even the low-scoring one in late November, where Carles was immense, blocking shots left and right. That was the time both teams were playing great and I still had respect for Real Madrid.

spidye

I'm getting really warmed up and excited about El Clásico!

Aitor Karanka said this at today's press conference:

My prediction:
FC Barcelona 2 - 3 Real Madrid C.F.

ZPQuJ.jpg

I'm sooooo looking forward to this game.
prediction: 3 FCB - 2 RMA
mou is going to start with coentraro and that will break his neck

oh and
2.bild.jpg

robben declined juve's offer via sms

Pachimari

I just hope we will pressure Barca up high on the field and get all their 11 players down to their own box, but it has only happened that one time at the Bernabéu last year, and this is Nou Camp.

The great thing is, that we will be fine with a draw. If we get a draw, then I believe the league is ours.

But please Mourinho, no defensive play...

We need to play with our own formation of 4-2-3-1 instead of adapting to their playstyle and changing it to 4-3-3 and crowd the midfield, that I won't be a fan of.

It could be this:

Casillas
Arbeloa Ramos Pepe Coentrao
Khedira Alonso
Di Maria Ozil Cristiano
Benzema

Or this:

Casillas
Arbeloa Ramos Pepe Coentrao
Khedira Alonso
Granero
Di Maria Cristiano
Benzema

I don't think Kaká will start this one, he didn't even track back against Atletico. He'll surely get minutes, and minutes against Bayern next week as well.

I love Cristiano, Pepe and Marcelo's good atmosphere and spirit for the team, tremendously.

2012-04-16-viaje-02.gif

EDIT: When using .gif's, where should they be uploaded to? I can't find any rule about it in the TOS.

And here are our players wives in Munich:

MTA1t.jpg

Carbonox

Opta Stat: Papiss Demba Cisse currently has the best minutes/goal ratio in Premier League history, netting a goal every 68.4 minutes.

<3

Bahahaha. More pain for Villa fans. Poor sods.

Alex Hleb on McLeish said:
"The day before a game he would come onto the pitch and show us what to do: 'You stand here, the goalkeeper will give you the ball here, kick it as far as you can and don't pass to anyone nearby. And we all run.'"

I know he probably hates McLeish but it rings true.

Hixx

O'Shea fit!111!1!! Catts, Richardson injured again fucking hell. The lad we got from Ipswich who disappeared about 4 months ago apparently injured an'all.

bet O'Neill drops Kilgallon instead of Turner

Cattermole being out means another week of Craig fucking Gardner. He's sooooo bad :(

bud

hleb used to be pretty good at arsenal despite only scoring once in every 287 games.

and now he's playing somewhere in russia...

GorillaJu

Your avatar... What in god's name happened to Jun's pants?!

I have played TTT2 quite a bit in the arcades here and I usually pick her and a varying partner. She's quite a bit different from Asuka which is nice.

Zabojnik

ESPN are reporting that a fight broke out between Robben and Ribery during the half time interval of the Bayern/Madrid game.

Apparently Robben came out for the 2nd half with a bruise under his eye.

Robben going to Juventus confir-

robben declined juve's offer via sms

156866hp2.jpg

Btw, for anyone following Tuttosport's crazy (online) titles, yesterday's was fantastic. "Tanta Robben"
KuGsj.gif

Clegg

I'm assuming that Roberto has forgotten about Dzeko and his "anticipation of contact."

He should work on trying to claw back the 5 point gap in the league which he allowed to happen.

Besides, all the big teams get dubious calls in their favour.

elseanio

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/fa-cup-final-announcement
The ballot registration for this season's FA Cup final is now closed.

We can confirm that as it stands we expect around 65% of supporters who have registered to be successful and therefore able to buy a ticket for the final.

Those who have registered will be contacted next Wednesday with details of if they've been successful of not.

Supporters will also be able to check their status online once the results are announced.

Damn, not very hopeful of getting a ticket :(

Pachimari

Your avatar... What in god's name happened to Jun's pants?!

I have played TTT2 quite a bit in the arcades here and I usually pick her and a varying partner. She's quite a bit different from Asuka which is nice.
Please participate in the Tekken Community Thread, I'm glad to hear Jun and Asuka are pretty different, kinda amazing.

Oh my, that girl with white pants. Wow.

I'm more into the two girls on the left. =)

Oh yea, added a Real Madrid logo to my avatar, just for tomorrow while I'm in here, so it's easier to see who I'm with.

Bumhead

Banned
Ched Evans has been convicted of rape.

Horrible, horrible news. I hoped it wasn't true despite the football rivalry. You never hope a young girl has had to go through that.

There will never be an argument between us and them over the most classless sets of fans are, though. I hope those who have chanted "He'll shag who he wants" all season are pleased with themselves. Scum.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Nice touch.
I'm getting really warmed up and excited about El Clásico!

Aitor Karanka said this at today's press conference:
Oh Mourinho, just park the bus man..

Robben going to Juventus confir-

http://u.goal.com/156800/156866hp2.jpg[IMG]

Btw, for anyone following Tuttosport's crazy (online) titles, yesterday's was fantastic. "Tanta Robben" [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif

I doubt there was any truth to it. He replied to the paper publishing the rumour I guess?

He's a 28 year-old expensive winger, his defensive contribution is non-existent and he's injury prone. If Bayern's sophisticated medical team can't fix him, then I doubt we can in Italy.

I doubt they are going to pick up the phone anyway after stealing Vidal
2Ltq1.gif

Carbonox

Horrible, horrible news. I hoped it wasn't true despite the football rivalry. You never hope a young girl has had to go through that.

There will never be an argument between us and them over the most classless sets of fans are, though. I hope those who have chanted "He'll shag who he wants" all season are pleased with themselves. Scum.

I will never understand why any one would do that, especially someone who is a professional footballer and who is rich and able to get with most girls on that fact alone.

Makes no sense whatsoever, especially at his age. I think you can safely say that his career is over.

Clegg

His co-defendant was found not guilty.

But he was in the same fucking room as them and he even tried to record the rape on his phone.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Borini now a doubt for Roma v Juventus.

edit:
Marteen Stekelenburg was struck down by a virus, and their back-up keeper is injured too.

WHAT'S GOING ON?

Moobabe

I will never understand why any one would do that, especially someone who is a professional footballer and who is rich and able to get with most girls on that fact alone.

Makes no sense whatsoever, especially at his age. I think you can safely say that his career is over.

You never know - look at Marlon King. I think clubs should have a blanket ban on ever, EVER, signing players with these kinds of convictions. It's disgraceful; and you're right - I don't understand the temptation for footballers, or indeed anyone, to commit such a disgusting crime.

Carbonox

Joe Cole: Liverpool was a bigger culture shock than France.

Its good to see Joe Cole enjoying his football with Lille.

I've always thought that he was one of the more talented English footballers of his generation

Seems he's doing very well in France. Scored or assisted in 13 goals in around 35 appearances.

I've always rated him. Liverpool just wasn't for him though. Maybe he will stay at Lille permanently or will Liverpool give him a chance next season?

Yen

Seems he's doing very well in France. Scored or assisted in 13 goals in around 35 appearances.

I've always rated him. Liverpool just wasn't for him though. Maybe he will stay at Lille permanently or will Liverpool give him a chance next season?

I hope not. Doubt it considering he was on at least £100k per week.

Bumhead

Banned

It'll be interesting to see how Danny Wilson handles this particular affair. When he was manager of us he played a huge hand in freezing out and forcing Di Canio out of the club after the Alcock push. It was a decision which in my opinion cost us the last 12 years of our history in terms of being relegated and failing to return.

There's a monumental difference between pushing a referee and being convicted of rape. Again, not to trivialise something like this, but it'll be interesting to see how he responds.

elsk

Banned
Looks like Ribéry was fined for the fight with Robben. I think Ribéry is too old to keep acting like a fucking child, I never liked his attitude and never will... He was a completely ass back at the start of the 09/10 season when he was trying to move to Real Madrid. Fuck him.

Seems like Gladbach is about to sign Basel's Xhaka.

Spend those Reus millions in a good way :D

Good, Xhaka is awesome! (thank God he isn't going to HSV haha)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
elsk said:
Looks like Ribéry was fined for the fight with Robben. I think Ribéry is too old to keep acting like a fucking child, I never liked his attitude and never will... He was a completely ass back at the start of the 09/10 season when he was trying to move to Real Madrid. Fuck him.
He's just missing Luca Toni. :p

pHkHe.jpg

Spider: Small teams
Snake:
Juve

:(

Stimpy

The fact Clayton McDonald was cleared is really odd to me, he's the guy that bumped into this girl & brought her to his hotel and then rang up Evans to tell him he'd "got a bird" yet he's cleared and his friend is guilty, really strange decision imo.

Top Bottom