• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

duhhhh

I can be an idiot sometimes. Ok then, while we have 24 minutes left, here's something for football playing GAF:

I'm going to be playing 11-a-side for the first time in 3 years this season and really need to get my fitness to an acceptable level before September time. Anyone got any tips because at the moment, I'm not exactly at my peak.

Play some 5 a side leading up to it? Lol, or just jog/bike/skate around everywhere.

Mastadon

Banned
duhhhh

I can be an idiot sometimes. Ok then, while we have 24 minutes left, here's something for football playing GAF:

I'm going to be playing 11-a-side for the first time in 3 years this season and really need to get my fitness to an acceptable level before September time. Anyone got any tips because at the moment, I'm not exactly at my peak.

P90x. It's a great work out and will get you in shape pretty quickly. I used it to get back into shape after my knee blew out and it was awesome.

Meier

I'll be a bit disappointed to see De Jong go especially after the recent #asknigel. Just a very personable guy, seems like he'd be great to have in the clubhouse. Hopefully we can parlay his exit into a De Rossi signing with Barry then sliding into Nigel's sub role.

WJD

P90x. It's a great work out and will get you in shape pretty quickly. I used it to get back into shape after my knee blew out and it was awesome.

I'm in a similar situation! I've heard a lot of good things about it so it's a definite option.

Mastadon

Banned
I'm in a similar situation! I've heard a lot of good things about it so it's a definite option.

If your knee is still a bit suspect you'll want to avoid the plyo stuff. There's another programme called Body Revolution which has some awesome HIIT cardio work outs, might be worth checking that one out too.

8ac9ebf6-5c8b-473d-a83b-400fbddf18ed.jpg

Giovinco arrives. We're putting our faith in this man. 11million after we only received a couple million for his co-ownership. Here's hoping!

Zabojnik

8ac9ebf6-5c8b-473d-a83b-400fbddf18ed.jpg

Giovinco arrives. We're putting our faith in this man. 11million after we only received a couple million for his co-ownership. Here's hoping!

Eh, 7M€ it's not too bad, honestly. I mean, it's stupid, seeing how he used to be one of ours, but if that's the price we had to pay for him to return a better player than the one who left, I'm okay with it. There's only one problem. I'm not sure that he is a much better player now. :D In Conte we trust.

Destro to Roma is a done deal, it seems. 16M€ + 1,5M€ salary. That's ... actually a lot, even for a talented lad like him. I'm sure he'll do really well at Roma.

Hixx

duhhhh

try and play some 5 a side.

Real Madrid kids + Granero are nailing it.

Morata has improved a lot this year, let's see how can he manage the minutes he gets with the first team.

deroli

Hahaha fucking RedBull Salzburg was eliminated in the CL Qualification by... wait for it... luxembourgian giants F91 Dudelange! Yet another european disaster for RB. Hope it stays like that for a long time. No one needs those clubs bred in test tubes.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Red Bull Salzburg out of Champions League qualifiers - Dudelange (Luxemburg) advances

AWESOME!

Zabojnik

While GAF was down I learned:

- VAN PERSIE: a) Juve are offering a 5.5M€ + bonuses salary, RVP is okay with that; Juve is preparing the 'decisive' bid, which is supposed to be ~25M€; b) United are dead serious about Robin and Van Persie is convinced that ManU is his best option

- MELO: as per usual, when turkish clubs are involved, Galatasaray went back on their word and lowered the salary offer, to which Melo said thanks, but no thanks. Melo on Twitter: "Hello, good afternoon everyone, I just want to say that galatasaray will stay forever in my heart, thank you fans, you are beautiful!" There are some rumors about Bayern being interested, but I'm sure it's all bullshit. So, yeah, we're fucked. Him and Krasic are going to prevent us from getting the cash needed for the WC striker.

- DESTRO: it's done. Roma have him. 16M€ + 1,5M€ salary. Congrats, I guess.

Carbonox

While GAF was down I learned:

- VAN PERSIE: a) Juve are offering a 5.5M€ + bonuses salary, RVP is okay with that; Juve is preparing the 'decisive' bid, which is supposed to be ~25M€; b) United are dead serious about Robin and Van Persie is convinced that ManU is his best option

- MELO: as per usual, when turkish clubs are involved, Galatasaray went back on their word and lowered the salary offer, to which Melo said thanks, but no thanks. Melo on Twitter: "Hello, good afternoon everyone, I just want to say that galatasaray will stay forever in my heart, thank you fans, you are beautiful!" There are some rumors about Bayern being interested, but I'm sure it's all bullshit. So, yeah, we're fucked. Him and Krasic are going to prevent us from getting the cash needed for the WC striker.

- DESTRO: it's done. Roma have him. 16M€ + 1,5M€ salary. Congrats, I guess.

I take it it's 100% impossible for Krasic and Melo to suddenly become awesomesauce? :p

Arnie

Can I ask why Juve are going in so hard on RVP? Can't they find someone younger?
Because he's one of the top three strikers in the world?

Because on top of their current team he basically guarantees another Scudetto?

Because he's capable of scoring past any opposition, thus perfect for their return to the Champions League?

Because a combination of Pirlo and Van Persie is game over?

jtb

Banned
dunno why RVP doesn't want to go to City. He'll win more trophies (minus CL obviously), make more money, reunite with old friends... and most importantly, Mancini will pay!

Arnie

dunno why RVP doesn't want to go to City. He'll win more trophies (minus CL obviously), make more money, reunite with old friends... and most importantly, Mancini will pay!
City have less chance of winning the Premier League than Juventus do of winning Serie A, so I don't know where you pulled that from. Plus there's far more competition for places at City, at Juve he'll be the main man in a winning team.

Zabojnik

BREAKING NEWS (Di Marzio): Spartak are apparently preparing a 8,5M€ offer for Melo! *makeithappen.gif*

I take it it's 100% impossible for Krasic and Melo to suddenly become awesomesauce? :p

Well, Melo was great at Fiorentina and before the incident with Brazil we was highly rated there as well. We bought him for 25M€ from Fiorentina, which was only one of the absurd deals made by Alessio Secco, easily one of the worst managers to ever grace our club. Melo had a great start with Juve, as did Diego, then things went bad all of a sudden. We were playing like shit under Ciro Ferrara and Melo (along with Diego and Amauri) soon became the poster boy for everything that was wrong with Juve at the time. He was a public menace, a red card was always just behind the corner, his passing was abysmal. His obvious limits surfaced, the main being that he is an incurable hothead.

After the loan to Galatasaray I stopped caring, but apparently he's had an amazing season with them. They won the title and he quickly became a fan's favourite. Which proves that he can perform really well in the right context.

Krasic ... I don't know. His first 6 months with us he was FUCKING AMAZING. Unstoppable on the wing, really. Then his form went down and everybody found out that he basically only has one move (watch the videos) and it was lights out for him in Serie A after that. Like, instantly. Yet I still think he'd be a pretty decent winger in a less tactical league.

Clegg

Lucas Mouras agent:

Better to be quiet from all parties, leave Lucas to play the Olympics and be quiet. I'm going to England to watch Brazil.

Every day the newspapers put Lucas in Manchester, in Spain, and it is harming him.

jtb

Banned
City have less chance of winning the Premier League than Juventus do of winning Serie A, so I don't know where you pulled that from. Plus there's far more competition for places at City, at Juve he'll be the main man in a winning team.

PL > Serie A though. Not much of a secret that there's been an exodus of stars from Serie A over the years... first it was Zlatan and Kaka, now Zlatan again and Thiago Silva. Career wise, he'd be a big fish moving to a smaller pond. (Sorry Juve-GAF, but you know it's true!) And I figured if it's his last big payday, who cares about playing, just show him the money.

I hope he goes to Juve (going to City would be fine too since they have so many strikers he wouldn't really be strengthening them), but that's probably unrealistic and would shave off a couple million off the transfer fee.

either way, fuck United. Why would you want to go to United RVP?!?

Meier

So Dzeko isn't going to China since he's apparently not fully fit yet. Hadn't heard he had a knock at all.

Still expecting either Edin or Tevez to be sold to Milan during the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom