• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

If we cut out the stupid defeats (JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII) we can retain it. But I'm making no bones about it, Chelsea will want to challenge and they will.

And United, as ever they want to win. Even more now.

Wanting to challenge and actually challenging are very different things. Can't see us doing better than 3rd, we're in too much of a transitional phase.

Andy Green ‏@andersred
#MUFC confirm will repay £63.6m of bonds post IPO. Will save under £4m in interest pa after tax.

More than I expected with the lower share price tbh.

Salvadora

Do you expect him to say he does not know who he is? that he would not be welcome? I wonder how he got asked this. Plus pique of all people should know not to fuck around with possible signings after what him and puyol caused over cesc and the clasico.

I don't expect Puyol & Pique care at all, They'll do or say whatever the fuck they want. I fucking hope this isn't the first of many comments.

Asked specifically about Van Persie, Mancini said: 'Van Persie is not our player. He is an Arsenal or United player.

ipTa0jiQOHq9G.gif

It's fashionable to always put down Mancini, mainly because he's a foreigner. The English press is xenophobic and awful and it spreads from the press to the forums.

I like Mancini. I like how he fights to get the team he wants and he did a good job of holding a team of mercs together.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's gonna be a short ban, according to the veritable oracle that is the GdS!

Yeah, no way it stays on 10 with the appeals.

GdS reported the bans a couple of days earlier, lol. There is something wrong when the media can report confidential verdicts/release videos days ahead.

confuziz

Banned
Full europa league draw:

FC Anzhi Makhachkala (RUS) v AZ Alkmaar (NED)
APOEL FC (CYP) v Neftçi PFK (AZE)
Atromitos FC (GRE) v Newcastle United FC (ENG)
Tromsø IL (NOR) v FK Partizan (SRB)
FC Vaslui (ROU) v FC Internazionale Milano (ITA)
Heart of Midlothian FC (SCO) v Liverpool FC (ENG)
Athletic Club (ESP) v HJK Helsinki (FIN)
CS Marítimo (POR) v *FC Dila Gori (GEO) or Anorthosis Famagusta (CYP)
Molde FK (NOR) v sc Heerenveen (NED)
Debreceni VSC (HUN) v Club Brugge KV (BEL)
FC Sheriff (MDA) v Olympique de Marseille (FRA)
Trabzonspor AS (TUR) v Videoton FC (HUN)
FC Midtjylland (DEN) v BSC Young Boys (SUI)
WKS Slask Wrocław (POL) v Hannover 96 (GER)
FC Dinamo Bucuresti (ROU) v FC Metalist Kharkiv (UKR)
AC Horsens (DEN) v Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR)
Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC (ISR) v F91 Dudelange (LUX)
Feyenoord (NED) v AC Sparta Praha (CZE)
Motherwell FC (SCO) v Levante UD (ESP)
FK Crvena Zvezda (SRB) v FC Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA)
KSC Lokeren OV (BEL) v FC Viktoria Plzen (CZE)
S.S. Lazio (ITA) v ND Mura 05 (SVN)
AIK Solna (SWE) v PFC CSKA Moskva (RUS)
Legia Warszawa (POL) v Rosenborg BK (NOR)
Bursaspor (TUR) v FC Twente (NED)
FC Steaua Bucuresti (ROU) v FK Ekranas (LTU)
FC Slovan Liberec (CZE) v FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (UKR)
VfB Stuttgart (GER) v FC Dinamo Moskva (RUS)
PAOK FC (GRE) v SK Rapid Wien (AUT)
FC Luzern (SUI) v KRC Genk (BEL)
FK Zeta (MNE) v PSV Eindhoven (NED)

Bolded the interesting matches, rest is quite predictable

Hixx

It's fashionable to always put down Mancini, mainly because he's a foreigner. The English press is xenophobic and awful and it spreads from the press to the forums.

I like Mancini. I like how he fights to get the team he wants and he did a good job of holding a team of mercs together.

ibrvQn1MNa5W8x.gif

Slizz

Gotta wait till tomorrow for the Brazil vs. Mexico game??? Lame, shit should be on today....after the bronze medal match....

WJD

huh?

Mastadon

Banned
So it's going to be another one in, one out day for Liverpool today I reckon.

Think Bellers is going today then?

Your screen name messes up the wonderful NeoGAF aesthetic, and you're talking complete bollocks.

Two strikes kid.

K1LLER7

RorySmithTimes

Brief football diversion: #thfc have offered one of Gomes/Dos Santos/Gallas in exchange for Julio Cesar. Inter have asked about Kyle Walker.

Arsenal also denied a new bid was made by United.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
RorySmithTimes

Brief football diversion: #thfc have offered one of Gomes/Dos Santos/Gallas in exchange for Julio Cesar. Inter have asked about Kyle Walker.

ohohohoho

I'd rather keep all 4 of those players then bring in some Inturd cast-off. Let's offer them Bassong instead.

Pathetic JTs running this club. So because they decided to have some shitty Coldplay concert in our stadium, we have given up our last match home advantage. Fucking idiots, want to kick our CEO hard in the balls, hate his face.

bjaelke

Pathetic JTs running this club. So because they decided to have some shitty Coldplay concert in our stadium, we have given up our last match home advantage. Fucking idiots, want to kick our CEO hard in the balls, hate his face.

Wait...you have a stadium? I always thought it was a speedway track!

Zabojnik

Yeah, no way it stays on 10 with the appeals.

GdS reported the bans a couple of days earlier, lol. There is something wrong when the media can report confidential verdicts/release videos days ahead.

Apparently FIGC started an internal investigation to find out who the deep throat is. Oh, the irony. Someone nuke this corrupted, incompetent and frankly offensive organization from the orbit, please.

Galliani said:
“Nine substitutions. When you play Real Madrid you can’t think this way. We are in New York in front of 60thousand spectators in a full stadium, with everybody’s eyes on us, millions of eyes watching on TV. It is not a match against Solbiate Arno; you don’t make nine changes. It was a grave mistake and I will not tolerate this kind of poor showing"
Look who's pissed. Maybe it's time to start buying someone. Or maybe Allegri decided to make nine changes because it was a friendly match, when is pretty normal to see a different formation during the second half.

Btw, as of today Milan sold almost 20k season tickets for the Serie A 2012/2013. San Siro can hold four times that number. And 72 people asked for a refund after Thiago and Ibra were sold to PSG.

We're still after Matri and Borriello, and it looks like Kakà is willing to cut his own salary to come back. Of course, Real won't let him go for free, while Galliani wants to get him on a loan. This will definitely end well, I'm sure of it.

Zabojnik

We're still after Matri and Borriello, and it looks like Kakà is willing to cut his own salary to come back. Of course, Real won't let him go for free, while Galliani wants to get him on a loan. This will definitely end well, I'm sure of it.

Zapata, Kaka, Matri. Not bad, not bad, all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom