• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I'd even take a straight swap tbh. Would be a risk but Sahin is exactly what we need.

Selling Nani and not buying a replacement leaves us short on the wings. We have Valencia and Young but we rely on the pace out wide alot so having 3 good options there is important - was against signing Young cos I thought 2 were enough but I was wrong; still don't really like Young though. I guess Kagawa or Welbeck could cover but that's not ideal.

I think Nanis value is around £30-35m. Sahin is a very good player but had a nothing season last year and Mourinho has gone on record as saying that he'd be willing to let Sahin leave. I know he said only on loan but I think if a good enough offer was to come in then Sahin could leave Madrid permanently.

A straight swap between Nani and Sahin would be extremely bad business for United. This is all purely hypothetical of course. Nani will be sold next summer, probably to City, at an extremely reduced price because he'll be in the last year of his contract.

It would be dumb to let go of Nani, who is great now, and get Lucas, who might be great later. Nani can play on both wings, which helps if Valencia or Young get injured. Nani is also much better than Young.

Oh shit. Red card for Egypt.

Also, this commentator keeps calling kiyotake, kiyotalk. :lol

Salvadora

I posted this on the last page, but for the muppets that missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kuu9uLAxMY

That's what he did with Madrid coming back from injury and not getting a consistent run of games. It's obvious the talent is there. Whoever gets him is going to get a bargain.
José Mourinho gives Real Madrid blessing to Nuri Sahin move to Arsenal

José Mourinho has told Arsenal he will not stand in the way of their attempt to sign the midfielder Nuri Sahin. The London club want Sahin from Real Madrid on a season-long loan, with an option to make the deal permanent, and they are confident he will become their second acquisition of the summer from La Liga. The Málaga midfielder Santi Cazorla has agreed personal terms on his £16m transfer to Arsenal and passed a medical, although the clubs have not yet announced the transfer.

Sahin, the 23-year-old Turkey international, moved to Madrid from Borussia Dortmund only last summer and he is disappointed that Mourinho considers him to be a disposable asset. Sahin barely featured in La Liga last season and played at left-back in the second half of Madrid's 5-1 friendly win over Los Angeles Galaxy on Thursday, which felt like an ominous sign for his future at the club. He would hope for greater opportunities at Arsenal, where Jack Wilshere and Tomas Rosicky are injured.

"The point is that he [Sahin] is a young boy, he wants to play every match," said Mourinho, the Madrid manager. "And in Real Madrid with Xabi Alonso, with [Sami] Khedira, with Lassana [Diarra], [Esteban] Granero, [Mesut] Ozil … the situation is not easy. Real Madrid is very difficult. We have great players and, when you don't start well, it is difficult to do it.

"If he stays, he's not a problem for me, he's one more solution. We leave [the situation] in his hands. Decide what you want to decide, to be happy. If you decide to leave, we are going to help you to leave. If you decide to stay, we are going to support you and try to succeed this season."

Cazorla flew to London on Thursday to undergo his Arsenal medical and he also met some of his future team-mates at Arsenal's training ground, where there is excitement about his imminent arrival but the announcement of the deal has been delayed because of the complexities of Málaga's situation, where the Qatari owner is attempting to sell the club.

Arsenal want Cazorla to come to their training camp in Germany next week and make his debut in the friendly against Köln next Sunday. Arsenal also hope Sahin will be able to link up with them in Germany.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/03/jose-mourinho-nuri-sahin-arsenal

Clegg

I reckon City are going to sign at least 2 players before the transfer window closes. One of them being RVP and the other being a defender. Agger maybe?

United have strengthened by signing Kagawa but if we want to challenge City next season we need a new LB/CM. And actual squad rotation rather than the mix 'n' match policy that was adopted last season.

And no more bloody injuries please.

Clegg

Bit annoyed when Ferguson said we'd be pretty light at the back if we picked up injuries.

SO FIX IT, SAF.

I genuinely think RVP could be sour on the idea of being an extra striker at City.

I think RVP actually wants to win something. Hes had years of failure with Arsenal so actually being in with a chance of winning trophies must be a huge draw for him.

And RVP would play most games for City. I think hes better than Tevez and Balotelli. It will be Aguero and RVP as Citys forward partnership.

Slizz

Womens Beach Volleyball should always be primetime....

The Italian defensewoman Menagatti is balling and quite attractive.

EDIT: Brazil vs. Honduras Olympic football leading into PSG vs Barca friendly? Yes please.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Your daily dose of Italoly. I can't believe they dragged Di Vaio of all people into this..

“I am rather emotional, because I am playing one of the most important matches of my life, if not the most important,” said Di Vaio in his defence at the Disciplinary Commission this morning.

“There is only one certainty, which is that I played with Andrea Masiello for six months at Genoa.

“He never referred to me in this situation and he could easily have done so, seeing as he has my phone number. He never contacted me, nor did he refer to me in his testimony.

“I talk about certainties, because so far all I’ve heard from prosecutor Stefano Palazzi are doubts and allegations. I cannot prove or disprove any of it.

“I ask only for certainties. I am a father, I have to look to my family and my employers. If I have to end my career, then I need to receive certainties and truth.

“Giving up football, which is my life, would be torture for me. I don’t want doubts and accusations based on hypotheses, just because I was the Bologna captain and had to decide for 18 other players.

“My only crime here was being the captain, which seems crazy to me. Palazzi has only doubts right now. That’s all I have to say, thank you.”

Portanova
“I have always set the example for everyone, including the younger players. Now I am fighting for my career and my family, all because of something that somebody else said,”

Sampdoria 'forced into plea bargain'
“The club had wanted to defend itself in the court, fighting every charge levelled at our player, but the current legal system excessively compresses the possibility of staging a full defence.

“Essentially, we would’ve been penalised automatically for ‘direct responsibility’ and we would not have even been allowed to question the accuser.”

Fabio Cannavaro has offered himself to lead our bench as coach while Conte is banned.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no thanks, Fabio. We don't need you now. We needed you in 2006, cazzo di buffone.

:(

I don't think the fans would want that. I don't want that :/

He made a good point about technology though, Conte will reach the locker-room one way or another. :p

charlies-angels-charlie_480x360.jpg

bjaelke

Dutch Super Cup tomorrow.

Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule
Viktor Fischer in line to make his senior début for Ajax tomorrow evening against PSV. Mitchell Dijks already confirmed. #JohanCruijffSchaal

Zabojnik

Arnie, I don't care if Spotify doesn't have it.

"Lookout Mountain, Lookout Sea" by the Silver Jews should be part of your life.

Lookout Mountain is a pretty good album. But does anyone here listen to music that has some, you know, balls about it? Enough of this mainstream / mellow songwriter / british rock / indie / crap already.

For instance, this is what the postman left on my doorstep today.

Dream_Theater_-_Metropolis_Pt._2-_Scenes_from_a_Memory.jpg

The vinyl version. Been meaning to order it for months, finally took the plunge. 25€, so so worth it.

Yoshida scored. :lol

Sucks for Shinji. He was bragging to Shinji yesterday about debuting at Old Trafford before he gets to. Now he scored at Old Trafford before Shinji.

WriterGK

Yoshida scored. :lol

Sucks for Shinji. He was bragging to Shinji yesterday about debuting at Old Trafford before he gets to. Now he scored at Old Trafford before Shinji.

Yeah our dutch club VVV will probably get some quite few million euro's for Yoshida if they sell him :D

Pretty comfortable win for Japan, although made easier thanks Egypt's red card. Hope they'll reach the final, they played some of the best football so far in this olympic tournament.

Hixx

Have you ever read a wikipedia article for a player which is just so full of shit it makes you think the player wrote it?

Ahmed Elmohamady.

"He is known for delivering excellent crosses and for his tireless work rate." LOL NOPE
"In the end of May, Arsenal had stated that they have interest in signing the player while Premier League promoters West Ham had supposedly sent an official offer for the player. Arsenal later dropped out of the race but Hull City and Lokomotiv Moscow had also shown interest in signing the him, but Elmohamedy had stated after a World Cup qualifier for Egypt that he was close to signing with West Ham."

KuGsj.gif

dc89

I'll wait to hear it from dc.

xD

I honestly don't know who City are going to sign! It's really strange this window. They signed Clichy & Savic pretty much out of no where last season and it happened real fast!

We've not even made low key signings yet.

Arnie

Arnie, I don't care if Spotify doesn't have it.

"Lookout Mountain, Lookout Sea" by the Silver Jews should be part of your life.

Giving it a go now.

Driving to Lytham and then onto Blackpool for a laugh today, with a few friends of course (I can't drive). Need something to do to get out the house whilst we wrap up Allen. Do Team GB play today?

xD

I honestly don't know who City are going to sign! It's really strange this window. They signed Clichy & Savic pretty much out of no where last season and it happened real fast!

We've not even made low key signings yet.
Well you're after Agger, RVP, and De Rossi, and I don't think you'll get any of them, because none are worth the price they'd cost, and you've decided to stop spunking money with disregard.

dc89

Well you're after Agger, RVP, and De Rossi, and I don't think you'll get any of them, because none are worth the price they'd cost, and you've decided to stop spunking money with disregard.

That's that then.

May aswell engrave Chelsea on the PL trophy right now.

We NEED 1/2 quality additions to the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom