• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az

So Dzeko isn't going to China since he's apparently not fully fit yet. Hadn't heard he had a knock at all.

Still expecting either Edin or Tevez to be sold to Milan during the summer.

Yea, I believe it's all bull. Edin will end up at a different place this summer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm hearing RVP to Juve is a done deal. For the love of god just give them whatever they want Marotta.

iFSXC3oEKzTcY.gif

Meh given our recent history of overpaying, what's a few extra millions on a WC striker like him?
Giovinco arrives. We're putting our faith in this man. 11million after we only received a couple million for his co-ownership. Here's hoping!
REALLY fucking hyped!! I'm secretly happy we got him back!
BREAKING NEWS (Di Marzio): Spartak are apparently preparing a 8,5M€ offer for Melo! *makeithappen.gif*

jwsp6.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
PL > Serie A though. Not much of a secret that there's been an exodus of stars from Serie A over the years... first it was Zlatan and Kaka, now Zlatan again and Thiago Silva. Career wise, he'd be a big fish moving to a smaller pond. (Sorry Juve-GAF, but you know it's true!) And I figured if it's his last big payday, who cares about playing, just show him the money.

While there's no denying Serie A is not the best league around anymore, the common denominator of the players you mentioned is "AC Milan in debt".

Italian clubs (or anyone in the world really) can't compete with PSG and City when it comes to wages. They can offer less taxes though :p

Zabojnik

Can I ask why Juve are going in so hard on RVP? Can't they find someone younger?

Because he's one of the top three strikers in the world?

Because on top of their current team he basically guarantees another Scudetto?

Because he's capable of scoring past any opposition, thus perfect for their return to the Champions League?

Because a combination of Pirlo and Van Persie is game over?

What Arnie said. We also need a big name to fuel our italian / european comeback. Marketing and all that. I'm sure there are many who would prefer Cavani, Suarez or Higuain, but as of right now, RVP seems to be the only (somewhat) realistic option.

I'm fully prepared for City (or United) to snatch him, though. After Dzeko and Aguero I don't dare to hope anymore.

Spartak and Loko seriously need to stop buying players, I'm getting scared for this season. Plus you also know that Anzhi are gonna start throwing around huge transfers offers to anyone willing to listen.

jtb

Banned
While there's no denying Serie A is not the best league around anymore, the common denominator of the players you mentioned is "AC Milan".

and Inter! (I should've mentioned the other superstar... Mou) but Juve is on the rise, no doubt about that. Few sides are better at losing CL finals amirite?

wonder who we'll buy with the RVP money. Cazorla deal seems to be on regardless of whether RVP is sold, which is good. a right back would be nice (Debuchy? please?!?). M'Vila would be nice too (fuck you Diaby... he's not even a fucking holding player!!!).

Zabojnik

Juve is on the rise, no doubt about that. Few sides are better at losing CL finals amirite?

Actually, no sides are better. :) We're tied with Benfica, 5 finals lost. Of which I saw three. The memories will haunt me forever. We were objectively the better team too. On paper, at least. Eh, fuck it. It's a game, the ball is round, etc.

Meier

So these might be fake?

http://www.uksoccershop.com/p-18965/2011-12-Real-Madrid-Adidas-Home-Football-Shirt.html

Is there a site in existence which sells official 2011-12 kits apart from ie. RM Official shop?

This any good (official) http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/

worldsoccershop and kitbag are good options for official stuff. It's going to be hard to find previous year's kits now though. Most places immediately transition to the new version. The new RM shirt is $112 from Kitbag with name/number printing. Probably another $10 to add a champion's patch.

Looks like Kitbag just has 11/12 in Kids' sizes at this point.

Meier

City squad got on the plane to China. Meanwhile De Jong was tweeting pictures of trainers.

He's going.

Dzeko's not going either (see above) nor is Joleon I believe (sheesh, long vacation!). I read the other day that Mario is back to training (not sure if he is going on the tour though) so I'm surprised Lescott isn't.

Dzeko supposedly isn't fully fit.

Zabojnik

It's not gonna happen, obviously. Still, a man can dream. San Siro ... 84' ... 1-1 ... and then Van Persie pulls something like this out of his magic bag. Inter owned once again. *shivers*

rvp1.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Edinson Cavani's wife was robbed in Napoli today. Two men got away with a watch worth € 18 000."

Any buyers?

Edit: FFS, not for the watch :p For Cavani!

Zabojnik

Edinson Cavani's wife was robbed in Napoli today. Two men got away with a watch worth € 18 000.

AGAIN? Jesus Christ, it happens like two or three times a year down there to players like Cavani, Lavezzi and Hamsik. I remember Lavezzi girlfriend raging about it on twitter (Napoli citta' di merda! and other compliments). :D

jtb

Banned
god I love Inglourious Basterds. Introduced me (and I'm sure loads of people) to Christoph Waltz and Michael Fassbender.

edit: and I'll be very sad if M'Vila ends up going to City because Wenger has faith in Diaby :'(

Carbonox

It's not gonna happen, obviously. Still, a man can dream. San Siro ... 84' ... 1-1 ... and then Van Persie pulls something like this out of his magic bag. Inter owned once again. *shivers*

rvp1.gif

Took me about 5 minutes to slowly process what he was doing with his feet but now I get it. Crazy.

Thorgan Hazard has signed for Chelsea.

He will join their U-21 squad and will then be considered for a loan move.

Seriously? Hah.

Arnie

"Edinson Cavani's wife was robbed in Napoli today. Two men got away with a watch worth € 18 000."

Any buyers?

Edit: FFS, not for the watch :p For Cavani!
Sell Carroll for £15 million, dig deep in our kit and commercial sponsor money (Chevrolet), and offer £35 million + Aquilani. It's almost a guarantee of Champions League football.

Carbonox

I must be the only person to see that Inglorious is hugely overrated.

Really don't understand the love for it at all.

Nah I'm with you. Some great characters and scenes but overall, not a film I'd be all "love you long time" for. May watch it again down the road but otherwise I wouldn't put it anywhere near 'favourite' lists.

Kyoufu

Sell Carroll for £15 million, dig deep in our kit and commercial sponsor money (Chevrolet), and offer £35 million + Aquilani. It's almost a guarantee of Champions League football.

I don't think his girlfriend will want to move from one thieving city to another.

While GAF was down I learned:

- VAN PERSIE: a) Juve are offering a 5.5M€ + bonuses salary, RVP is okay with that; Juve is preparing the 'decisive' bid, which is supposed to be ~25M€; b) United are dead serious about Robin and Van Persie is convinced that ManU is his best option

- MELO: as per usual, when turkish clubs are involved, Galatasaray went back on their word and lowered the salary offer, to which Melo said thanks, but no thanks. Melo on Twitter: "Hello, good afternoon everyone, I just want to say that galatasaray will stay forever in my heart, thank you fans, you are beautiful!" There are some rumors about Bayern being interested, but I'm sure it's all bullshit. So, yeah, we're fucked. Him and Krasic are going to prevent us from getting the cash needed for the WC striker.

- DESTRO: it's done. Roma have him. 16M€ + 1,5M€ salary. Congrats, I guess.

That Destro fee is UNREAL. No way in hell the rumours are true that we offered more money.

And as for RVP, well, I just want the saga to be over so we can focus on Pazzini, our real target.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

On loan?
SX8ld.gif

Aqua is cursed. I'm convinced he'll show his quality this season and lead Liverpool to the title.
qQSAz.gif

Meier

I am a big fan of much of his work but I don't think he's infallible or anything like that. IB was even better than I'd hoped for personally. Just checked out the Blu-Ray from the library yesterday to watch it again. :)

I wonder if Chelsea will also get the youngest Hazard? Starts with a K.. Kylian or something

kharma45

The majority of Tarantino's films are hugely overrated.

Nah I'm with you. Some great characters and scenes but overall, not a film I'd be all "love you long time" for. May watch it again down the road but otherwise I wouldn't put it anywhere near 'favourite' lists.

Nope, you are definitely not the only one to think that

Thank fuck I'm not the only one then, as Arnie said the majority of his films are hugely overrated.

Any time I see a mention of his films, say Inglorious, it's always people salivating over how amazing they supposedly are.

jtb

Banned

it's QT at his most indulgent; warts and all. he'll never make a movie as perfectly constructed as Pulp Fiction, partly because he's carved out his own niche with the Weinsteins and will basically get a blank check to make whatever movie he wants to make. For better or for worse.

Tarantino is one of my favorite directors working (certainly my favorite screenwriter), and Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies ever. but obviously he's very polarizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom