• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
You guys still think that dropping Pulido from México's final squad for the olympics was a good idea?
He was great in the pre-olympic.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
and dont underestimate el tri's choke artist, regulus tera, to bring mexico's hope's so low.
:D
My jinxing abilities are well-known in this forum. I'm trying to bring balance to the force.
You guys still think that dropping Pulido from México's final squad for the olympics was a good idea?
He was great in the pre-olympic.
He got awful by the time we won Toulon (Santos' Cándido Ramírez showed more capabilities there), plus he didn't get any playing time with his club. Not like Raúl Jiménez had any cred either.

bjaelke

Lol, Danmark Women's Handball team is The Handball's team equivalent to England. They have the best league and all the talent in the game plays in their league, while the national team is shite.

None of the is as beautiful (and as good) as Heidi Løke too.
4Rf4B.jpg

Women
handball
belong to the 90s. This millennium is all about the men.

Salazar

Boardwalk Empire S2

lol Darmody. That's what you get, you uppity motherfucker.

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles
#PSG now saying both privately and publicly that the club has completed its business in the summer transfer

Phew.

EeLtq.gif

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm 217 pages late, but I'm officially ready for the new season.

Not got any high expectations or anything but hopefully Brendan Rodgers can build a solid foundation.

Kozak

Banned
Walking Dead S2

NOOOO NOT DALE!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Man I must have not been properly paying attention to something because it didn't cross my mind that Dale was taking Rick out to kill him..

Highlight of S2 has to be when they open the shed imo, great scene!

On topic:

Woo Krasic! oh yeah!

Salazar

Arnie, I don't care if Spotify doesn't have it.

"Lookout Mountain, Lookout Sea" by the Silver Jews should be part of your life.

elsk

Banned
Supposedly Utd. is going to sign Lewandowski after this season:
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=374195
Juve was also in the race.

/edit

ARRRGH

tuttomercatoweb? That's like quoting the daily mail or something. Goal.com is more reliable.
Kicker said Bayern offered him like 7.5m salary per year. So the interest in him was real, and Dortmund blocked any transfer but I guess next season he'll leave somewhere. I doubt Dortmund is going to offer him that kind of money.

tuttomercatoweb? That's like quoting the daily mail or something. Goal.com is more reliable.
Kicker said Bayern offered him like 7.5m salary per year. So the interest in him was real, and Dortmund blocked any transfer but I guess next season he'll leave somewhere. I doubt Dortmund is going to offer him that kind of money.

Yeah, site looks dodgy as hell. But I'm no Italian...so no idea.
We could easily afford a 7m salary, but that would mess up the wage structure (4m Götze/Reus/Hummels afaik), so no way. Either he signs one with a 3-4m wage + incentives & maybe a one-time loyalty payment or he'll be sold...but certainly not to the highest bidder & not to the direct rival. So, Bayern is unlikely.

/edit
It sucks though. He looks like he could become one of the best strikers in his age group. He showed some mad skills in the pre-season matches so far...

Clegg

Reports in Marca saying that SAF is interested in Sahin but only if its a permanent transfer.

Not sure if its just Marca bollocks or legit info though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sandro can't play vs. Honduras. He's out because of yellow cards.

Feels good man :D
we're still fucked.

nooooooooooooooo

I thought that was Alex Sandro. Ah well, I'll just have to watch Gio vs Senegal for my Spurs fix.

EDIT: Wait, it is Alex Sandro, not Sandro Raniere (the Spurs one) who is suspended.

Apparently Nani is beginning to get annoyed he isn't getting his new contract.

Nani out and Moura in is something I can see happening, that would be so shit.

Which club do you see him going to?
No idea really. It will have to be a club that can afford to pay £25m+. I don't think either of the Spanish giants will be interested, they already have great players in that position.

In Italy I can see clubs wanting him but again I'm not sure if they can afford him. Nani did go on record earlier this summer saying something like "it's not all about playing in England or Spain" which makes me wonder if he's considering a move to somewhere like PSG or worse...Russia. I can even see City and Chelsea (though maybe not now they've signed some wingers) being interested but we will never sell to them IMO.

It's just speculation I guess but it's starting to worry me. Nani is a brilliant player and we shouldn't be looking to offload him and more than that we should be rewarding his good form with a pay rise. Obv no idea what he wants but I bet we're lowballing him.

Really hope he signs an extension. One of my favourite players.

Clegg

Apparently Nani is beginning to get annoyed he isn't getting his new contract.

Nani out and Moura in is something I can see happening, that would be so shit.

TBH I think United will end up selling him as we don't seem prepared to offer him what he wants. Its just so ridiculous considering that hes one of the best wingers in the world.

Hes done everything in the last 2 years to show that he deserves an improved contract.

If Real were to offer us £20m + Sahin then I'd be tempted to take that offer.

Shahed

Looking forward to the game today at SJP. Honduras are gonna get murdered.

Hopefully there'll be better atmosphere at the game this time. It's a sell out I've heard. Got better seats this time as well.

TBH I think United will end up selling him as we don't seem prepared to offer him what he wants. Its just so ridiculous considering that hes one of the best wingers in the world.

Nani is good like, but he seems to be quite hit and miss. Do you not think Valencia is overall the better player? Not that you can't have both that is

Hes done everything in the last 2 years to show that he deserves an improved contract.

If Real were to offer us £20m + Sahin then I'd be tempted to take that offer.
I'd even take a straight swap tbh. Would be a risk but Sahin is exactly what we need.

Selling Nani and not buying a replacement leaves us short on the wings. We have Valencia and Young but we rely on the pace out wide alot so having 3 good options there is important - was against signing Young cos I thought 2 were enough but I was wrong; still don't really like Young though. I guess Kagawa or Welbeck could cover but that's not ideal.

lol what happened here? conjunctivitis?
Yeah, that's why he can't play any pre-season matches...

I doubt there was serious interest, sure they would have taken him. But Bayern knew we wouldn't sell him, that offer was just a typical Bayern move to try to get Lewy unsettled and to break our wage structure.

It sucks though. He looks like he could become one of the best strikers in his age group. He showed some mad skills in the pre-season matches so far...

I blame his agent. Klopp is right, there's no problem with Lewandowski, it's his agent. But whatever, Lewandowski doesn't deserve higher wages than Hummels. So he either signs a contract and/or gets rid of his agent or he can go away for a high price. Schieber looks okay and I could see him do great with Reus behind him. Also, Ducksch will fuck shit up in a few years :D

Fabio Cannavaro has offered himself to lead our bench as coach while Conte is banned.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no thanks, Fabio. We don't need you now. We needed you in 2006, cazzo di buffone.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom