• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

LkBSE.jpg

The backlash will be immense if Ando is poor this season.

Shinji versus Valerenga vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE_3Tm9sym8

Clegg

I was so keen on this Lucas transfer because from the very beginning I thought that it was the most likely one we'd make after Kagawa. A young and talented winger? SAF would be very interested in that. I don't think we'll be signing anyone else this summer tbh. All the eggs were in the Lucas basket.

Its clear that from the beginning, Sao Paolo were looking for a bidding war and they've gotten what they wanted now.

And WTF is going on at UEFA? Platini specifically brought in FFP to stop spending like this and even mentioned City and Chelsea when talking about sugar daddy clubs. Well PSG have just outspent both of them but he hasn't said a word about it. Fuck off.

Clegg

Well, guess I was naive for thinking our club's history and prestige continues to count for something.

In some cases it does. But PSG are quite possibly the richest club in the world. Most players would find it very hard to turn down down all the money that PSG are throwing at him.

dc89

Have you all put your penises (is that the right plural?) away yet? They've been out for a few days regarding Moura.

Clegg

Alright. Mancini is deffo still in for him, in any case.

I think the Baines deal is dead. It could always be brought back up but I can't see SAF going back in for a player he deemed too expensive the first time around.

I can't see us signing a CM as SAF just doesn't seem interested in one. RVP seems like the only player we have any links to right now.

Salazar

I can't see us signing a CM as SAF just doesn't seem interested in one. RVP seems like the only player we have any links to right now.

I agree about Baines. I think we have more options though.

It's just a fool's game trying to follow any of it.

Back from a week in Cyprus. How's things footy-GAF?

Evra's wife is giving birth.
Phil Jones(?) is unwell and will tour no more.
Anderson has put the arm rest up and is occupying window and aisle seats.
Kagawa continues to impress.
PSG and Sao Paulo can fuck off.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Jorge Martinez close to finding a deal with Mallorca.

And WTF is going on at UEFA? Platini specifically brought in FFP to stop spending like this and even mentioned City and Chelsea when talking about sugar daddy clubs. Well PSG have just outspent both of them but he hasn't said a word about it. Fuck off.
Laurent Platini, Michel's son, is Qatar Sports Investment's lawyer, a group controlled by QIA, the owners of PSG.

Clegg

Back from a week in Cyprus. How's things footy-GAF?

Lucas is signing for PSG.
Anderson is still fat
Aquilani left Liverpool
Anderson is still fat
Every big PL club has had a shit pre season
Mancini said City aren't interested in RVP anymore
Bob Cass is full of shit
Anderson is still fat

Arnie

Goal.com reporting that City are preparing a £20million bid for Agger. I'd hold out for a few million more.

Saying that, regardless of all the 'Stobarts always spot on' that's infested this thread lately, the last two 'Stobart exclusives' we're Liverpool preparing a bid for Sturridge, and Liverpool agreeing a deal for Allen. Both turned out to be utter bullshit, so I'll take this with a pinch of salt.

ElyrionX

To be fair, I'm not even sure whether a £30mn 19yo or a £15mn injury-prone 29yo would make much sense for us. But given the at-times dire state of affairs with regards to our on-field performances last season, I think many United fans are just desperate to see something spectacular happen in the transfer market for us because it's been far too long since we last had a truly marquee signing.

WJD

Anderson is still fat
Aquilani left Liverpool
Anderson is still fat
Bob Cass is full of shit
Anderson is still fat

All according to keikaku

Salazar

I think many United fans are just desperate to see something spectacular happen in the transfer market for us because it's been far too long since we last had a truly marquee signing.

I really don't think we need to do much except build midfield depth and variety.

Someone who can control possession, and a tackling machine who could drop to CB in a pinch. Someone who could pencil in a tick in both of these boxes would be good. We don't need flash - just extreme workrate and tenacity.

sohois

Goal.com reporting that City are preparing a £20million bid for Agger. I'd hold out for a few million more.

Saying that, regardless of all the 'Stobarts always spot on' that's infested this thread lately, the last two 'Stobart exclusives' we're Liverpool preparing a bid for Sturridge, and Liverpool agreeing a deal for Allen. Both turned out to be utter bullshit, so I'll take this with a pinch of salt.

Would've thought that City would offer Adam Johnson in exchange as well, £20mil plus Johnson would probably be enough for Liverpool. Johnson, £10mil for a new defender & £10mil for one of Dempsey, Ramirez or Sturridge and Liverpool would be a much stronger team than holding on to Agger I feel.

Clegg

Imo SAF wants Cleverley and Anderson to succeed so he doesn't have to buy a CM

I think both can develop into good players but nowhere near the level required for us to compete in the CL.

I also wanted us to sign Lucas as I'm terrified we might actually try to sell Nani.

Wilbur

Banned
I really don't think we need to do much except build midfield depth and variety.

Someone who can control possession, and a tackling machine who could drop to CB in a pinch. Someone who could pencil in a tick in both of these boxes would be good. We don't need flash - just extreme workrate and tenacity.

Tackling machine who could drop to CB? Mascherano! No wait. Busquets! Nope, not gonna happen. Martinez! Narp.

YAYA TOURE

I think both can develop into good players
but nowhere near the level required for us to compete in the CL.

I also wanted us to sign Lucas as I'm terrified we might actually try to sell Nani.

I reckon we'd only sell Nani if we got Moura. But fuck him

ElyrionX

I think both can develop into good players but nowhere near the level required for us to compete in the CL.

I don't know about Anderson. He's been given so many opportunities already.

Clegg

I don't know about Anderson. He's been given so many opportunities already.

I'd be perfectly happy if we sold Anderson but SAF seems to want to persist with him. I don't think he is good enough for Manchester United but Fergie seems desperate to persist with him. We should try to sign Sahin but that really doesn't seem likely.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Anderson is still fat
Aquilani left Liverpool
Anderson is still fat

Bob Cass is full of shit
Anderson is still fat

City, United and Spurs have been just fine, they have been workmanlike but never looked totally off the pace. Chelsea and Arsenal on the other hand...

Kenka

Sexiest player in the whole history of the game. Even Cabaye and Debuchy are not that handsome:

original.jpg

Höwedes looks like shit in comparision.

Arnie

Would've thought that City would offer Adam Johnson in exchange as well, £20mil plus Johnson would probably be enough for Liverpool. Johnson, £10mil for a new defender & £10mil for one of Dempsey, Ramirez or Sturridge and Liverpool would be a much stronger team than holding on to Agger I feel.
You make a compelling argument. I'd definitely say yes to £20 million plus Johnson, or even better £20 million plus Adebayour.
Yes but everybody is allowed one strange result in pre-season. We drew with Liverpool, remember.
:lol

Hixx

Seb Larsson is the sexiest football.

Also don't google image search without the safe mode thing on. Someone has made a fake
LLShC.gif

Salazar

Craig Levein says Fletch is coming back into the Scotland setup. Been training and played half of a practice match.

Made up for him being well enough to have a go at it.

Tc91

From what I've read Sky Italia aren't exactly the most reliable place for transfer news, pretty sure they said Ba signed for Galatasaray.

Ravel Morrison has joined Birmingham on a season long loan.

Wilbur

Banned
Craig Levein says Fletch is coming back into the Scotland setup. Been training and played half of a practice match.

Made up for him being well enough to have a go at it.

If we got a full strength Fletch back then I wouldn't think we'd need another CM, but I can't really see that happening.

Fletcher, Carrick and Cleverley would be a wonderfully balanced midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom