• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

feel

Some players came by for training too, we were allowed to see them from far. Messi had an awesome audi and seeing him even from so far was glorious. He is real. He exists <3
lol

Made me remember how bizarre it was when I saw him live warming up on the pitch before an Argentina vs Mexico game in 2007 here in Venezuela. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that he was real and doing keep uppy 15 meters away from me.

Messi

lol

Made me remember how bizarre it was when I saw him live warming up on the pitch before an Argentina vs Mexico game in 2007 here in Venezuela. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that he was real and doing keep uppy 15 meters away from me.

Yeah first time I was at the Nou Camp last season, I was in awe in the front row during the warm up. Xavi, iniesta alves and messi were all over at our side warming up and I kept thinking "holy shit, they are right there no more that 5-10 meters away"

Also Pinto was the first person out well before Valdes and the people in the front (myself inculded) started a Pinto chant and he gave us a thumbs up.

Argh thinking about it is making me want to go over again right now. But I am going to have to wait until next season. Might even go over for the Gamper depending on who the other team is.

As rovers hover over the precipice let me post this poem written about Jack Walker when he died and never more apt than now (I appreciate to most it's just an amateur poem but for us it means a lot)

I have never written a poem before, I don’t see any point in rhyme
it never appeals to us working class, it’s just a waste of time.
Well now its abit different, I need to tell you how I feel
and in some small way pay tribute to the Blackburn man of steel.
Its vital not to miss the point, footballs not just a bit of fun,
its pride and passion, skill and strength all rolled into one.

It’s not about Man Utd, Chelsea or some foreign fancy Dan,
Its Blackburn, Preston, Burnley, that’s where it all began.
Where what you see is what you get, but don’t show how you feel
but I'm making my exception for the Blackburn Man of Steel.
I really need to thank him for the pride he gave us back
just for a while we were the best, Thanks to Uncle Jack!

Few people have the vision to make a dream come true
The beauty of Jack Walker’s was - We got an invite too
Some saw him as a rich old man who bought a winning team
But for me they miss the point, he gave us all our dream!!

I think its maybe true to say it could not last forever
But then again Im sure, its better once than never!
And even if those winning ways never do come back
they can’t take away our memories, Thanks to Uncle Jack!!

Hendry, Sutton, Batty, Shearer - the names run off the tongue
But 'THERE'S ONLY ONE JACK WALKER' is still the Rovers song
So forget the players agents and smart Armani Suits
Raise a glass to Uncle Jack, A man who knew his roots

Almost brings a tear to my eye, they can fuck us any way they want but the cunts will never take away what uncle jack gave us!

RTID

Fuck I think it's sinking in

Arnie

I can appreciate that poem just because it mentions Preston. And because I see how much the club means to my step dad, and to an extent my mum in the last few years.

Regarding the posts describing the awe in which they look upon their team in the flesh, I wish I still got as star struck. I'll be stood there watching Jay Spearing warm up on Sunday and my heart won't miss a beat.

I've spent enough money on alcohol this week but this makes me want to drink:

McLeish when he was managing a Scottish side had a chance to get Messi on loan and said no because of his side. Get him out!!

Hi guys.

That video of the Liverpool players doing kick ups was cool. I wish United did more stuff like that, it surprises me they haven't when you consider our branding department works overtime. Nani would obv. win though so I guess it's a pretty pointless task.

United shirts, I am quite sure those are fake. The template may be real but those two are definitely fakes. I know the home kit will have the red chequered design but I'd be quite surprised if the away was the same. How often are away kits exactly the same as the home just with different colours? I'm expecting something different for the away.

Pogba. Wat? Deal agreed? His agent isn't a total knob? I am very confused about this whole situation and tbh I am just bored of it too. I almost don't care what happens, except I do...because he is going to be a great player one day.

Chocolate at room temperature is without doubt the best. You guys should try putting a piece of Cabury's dairy milk (without doubt the best chocolate outside of Lindt) in your mouth and then sip on some tea/coffee whatever. It's just heavenly.

Homeland is awesome. I knew it would end the way it did. I was disappointed.

feel

My tv service will have the classico in 3d. First time I've seen them even mention 3d. Already set it up to record it on the dvr so I can check it out some other time (will watch live in regular HD with some friends), kinda curious to see how it looks.

Salazar

A new Super Mario Bros has been announced for the 3DS.

I jizzed everywhere.

oCekO.gif

Would trade for a crushing win over Everton.

Pachimari

Dark chocolate is alright at room temperature but light choco is too sweet when at that temperature.

Generally chocolate needs to be at fridge temperature so it gets that white texture, that's when you know that you got something special coming for your mouth, yum.

I think I'm gonna watch the Chelsea-Arsenal game now that I managed to get a little fever over the night.

A new Super Mario Bros has been announced for the 3DS.

I jizzed everywhere.

Ia m gonna have to get a 3ds by year end, 2d Marios are absolute sex, and unlike most people I actually have no problem with the artstyle whatsoever especially in the wii one which I though was fully realized.

Pachimari

I'm pretty sure we'll line up with a 4-3-3 formation for tonight against FC Barcelona. Lass will start and I think it'll be in midfield. Probably something like this:

Casillas
Arbeloa, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Coentrao
Khedira, Xabi Alonso, Lass
Kaká
Higuaín, Cristiano

But I would prefer seeing Lass at right back with either Nuri Sahin og Esteban Granero in midfield. It could also be Di María instead of Kaká.

Vikjsl.jpg

FC Barcelona 2-3 Real Madrid C.F.

Pachimari

If Madrid win tomorrow, game over :( I hope Barcelona win but honestly it's gonna be a close game I feel.

If it ends in a draw, then it's game over for Barcelona as well.
Then we can afford to lose against Athletic Bilbao and we won't lose against Sevilla, Granada and Mallorca.

Blablurn

lol, ribery has to pay 50k € for hitting robben. during the last training session, they didnt talk to each other, didnt even pass the ball to each other. oh god, madrid is going to destroy us. what a bunch of little princesses in our time.

elsk

Banned
lol, ribery has to pay 50k € for hitting robben. during the last training session, they didnt talk to each other, didnt even pass the ball to each other. oh god, madrid is going to destroy us. what a bunch of little princesses in our time.

Well, that shit had to happen just right now eh? In times like this I miss van Gaal.

dc89

So today, I'm at work until 6 and then I can get back and watch El Classico! I hope we get to see Fady in the crowd, I think he'll be so happy he'd have a tear in his eye. Enjoy the game Fady!

Choc

Banned
So this is now very scary

Its being reported doctors have no idea why Muamba went into Cardiac Arrest on the field

and Morosinis post mortem was also inconclusive and not a heart attack.

What the heck is going on :O

MPW

I'm pretty sure we'll line up with a 4-3-3 formation for tonight against FC Barcelona. Lass will start and I think it'll be in midfield. Probably something like this:

nah

park the bus, play 5 at the back!

get a draw

lose at bilbao

still win the league!!!!!

panty

I'm going to miss Arsenal-Chelsea today because one of my sisters is visiting and we're going to sea life with her daughter. Fml :(

Top Bottom