• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Eh
he loved her like a daughter, she loved him like a father. The fact he went against her wishes and was going to kill Batman means a yes ma'am obviously wasn't coming.

Yeah, but he conveniently waited for her to be gone. I'm not saying he's a complete pussy, obviously. Maybe a second viewing will change my mind, but I just can't picture theirs as a daughter / father kind of relationship. More like a master / adoring right-hand kind of thing.

Arnie

One thing I've wondered, did Italy-GAF watch TDKR in English with subtitles?

Does that not taint the movie a bit, considering things like Bane's voice.

3Sixty

That U21 Prem league should be fun.

A certain amount of games must be played at the main stadium.

SaintsFC will play three of their first seven U21 home games at St Mary's: Spurs (24th Sep), Newcastle (29th Oct) and Man Utd (3rd Dec).

Might see if i can get down to 1 or 2.

Kicker says that Reus and Götze both have a release clause in their contract (allegedly €35m upwards starting 2014 or 2015) but Hummels signed the new contract without any clause at all.

I can totally live with those release clauses but Hummels is so fucking awesome. He's like the perfect player. One of the best on his position, is a true leader, smart, handsome :)D), loyal, doesn't act like a prick and is extremely likeable. Thanks again, Bayern :)

Wilbur

Banned
Kicker says that Reus and Götze both have a release clause in their contract (allegedly €35m upwards starting 2014 or 2015) but Hummels signed the new contract without any clause at all.

I can totally live with those release clauses but Hummels is so fucking awesome. He's like the perfect player. One of the best on his position, is a true leader, smart, handsome :)D), loyal, doesn't act like a prick and is extremely likeable. Thanks again, Bayern :)

Götze for 35m Euros in two years could be an incredible deal

Zabojnik

One thing I've wondered, did Italy-GAF watch TDKR in English with subtitles?

Does that not taint the movie a bit, considering things like Bane's voice.

Italy-GAF will have to wait until the 29th of August to see it. The cinemas are closed during the summer. For some reason they're convinced nobody cares about movies during the hot season.

There's not such thing as subtitles in Italy. Everything is dubbed. And yeah, it completely ruins the experience. I saw TDKR in english with slovenian subtitles. It sucks, but that's the only option here.

Arnie

Italy-GAF will have to wait until the 29th of August to see it. The cinemas are closed during the summer. For some reason they're convinced nobody cares about movies during the hot season.

There's not such thing as subtitles in Italy. Everything is dubbed. And yeah, it completely ruins the experience. I saw TDKR in english with slovenian subtitles. It sucks, but that's the only option here.
That sounds terrible.

Brendan Rodgers wrote a letter to be sent to every one of the fans who travelled to support the team in Gomel last night:

BR said:
Dear Supporter,

I want to say a sincere thank-you for making the effort to come to Gomel last night to support us in our first competitive match of the season.

The players and I are fully aware of the trials and tribulations surrounding travel for games; in particular, the costs, the necessity for visas and the transportation issues involved with this trip, so we wanted to let you know that your efforts are greatly appreciated.

It was a privilege to acknowledge your support on the evening at the ground, as we did following the full-time whistle, but I wanted to reiterate our thanks with this brief message.

It was a special night for me personally and it was great to see you in the stadium and in great voice; you made me proud and you made the players proud. You are an integral part of this team.

Both last night in Belarus and on the club's tour to North America, I am continually humbled by the passion and commitment you show in supporting the team. We will never take you for granted.

I look forward to seeing and hearing you across the continent and at home as we progress through this competition.

Thank you again.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Brendan

brendan_rodgers_501bd2a5b070c961951357.jpg

ATF487

What?!

There's a lot of things I don't like about the US but sometimes I wonder if I could get used to things not being open all the time if I moved elsewhere.

Sydney Leroux(who) is hot too

Fuck yeah, we apparently managed to shit Pate Pape Diouf off to some Arabian club, probably one of our worst purchases in years. Also you bitches should be careful with the TDKR spoilers in here.

I really hate dubs.

Dubbed movies are the worst. Never minded subtitles much though, although I don't really read them today.

Götze for 35m Euros in two years could be an incredible deal

To be honest, I don't know where they have those numbers from. But considering they are, too, using "allegedly" in the article suggests that the "source" is probably Bild.de. They had an article about a Reus release clause for €35m, so that's where the number is coming from. But they didn't write anything about Götze. And I'm pretty sure Götze's release clause is higher. Last year, there were already 40m Götze rumors. And even if all was bullshit, I don't see us agreeing on a clause less than those 40m.

Wilbur

Banned
Arnie, Rodgers is doing everything class so far.

Fuck yeah, we apparently managed to shit Pate Pape Diouf off to some Arabian club, probably one of our worst purchases in years. Also you bitches should be careful with the TDKR spoilers in here.

We're being careful ASSHOE

Used to subtitles, my brother is deaf so had them on for every film we've ever watched. Confuses me when people moan about foreign films, subtitles is a million times better than dubbing.

To be honest, I don't know where they have those numbers from. But considering they are, too, using "allegedly" in the article suggests that the "source" is probably Bild.de. They had an article about a Reus release clause for €35m, so that's where the number is coming from. But they didn't write anything about Götze. And I'm pretty sure Götze's release clause is higher. Last year, there were already 40m Götze rumors. And even if all was bullshit, I don't see us agreeing on a clause less than those 40m.

Well it's Bild who I seem to have picked up on being pretty shit from all you BundesGAF. Looking forward to Götze having a big year.

Tc91

Yea, she shoulda scored at least 2 today. I bet Morgan's knee will be sore for a few days after that. LeRoux is pretty good though.

And she scores.

So its USA vs Japan/Brazil. I wanna see a GB vs USA final that'd be pretty good.

GorillaJu

Everything I ever watch is in subs. I love foreign movies and my gf needs subs to watch English ones. Dubs are terrible though. Voice actors doing work for actors in the real situation never works out. Sounds parodical.

Arnie that Rodgers letter is pretty classy. Allen is apparently a done deal now anyway. Macca and djphal said so, that's enough for me.

Yen

Arnie, Rodgers is doing everything class so far.

Few people on RAWK are already convinced he's a snake-oil salesman.

The only films I choose dubbing over subtitles are Studio Ghibli, but they are animation so yeah. Liam Neeson in Ponyo is fantastic.

Well it's Bild who I seem to have picked up on being pretty shit from all you BundesGAF. Looking forward to Götze having a big year.

It will be his hardest year so far. He can't play at the moment because there's something wrong with his eye. Unfortunately, he desperately needs to play and get some match time again. He had like one full match in the last 9 months. I don't see him getting past Reus, Kuba, Großkreutz and Perisic in the first few matches.

GorillaJu

Few people on RAWK are already convinced he's a snake-oil salesman.

The only films I choose dubbing over subtitles are Studio Ghibli, but they are animation so yeah. Liam Neeson in Ponyo is fantastic.

Ghibli movies have great dubbing. I still prefer the Japanese though. I require the original language.

Can't help but feel that Rodgers is trying a bit too hard to get the fans fully behind him. Maybe he feels its necessary after the silly fan reactions to Kenny's sacking, but it just feels a bit forced sometimes.

Fry

Can't help but feel that Rodgers is trying a bit too hard to get the fans fully behind him. Maybe he feels its necessary after the silly fan reactions to Kenny's sacking, but it just feels a bit forced sometimes.

I think he's class.

Not so much in the transfer window though :p at least so far.

Hixx

Brendan-Rodgers-008.jpg

this is permanently his face after all the wafts of shite he's had to endure while brown nosing

Arnie

Of course he's going to try hard, he's following Dalglish, and we've now got a reputation of dumping managers that rivals Chelsea's.

I was watching the game last night thinking, "I can't believe people went through all this effort to fly out and watch this". The game was dross, we were still clearly not ready for competitive action, yet these Liverpool fans flew through numerous countries, and hurdled plenty of travel issues to do so. A letter from our manager, for whom last night was no doubt a special moment, is perfectly understandable, and respectable, in my opinion.

this is permanently his face after all the wafts of shite he's had to endure while brown nosing
Didn't Martin O Neill invent some bullshit about being a Sunderland fan as a kid?

Then why do you cry

I'm not really crying, don't care too much about the spoilers but other (like you before you watched it) might care a lot. Usually when spoiling especially recent movies you stick to the thread about it or at the very least is very carefully when spoilering in other threads, having posts that doesn't clearly state it's TDKR spoilers in it is shitty and people will get accidentally spoil themselves when the posts in the top of a new page is just big spoilers, some spoiler etiquette wouldn't hurt in a thread that has nothing to do with the movie.

French transfer window ends in 12 days. T_T

You can still buy their players. Russian clubs constantly buy players outside of the leagues which they buys from transfer windows.

Zabojnik

I think I'm in shock. Palazzi asked for a 1 year ban for Simone Pepe, who is accused of having received a phone call, OF WHICH THERE IS NO RECORD OF and in which he allegedly REFUSED TO A FIXING MATCH PROPOSAL. Someone explain this to me because I think I'm close to going insane. What is this? North Korea? Bizarro World?

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not really crying, don't care too much about the spoilers but other (like you before you watched it) might care a lot. Usually when spoiling especially recent movies you stick to the thread about it or at the very least is very carefully when spoilering in other threads, having posts that doesn't clearly state it's TDKR spoilers in it is shitty and people will get accidentally spoil themselves when the posts in the top of a new page is just big spoilers, some spoiler etiquette wouldn't hurt in a thread that has nothing to do with the movie.

sob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom