• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Dare we dream? If QPR get anything I think we can!

Fuck me if we actually get CL football the day we get it will be fucking MENTAL in the city centre. It will be worth it for that day alone.

Kyoufu

Remember guys.

Every season I've followed the PL, Man United have won the PL and Newcastle have qualified for CL.

This is exactly where my bloated expectations come from.

Fantomex

space_chimps_gareth-bale.jpg

Spurs game coming up!

Scum

Dare we dream? If QPR get anything I think we can!

Fuck me if we actually get CL football the day we get it will be fucking MENTAL in the city centre. It will be worth it for that day alone.

You should also hope that Barca stop Chelsea from getting anywhere the CL final, or even if Chelsea did, that they'd promptly lose the final. 'cos it will cruel to be screwed out of 4th spot if they win it.

Then again, imagine if you finished 3rd and Chelsea won the CL...

Jermaine Jones punched Huntelaar in the face lol

How that asshole is still allowed to play football is beyond me. Not that punching Huntelaar is that wrong, though, but still :D

Scum

My friend and his family support Coventry. They've been pretty fuming about recent times. Used to enjoy watching Newcastle/Coventry matches with him. Sad to see what's happened. Hope they get back.

Shame to see that happen after the game but it is to be expected, unfortunately.

offshore

Nope. Chelsea winning CL will fuck us given our tough fixtures.

But if we finish third and Arsenal/Spurs fourth and get denied, it will be hilarious...

Still, at least the PL season will be finished by the CL final, so we'll already know if we want Chelsea to win it or not, assuming they're in the final.

Kyoufu

But if we finish third and Arsenal/Spurs fourth and get denied, it will be hilarious...

Still, at least the PL season will be finished by the CL final, so we'll already know if we want Chelsea to win it or not, assuming they're in the final.

I'm sorry but I'm not rooting for Chelsea over Bayern, Real or Barca lol.

I'm liking Chelsea more and more lately though (Di Matteo is awesome).

edit: I would remove that gif :lol

Scum

Funny, sure. But I'm not liking the idea of Chelsea in the final, which means it's probably going to happen. It's a shitty rule anyway.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs twitter has Pritchard's gear up in the dressing room but he's not been listed on any of the team sheets I've seen. A little strange.

Presumably that was in case someone got injured in the warm up or something.

We really need to reinforce this summer, preferably with players of a higher class than what we got last summer. When we need to rely on Song to provide assists most of the time, you know there is something wrong with that midfield

Pachimari

“Fábio did the work that he was given. Robben was unable to beat him, he didn’t score a goal, he couldn’t get into the game. He (Fábio) played well. It’s always easy to criticize, but it won’t have a effect on tomorrow [on whether Coentrão or Marcelo starts].”

Question: Will Barcelona beat you tonight?

Answer:
malafeev-03.gif

Wilbur

Banned
We really need to reinforce this summer, preferably with players of a higher class than what we got last summer. When we need to rely on Song to provide assists most of the time, you know there is something wrong with that midfield

To be fair, Song isn't your typical DM. And Wilshere being out for the season hasn't helped. Arteta's been a fantastic buy

MPW

Pretty sure it would have to be Selcuk Inan @ something like 3.5 mil a year.

he's worth the money though

whenever i see GS highlights, dude is creating attacks, setting up goals, opening up defense, great fks

good luck to lass @ gs

FT MK Dons 1- 0 Sheff Utd

FT The Wednesday 2 - 1 Carlise

Code:
                        Played 	Goal  Points

1 	Charlton 	44 	45 	97
 2 	Sheff Utd 	44 	41 	88
 3 	Sheff Wed 	44 	30 	87
 4 	MK Dons 	44 	37 	77
 5 	Huddersfield 	44 	30 	77
 6 	Stevenage 	44 	22 	69

Squeaky bum time.