• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
*Updated* Most shots per game in Europe's top 5 leagues this season:

8cX6d.png

advHd.gif

dc89

They are not fake and they are revolting. It's going to be glorious seeing athletes draped in a table cloth playing next year.

Also it's funny how they have put the gold PL patches on the sleeves which signifies the current champions.

Did they just guess United would end up winning the league or is that proof of a deeper level conspiracy?

Wilbur

Banned
They are not fake and they are revolting. It's going to be glorious seeing athletes draped in a table cloth playing next year.

Also it's funny how they have put the gold PL patches on the sleeves which signifies the current champions.

Did they just guess United would end up winning the league or is that proof of a deeper level conspiracy?

They guessed.

elsk

Banned
Spain to present plan on wiping out tax debts
http://fourfourtwo.com/news/spain/99872/default.aspx

MADRID, April 20 (Reuters) - The Spanish government has agreed a plan with the football league (LFP) to help clubs clear combined debts of some 750 million euros ($991 million) with the tax authorities by around 2020, an official said on Friday.
Secretary of State for Sport Miguel Cardenal, who was appointed after the centre-right People's Party (PP) won a general election late last year, said the plan would be presented on Wednesday.
"It is not possible to say all the professional teams have outstanding debts with the tax authorities," Cardenal said at a Europa Press event in Madrid.
"Those that do, for the most part, have their debts sorted out into payment plans with conditions, just like any other Spanish business might do," he added.
"Over the last few weeks the (government) and the LFP have had meetings and they have reached their conclusion.
"We hope (the plan) will put a break on the growth of this debt and that it will disappear in a few years. Probably by 2020 this problem will have been effectively resolved."
The government is keen to wipe out the clubs' tax debts as part of a sweeping austerity drive aimed at meeting fiscal targets agreed with the European Union.
Cardenal said last month clubs also owe around 600 million to the social security system.
"This wasn't a negotiation, because there was absolutely no resistance on the part of the LFP and they want to correct the situation as well," Cardenal said.
"The league aren't happy with this situation because it affects the fairness of the competition and their reputation and image," he added.
Many clubs have slipped deeper into the red in recent years as they struggle to pay spiralling wage and transfer costs and some have been forced into administration following a futile struggle to remain competitive.
A study published this month by a professor of accounting at the University of Barcelona showed the 20 clubs in Spain's top division had combined debts of some 3.53 billion euros at the end of last season, up from 3.43 billion a year earlier.
With around 550 million owed by the 22 teams in the second tier, Spanish professional soccer is more than four billion euros in the red.
Real Madrid and Barcelona, the world's richest clubs by income, both have debts of close to 600 million euros, according to Gay's research, while Atletico Madrid owes more than 500 million and Valencia almost 400 million. ($1 = 0.7571 euros)

If I get some old 3D red blue glasses, look at that picture of the Man U kits and THEN go cross-eyed will my mind be blown?

yes

Meier

somewhat delayed reply, but i saw the post last night on a different computer.

Holy cow, just noticed this. Insane! :O As is often the case in real life, FM does not value players in the Portuguese leagues quite as much. My biggest sale ever remains for $49 million (Gaston Ramirez) even in 2019 and after years and years of winning the Champion's League repeatedly. I have a few guys valued in the high 30s right now (Luis Guilherme who I snagged for $2 million in the first year and a Brazilian regen CM and LB and a Portuguese regen striker from my youth academy) that I could probably get $50-60+ million out of, but I'm guessing I'd never see $90 million.

How much money does Evilore make from this site?

6 figures at least per year.. I'd guess at least a few hundred k. Could easily be more though. The not really having to do any work aspect of things feels like it'd be priceless to me.

Reading a book about a danish footballer. Some pretty great stories in there, like Bernard Mendy and Bülent Akin fighting until there's blood on the floor in Boltons dressing room. Sam Allardyce then calls Mendy into another room and while he's in there talking to Allardyce, Akin storms in and kicks Mendy in the head where they start fighting again.
KuGsj.gif

Would be great with some footage from down there sometimes, just to see what crazy shit happens.

Reading a book about a danish footballer. Some pretty great stories in there, like Bernard Mendy and Bülent Akin fighting until there's blood on the floor in Boltons dressing room. Sam Allardyce then calls Mendy into another room and while he's in there talking to Allardyce, Akin storms in and kicks Mendy in the head where they start fighting again.
KuGsj.gif

Would be great with some footage from down there sometimes, just to see what crazy shit happens.

:lol

You can just imagine Allardyce watching on unperturbed with his fat smug grin.

Hixx

I almost forgot Vidal's fuck up. We'd be 4 points up right now!

[im.g]http://i.minus.com/iISIt3VoPPoMZ.gif[/img]
The fuck? Chocolate at room temperature is not soft. This is madness.

Chocolate at room temperature is rank. If it doesn't make a snapping noise when you bite it and it melts in your hands instantly UR DOIN IT RONG

:lol

You can just imagine Allardyce watching on unperturbed with his fat smug grin.

The fighting started on the training pitch but didn't get bad enough there but didn't get more violent than a few punches, he describes how Allardyce is actually smiling at that point and letting them fight it out. But when it started being kicks to head and shit inside he had to tell them to stop.

Chocolate at room temperature is rank. If it doesn't make a snapping noise when you bite it and it melts in your hands instantly UR DOIN IT RONG

What the fuck is this shit you people are crazy! When you buy chocolate you don't take it from the refrigerated section!

Top Bottom