• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Ched Evans has been convicted of rape.

Horrible, horrible news. I hoped it wasn't true despite the football rivalry. You never hope a young girl has had to go through that.

There will never be an argument between us and them over the most classless sets of fans are, though. I hope those who have chanted "He'll shag who he wants" all season are pleased with themselves. Scum.

I went to school with his cousin. He wasn't too bright either.

Yen

Pool kits according to RAWK:
liverpoolwarriorupdate-1.png

liverpoolwarriorupdateaway.png

liverpoolwarriorupdatethird-1.png

Good talent, just moved to the wrong clubs at the wrong time and suffered with injuries. He seems to be enjoying it in France, I hope he can stay there for that reason.

He'll have to reduce his wage demands to stay at Lille. Liverpool won't keep paying a huge portion of his salary and probably tell him to either move on or sit on the bench for the rest of his career. It's not like he really needs the cash right now either.

Pool kits according to RAWK:
Red
Black
Awesome

Yeah. I'm probably in a minority with liking that 3rd kit, but it's just fucking cool in a 'FABULOUS' kind of way.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The first two are quite cool!

I thought there was supposed to be a Hillsborough flame somewhere on the kit?

Yen

The first two are quite cool!

I thought there was supposed to be a Hillsborough flame somewhere on the kit?

Big flame on the back of the neck apparently.
The purple/tribal shirt is meant to be much worse in the flesh.

TeegsD

So Drogba out of the Arsenal game and might be out of the Barcelona second leg with an injury. Torres to shine in the next 2 games?

GorillaJu

Those are mock ups done by a RAWK member, not actual kits.

Apparently the home kit is nearly correct. The other two are off, but they're the best guesses anyone has right now.

Zabojnik

Borini (not confirmed), Juan, Burdisso, Cassetti, Stekelenburg and their reserve keeper.

According to the latest news Stekelenburg is fine, he's been training regulary today. Borini is still in doubt, they'll announce it tomorrow after the press conference. I'm pretty sure he'll be of the game, seeing how much they are hyping the match. In any case ... Roma ladrona, Juve padrona!

Also, CL teams fans will be pleased (or not?) to hear that Milan and Inter are calling it quits regarding San Siro's disastrous state of the pitch:

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan and Inter have found an agreement and a new, hybrid pitch will be laid in the summer (work starts June 15th), so it will be ready for the annual Trofeo Luigi Berlusconi.

“We definitely want to install the semi-synthetic pitch, consisting of natural grass mixed with artificial grass, at San Siro,” Milan vice President and Chief Executive Adriano Galliani said on Friday. “We also want to install the new semi-synthetic pitch, because we re-laid the pitch at San Siro again earlier this week.”

The new-planned pitch will consist of a synthetic base and natural grass on top, so it’ll be hybrid. Even Massimiliano Allegri complained about the state of the pitch after the defeat to Fiorentina at San Siro.

35kvbkg.png

elsk

Banned
According to the latest news Stekelenburg is fine, he's been training regulary today. Borini is still in doubt, they'll announce it tomorrow after the press conference. I'm pretty sure he'll be of the game, seeing how much they are hyping the match. In any case ... Roma ladrona, Juve padrona!

Also, CL teams fans will be pleased (or not?) to hear that Milan and Inter are calling it quits regarding San Siro's disastrous state of the pitch:

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan and Inter have found an agreement and a new, hybrid pitch will be laid in the summer (work starts June 15th), so it will be ready for the annual Trofeo Luigi Berlusconi.

“We definitely want to install the semi-synthetic pitch, consisting of natural grass mixed with artificial grass, at San Siro,” Milan vice President and Chief Executive Adriano Galliani said on Friday. “We also want to install the new semi-synthetic pitch, because we re-laid the pitch at San Siro again earlier this week.”

The new-planned pitch will consist of a synthetic base and natural grass on top, so it’ll be hybrid. Even Massimiliano Allegri complained about the state of the pitch after the defeat to Fiorentina at San Siro.

35kvbkg.png

I get Inter can't build their own stadium because they're in huge debt, but why Milan can't build a fucking stadium after all this time?

dc89

35kvbkg.png

I remember at the start of last season City relay their pitch. They did like photo's of it at each stage, damn it was scary stuff! Imagine tearing out perfectly good grass and risking a mess, the groundsmen are like scientists!

At the same time they installed electronic advertising boards and a artificial grass warm up area near the dug outs. Also some new TV camera wells for Sky 3D.

MPW

This teaser trailer

It's actually very good, I didn't expect this from the useless marketing department of Konami.
Real trailer coming on the 24th. I really don't care about shitty Pro Evo at this point, but the live action trailer is pretty awesome.

2013.jpg

awww yeah!!!

so who is making a thread in gaming? or is there one already for pes 2013?

Zabojnik

I get Inter can't build their own stadium because they're in huge debt, but why Milan can't build a fucking stadium after all this time?

It's a complicated matter. The short answer: this is Italy, dude. The longer one involves local (city) government opposing the construction of new proprietary stadiums. By conceeding the terrains and the necessary permissions they would basically shoot themselves in the foot and lose the money they get by leasing San Siro, Olimpico and all the other stadiums to the corresponding teams. Italy would need to push through a new law ...

dschalter

It's a complicated matter. The short answer: this is Italy, dude. The longer one involves local (city) government opposing the construction of new proprietary stadiums. By conceeding the terrains and the necessary permissions they would basically shoot themselves in the foot and lose the money they get by leasing San Siro, Olimpico and all the other stadiums to the corresponding teams. Italy would need to push through a new law ...

and given the financial situation government funding for new stadiums isn't exactly going to be generous.

Pachimari

awww yeah!!!

so who is making a thread in gaming? or is there one already for pes 2013?
I created one already.

By the way, AS reports Barca will line up with a 3-man defense while we will probably change our formation to a 3-man midfield.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
IheuZ.png

Awesome.
... which is why everybody's hoping and waiting for a successful WC or EC bid. European Union / FIFA funds ... It's a complete mess.

Sepp Blatter tweeted Del Piero, there's hope!

Jason Raize '75 - '04 said:
http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/MUFCKITS.png
Title holders badge. Shots fired.
HpJJO.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Drogba out of the Arsenal game and might be out of the Barcelona second leg with an injury. Torres to shine in the next 2 games?

I will eat my own head if Drogba doesn't play at the Camp Nou. It's just an excuse to rest him against Arsenal.

WJD

Fergie about Pogba:

"We've agreed a deal with his agent. It's now down to the boy. He's at the right club and is going to be a first team player"

So I guess he's back to being good again?

Also the United kit looks less disgusting on this pic...

images

Fergie about Pogba:

"We've agreed a deal with his agent. It's now down to the boy. He's at the right club and is going to be a first team player"

428108_2598883853156_1286569923_31870661_722712498_n.jpg

Quickly Salazar! Back track! Back track! Back traaaaack!

Salvadora

Fergie about Pogba:

428108_2598883853156_1286569923_31870661_722712498_n.jpg

Pogba is taking the piss. Who knows what sort of player he will be, He's lucky to play for United.

WJD

Pogba is taking the piss. Who knows what sort of player he will be, He's lucky to play for United.

As many doubts as I have about his character/agent, I have very few about his potential. Whoever he ends up playing for may well have a star on their hands.

Don't like the red socks for United. They should ALWAYS be black. Why are the Arsenal one's black? Mix up?

Yeah, hopefully it's a cock up. Can only imagine United in black or white socks.

Top Bottom